For everyone who asks "Is the game online?"

PromoTheRobot

Congress gets invloved in sports "piracy"

Not a lot of info in this article, other than Congress is getting involved. (You know who they will side with.) I think we all know it was too good to last. What I say is why aren't more sports leagues a) making their games available online, and b) not charge an arm and a leg for the privilege? The NHL wants almost as much as the charge for Center Ice for their online service. The NFL only offers it to viewers outside North America. At least Major League Baseball has a somewhat reasonable package.

PTR

Thanks....good info

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of info in this article, other than Congress is getting involved. (You know who they will side with.) I think we all know it was too good to last. What I say is why aren't more sports leagues a) making their games available online, and b) not charge an arm and a leg for the privilege? The NHL wants almost as much as the charge for Center Ice for their online service. The NFL only offers it to viewers outside North America. At least Major League Baseball has a somewhat reasonable package.

PTR

I'd be glad to pay for games online if possible. For example I'd love to see the Broncos-Colts game today. Unfortunately, Bills-Chiefs are at the same time.

:lol:

We're getting charged an arm and a leg for being able to watch the games by the NFL and then the service often has issues (first 2 games of the season had we were unable to watch any of the early games due to issues with their platform). Then we arent able to see preseason and post season games either even though we paid heaps and heaps of money for it ($30,- per game). Add to that that it's supposed to be in HD but it really isnt (its not even 720p).

Guest dog14787
Sorry. Anyone who thinks they need a gun to make a political point probably does not have a very good argument to start.

PTR

You miss the point entirely, there's a reason to have mutual respect on both sides of the argument, it doesn't mean you need a gun to get something done.

I suppose you know more then our founding forefathers now.

PTR

Of course, the feeds will still be available. The Internet will continue to have these broadcasts, as there is a demand. Nothing much that Congress can do to stop it, so don't alarm everyone.

Anyone who thinks they need a gun to make a political point probably does not have a very good argument to start.

Reminds me of a similar argument someone made when it was stated that the 3 day mandatory waiting period before being able to get a gun license was a violation of his rights to bear arms ...

If you go into a gun shop and you need to have a gun RIGHT NOW, you probably shouldn't have one.

I suppose you know more then our founding forefathers now.

I love how people quote our "founding fathers" as if anything they said or did cannot be argued; so long as it supports their agenda.

The hero George Washington you refer to owned slaves. He "inherited" them from his father. He freed them in his will.... how nice. In other words, I'll use human beings as property, while convenient for me while I'm alive, but once I'm worm food, they can go free. What a humanitarian!!

So, if you want to use quotes of our "founding fathers" to try to make people feel wrong about their viewpoint, please reference one that wasn't a slave owner.... well, try to, as it will likely be impossible.

It's not like there are any more important issues in the country or world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do we let people WE PAY do sh*t we don't want?

Hey I'd prefer that they focus on getting unemployment and cobra reimbursement extended so that I can keep my house and affordable health care while I try to find a job in this :lol::wallbash: economy, but I guess it's more important to worry about making sure that the rich get richer and the fat get fatter.

Guest dog14787
I love how people quote our "founding fathers" as if anything they said or did cannot be argued; so long as it supports their agenda.

The hero George Washington you refer to owned slaves. He "inherited" them from his father. He freed them in his will.... how nice. In other words, I'll use human beings as property, while convenient for me while I'm alive, but once I'm worm food, they can go free. What a humanitarian!!

So, if you want to use quotes of our "founding fathers" to try to make people feel wrong about their viewpoint, please reference one that wasn't a slave owner.... well, try to, as it will likely be impossible.

Folks around here know I will argue with anyone including our founding forefathers if I think they are wrong. I recited the quote because of the wisdom behind it and for no other reason and if your trying to say George Washington's word meant nothing because he grew up in a time when slavery took place that sounds about intelligent is someone needing a gun to force their opinion onto other people which is exactly what George Washington's quote addresses. The Government should not control the people through force or intimidation.

Folks around here know I will argue with anyone including our founding forefathers if I think they are wrong. I recited the quote because of the wisdom behind it and for no other reason and if your trying to say George Washington's word meant nothing because he grew up in a time when slavery took place that sounds about intelligent is someone needing a gun to force their opinion onto other people which is exactly what George Washington's quote addresses. The Government should not control the people through force or intimidation.

Fair enough.

Just so you know, I was referring to a specific instance of a health care protest in my area last summer. The Prez was speaking here too. People on both sides showed up. One man, who made all the news channels, came with a loaded sidearm in full view. Legal? Yes. Threatening? Yes. He thought he was making a statement about the second amendment. To me he was saying "I'm armed and you're not. Guess who's gonna win this argument?" This is just my opinion but when you inject loaded weapons into a political discussion, that is a threat. It's meant to intimidate and it diminishes whatever position that person has.

PTR

Please cite any recent examples of our government using force or intimidation against it's own people.

PTR

Guest dog14787
Please cite any recent examples of our government using force or intimidation against it's own people.

PTR

Which shows the wisdom behind our founding forefathers quote.

Which shows the wisdom behind our founding forefathers quote.

So what you are suggesting is that armed citizens is what keeps the black ops stormtroopers from our doors?? :lol: Dog, you are scaring me, man.

Again, my opinion (and I know this is turning into a PPP thread so forgive me) is that those who think like you, the ones who hoard armor-piercing bullets and automatic weapons, are the real threat to our nation. What you have essentially is an army of unknown intent massing inside our own borders. These are people who, while claiming to love their country, rumor-monger and scheme against their own government, which they deem through some twisted logic that suits their purposes, is illegitimate.

Up here in NH we just went through a situation with the Brown family. They lived up in the boonies in a fortress built for war, stockpiling weapons while screaming about how they don't have to pay taxes. Finally he was duped into letting in the US Marshalls and now he and his wife have cozy accommodations care of Uncle Sam.

PTR

Guest dog14787
So what you are suggesting is that armed citizens is what keeps the black ops stormtroopers from our doors?? :lol: Dog, you are scaring me, man.

Again, my opinion (and I know this is turning into a PPP thread so forgive me) is that those who think like you, the ones who hoard armor-piercing bullets and automatic weapons, are the real threat to our nation. What you have essentially is an army of unknown intent massing inside our own borders. These are people who, while claiming to love their country, rumor-monger and scheme against their own government, which they deem through some twisted logic that suits their purposes, is illegitimate.

Up here in NH we just went through a situation with the Brown family. They lived up in the boonies in a fortress built for war, stockpiling weapons while screaming about how they don't have to pay taxes. Finally he was duped into letting in the US Marshalls and now he and his wife have cozy accommodations care of Uncle Sam.

PTR

scaring yourself man...

You know, like it or not, it's the NFL's property and they can charge what they want and restrict who they want. No amount of wanting it to be different is going to help. The only thing that's going to cause the NFL to make the options more widespread or affordable? It has to work for them financially.

I'd love to just buy the Bills games each week, but then I'd only pay a fraction of what I would for the entire Sunday Ticket package. Sure, some guys (like me) won't fork over the $$ for ST, but overall people do. Allowing per-game viewing or alternative methods would undercut that ST revenue.