Polian weighs in on Tebow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the greatest talent evaluators in football, Bill Polian, says that he doesn't think Tebow will cut it as a QB in the NFL. He thinks some team can use him in the wildcat formation but he is not a prototypical NFL QB. Does Polian's opinion change your mind on drafting Tebow?

no. i agree mostly with Polian....-altho with hard work Tebow could become an above average weak armed athletic QB.

Bobby Douglas was an OK QB.-Bills shouldnt draft Tebow.

One of the greatest talent evaluators in football, Bill Polian, says that he doesn't think Tebow will cut it as a QB in the NFL. He thinks some team can use him in the wildcat formation but he is not a prototypical NFL QB. Does Polian's opinion change your mind on drafting Tebow?

Doesn't change my mind because I never thought the Bills should consider Tebow. He is vastly overrated as a QB. While he is a winner and possibly a good leader, he benefited from playing on the #1 ranked team in the country.

He is not the QB the Bills need (neither is Clausen!).

I take most things that a GM/Operations guy says with a grain of salt anyway. Polian might see him as a valuable addition and wants him to be there for his 2nd round pick. Not sayin I want him on the Bills, but I wouldn't put alot of stock in what he is saying right now.

Here's the quote...

In an interview with the Colts' website, club president Bill Polian strongly indicated that he does not believe Tim Tebow will play QB in the NFL.

Polian admitted that Tebow is "a really good football player," but indicated that the Gators' quarterback could probably only stay under center for a Wildcat-based offense. "There's room for Tim Tebow, if you wanted to install the Wildcat as a part of a specific and integral part of your offense," Polian said. "He'd be perfect for you." Polian also believes Tebow would be a strong short-yardage ball carrier, and/or tight end.

If Polian speaks, I'm willing to accept it as if it was handed down from Mt. Sinai on stone tablets. No to Tebow before the 3rd-4th round.

I'm more of a Locker/Clausen guy anyway.

I take most things that a GM/Operations guy says with a grain of salt anyway. Polian might see him as a valuable addition and wants him to be there for his 2nd round pick. Not sayin I want him on the Bills, but I wouldn't put alot of stock in what he is saying right now.

That about sums it up right there. Don't listen to a word anyone says from someone who is has a big hand in his team's draft next spring. A famous, and fast-becoming nauseating, story down here in South Florida is how in 1983 Don Shula kept talking about how Dan Marino was the worst QB prospect to anyone who would listen, in order for Marino to fall to the Dolphins at #27. Sure enough....

I'm not opposed to Tebow at all, unless he is chosen over Jake Locker.

Has anyone seen this Case Keenum guy? I've only watched him a couple of times and he just looks good to me. Is he just a product of the Houston system or does he have a legit shot at being a pro QB?

Keenum does look promising as a pro QB and he has inflated numbers because of the system they run in Houston. He had 75 pass attempts in the game versus ECU last week. Mobile and throws a pretty good deep ball, but he's played most of his games in a dome. Not sure if he would be able to cut it here, but would be willing to spend a 3rd on him to see.

When I read the title of this post, I expected it to be about how Polian stated Tebow was great as most of the time coaches, GM's, etc will never say anything bad about anyone. The fact that he's stating he doesn't think he'll be very good, to me is rather shocking and makes me think he's even worse than people think. Coaches and Gm's tend to be professional suck ups in most cases.

As far as his "winning attitude" any one on Florida would have a winning attitiude. I'm much more impressed with players who come from weaker schools and are able to lift the team due to their play as opposed to players on teams with far superior talent who just win becasue they are so much better than the competition.