I can't believe with Mauron gone they are still doing this!

Red

From Bills Daily: "Special Teamers Go Outside: It's always fun to play football in the snow and Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, and Garrison Sanborn went outside during yesterday's practice in blizzard like conditions. They practiced kicking field goals and punts under the watchful eye of Bobby April while the rest of the team stayed warm and dry in the fieldhouse."

Huh?

I thought that these Mauronic tendencies of having the Bills practicing INSIDE when the Buffalo weather is OUTSIDE would be gone when Jauron left.

These players are too pampered. Last year's Cleveland game proved that we are not properly prepared to play in the elements.

I don't like it.

From Bills Daily: "Special Teamers Go Outside: It's always fun to play football in the snow and Rian Lindell, Brian Moorman, and Garrison Sanborn went outside during yesterday's practice in blizzard like conditions. They practiced kicking field goals and punts under the watchful eye of Bobby April while the rest of the team stayed warm and dry in the fieldhouse."

Huh?

I thought that these Mauronic tendencies of having the Bills practicing INSIDE when the Buffalo weather is OUTSIDE would be gone when Jauron left.

These players are too pampered. Last year's Cleveland game proved that we are not properly prepared to play in the elements.

I don't like it.

I have been saying this for years. Glad to see someone else agrees.

So most believe that, given the fact that the Bills play in an outdoor stadium with notoriously devious winds, wind chills, freezing rain, and sometimes sub-zero temperatures, that they should not train for this and use it to their competitive advantage?

Granted, this franchise has needed more than a weather advantage to cure its ills this decade.

But on the flip side, I grew up with the Super Bowl Bills. I started watching football in '88. I can remember the rivalry with the Dolphins, and how teams like them (Raiders) would constantly come in and be intimidated by not only the Bills, but always be b!tch!n about how they were going to deal with the elements that is Ralph Wilson Stadium. Bills players would not wear shirt sleeves in an effort to intimidate the opposition psychologically.

Last year's Cleveland game was an embarrassment, not solely because we lost to the Browns, but that the Bills were clearly unprepared to play in the elements.

That a cold weather club, with an outdoor stadium such as the Bills, to be as unprepared as they were last season against the Browns is a terrible indictment that these guys need to learn how to play in the snow.

How fast would you blast Fewell if Terrence McGee reinjures his knee practicing outside????? Every team in the NFL practices this way. Listen to the players. Theirs bodies can barely move by Wednesday. In general I agree a little more hitting especially in training camp would be a good thing. I think that is where you find out that your back-up LB is much better than your starter in real conditions. But in-season it just unnecessarily risks injury.

Huh?

I don't like it.

We are not properly prepared to play in doors or out.

How much can you accomplish practicing in a blizzard? I'm all for practicing outside but there are limits.

I agree my turck weighs between 3,000-4,000 pounds and it was being blown around like a rag doll yesterday, I cant imagine trying to run/pass into that wind and snow

Huh?

I don't like it.

Browns/ Steelers looked great last night. Do you think they practiced in bad conditions?

Forecast for Sunday's game is low 40s and partly sunny. Not exactly blizzard-like conditions.

Exactly. Having the kickers get a little taste makes sense for the remaining home games. But having the majority of the team practicing outside yesterday would have been a complete waste of time. The original post is ridiculous.

Exactly. Having the kickers get a little taste makes sense for the remaining home games. But having the majority of the team practicing outside yesterday would have been a complete waste of time. The original post is ridiculous.

Bc people are morons. Do other cold weather teams practice outside? hell no. you dont get as much accomplished, players get sick/ hurt.

It makes sense for kickers bc the wind plays an integral part of the job they perform.

Good God....saying practicing outside would have prepped them better for that Cleveland game is like saying practicing in the rain would have prepped them for playing during Katrina.

Exactly! There is NO TEAM that could have been "prepped" for the weather in that Browns game. If these guys actually watched the game, they would never make an example of it.

Unbelievable.

So you want them to prepare for a game in the 40's and sunny by going out in a blizzard, unable to get anything accomplished in 60+ mph gusts?

Yeah, great idea. Glad you are not on the coaching staff. Makes no sense whatsoever!