BLOW OUT THE CHIEFS, AGAIN PLEASE

I think the use of polls on this board is severely underutilized.

Opinions are great but can be added onto the poll, whether you vote in the poll or not.

Personally I'm a bit conflicted as to the best way to play out the season.

It would be great to have the team play as hard as possible. Even in this train wreck of a season, you get to see how individual players respond to the adversity and pointlessness of the remaining games. This effort/attitude or lack of will be reflected in the game tape. The new regime will have these tapes to evaluate the players and decide who to go forward with.

Also an organization should always, regardless the circumstances, strive for success and victory. It is incrementally important to the organizational culture.

BUT IMO, we are in a gray area here. I agree somewhat with those who would like to see us lose out. The difference in having the 5th overall pick as opposed to the 3rd overall pick might be the difference in getting that player the team (and all of us) really covet. The counterargument to what I just said is that good drafting is ultimately more important than draft position.

For instance, if we'd have finished last year worse than we did, and ended up with the 8th pick, we could have drafted Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji, or Michael Crabtree. I'd be very pleased with any of these players. The counter argument again is that we still had the opportunity to draft guys like Brian Orakpo, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, or Clay Matthews.

In other words, by drafting higher, we would have had the opportunity to draft some can't miss prospects. But also, even at #11, we still had the opportunity to draft an outstanding, pro-ready player who could have contributed this year.

Agree 100%. Looking back (even though I never supported the Maybin pick, I wanted Orakpo), it makes me sick to think we could have had oher, cushing, orakpo, or clay :censored:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell no! i am definitely not cool with a well executed LOSS! the topic is blow out baby. blow out.

when it comes to the bills. if they can beat ANYBODY, im excited.

im excited just thinking of the possibility...thats how much.

HAHA ... I'm excited your excited. Lets take it :censored: to'em

BUT IMO, we are in a gray area here. I agree somewhat with those who would like to see us lose out. The difference in having the 5th overall pick as opposed to the 3rd overall pick might be the difference in getting that player the team (and all of us) really covet. The counterargument to what I just said is that good drafting is ultimately more important than draft position.

For instance, if we'd have finished last year worse than we did, and ended up with the 8th pick, we could have drafted Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji, or Michael Crabtree. I'd be very pleased with any of these players. The counter argument again is that we still had the opportunity to draft guys like Brian Orakpo, Michael Oher, Brian Cushing, or Clay Matthews.

In other words, by drafting higher, we would have had the opportunity to draft some can't miss prospects. But also, even at #11, we still had the opportunity to draft an outstanding, pro-ready player who could have contributed this year.

a lot of top drafts suck. its all a crap shoot. there is a gazillion examples of great players drafted early and great players drafted late.

byrd is a good example. very decent rookie season. not picked in 1st round.

I don't give a crap about our draft position, I want to win out! GO BILLS!!!!!

Until the talent evaluation staff is upgraded, our draft position is of little value. Forgive the tear stains on this page, but I have been pissed with 7-9, 7-9, but now I'm hoping for win number 5. If I lower my expectations much more, I'll start believing these guys who say we are just a few players away from being a contender.

I wonder if the Jills are contemplating making some significant changes in their personnel?

I'm rooting for a loss. Screw all who say I'm not a real fan because I'm rooting for a loss. I have season tickets and have lived and died with this team for years. I want what is best for them, and at this point, the best thing is a loss, especially vs. a team like KC.

i would rather the bills win the rest of the games this year and skip a first round pick if i had the choice. Playoffs are obviously gone but the point is winning games. Closing gaps with teams leading the all-time series, and widening gaps over teams we are currently leading all-time. Thats what everyone should be concerned about.

Really? Do they give out a shiny football shaped trophy at the end of the season for that? No, they dont.

My number 1 concern is turning the Bills into a perennial Superbowl Contender like they were in the early 90s. Every year there is a chance, every game we can win, always a chance to root for your team, and eventually they WILL get that Superbowl. Now when I ask myself "is it better to get John Guy/Tom Modrak out of here and some real scouts in, OR win a meaningless 'feel good' game vrs the equally ****ty Chiefs"...... Its Fire Modrak/Guy. The more we win the more likely they are to stick around. A win will hurt this franchise more than another loss at this point. A loss will ironically help them win in the future. Root for long term success, not short (ie 3 hours on Sunday)term.

BLOW OUT THE CHIEFS, AGAIN PLEASE, WHERE DOES EVERYONE ELSE STAND?

Where do I stand? I'll be right in front of my seat or in the aisle for most of the game.

I too want to see hope for next year. A loss to the Chiefs, even if it gives us a higher draft position, won't provide me any more hope.

I hope the Bills play great, especially the offense and coaching. But at the same time, I won't be too disappointed if the Chiefs play even better and beat them.

I want to lose out!! Some may call me a bad fan...but its only whats best for the team in the end, so I dont see it as bad!!

People who want this team to lose are bad fans, or i like to say bandwagon fans. When things go south you automatically discredit everything. BUT as soon as it turns around your the first to say i always "bill-ieved" in this team. I cannot root for this team to lose, NOR WILL I. What they get the 6th pick instead of the 8th big deal. what good has a top ten pick done us in the past IDK 10+ years :ph34r:

Besides i prefer pick 32, but thats just my preference.

People who want this team to lose are bad fans, or i like to say bandwagon fans.

You may agree or disagree with people wanting "their" team to lose. But it has nothing to do with being on the "bandwagon". What they want, right or wrong, is to lose so much as to get a better draft pick to make the team better (in theory anyway) in the future.

A bandwagon fan will not follow the team at all when they suck. But when they have a great year they are the ones you see in the (brand new) team jersey proclaiming the teams greatness.

You may agree or disagree with people wanting "their" team to lose. But it has nothing to do with being on the "bandwagon". What they want, right or wrong, is to lose so much as to get a better draft pick to make the team better (in theory anyway) in the future.

I understand your point but we will agree to disagree.

I understand your point but we will agree to disagree.

Trust me, intently watching your favorite team which happens to be terrible playing a late-season, meaningless game against another terrible team and actually rooting for your favorite team to lose because it might increase the probability of their improvement in the medium-term future is the polar opposite of being a bandwagon fan.

BLOW OUT THE CHIEFS, AGAIN PLEASE, WHERE DOES EVERYONE ELSE STAND?

Where do I stand? I'll be right in front of my seat or in the aisle for most of the game.

I too want to see hope for next year. A loss to the Chiefs, even if it gives us a higher draft position, won't provide me any more hope.

I hope the Bills play great, especially the offense and coaching. But at the same time, I won't be too disappointed if the Chiefs play even better and beat them.

ok ok i get it some fans want a win. some want a loss.

matt in kc just please dont jump out of your seat and do back flips if kc scores.

j/k

I think the use of polls on this board is severely underutilized.

Opinions are great but can be added onto the poll, whether you vote in the poll or not.

Personally I'm a bit conflicted as to the best way to play out the season.

It would be great to have the team play as hard as possible. Even in this train wreck of a season, you get to see how individual players respond to the adversity and pointlessness of the remaining games. This effort/attitude or lack of will be reflected in the game tape. The new regime will have these tapes to evaluate the players and decide who to go forward with.

Also an organization should always, regardless the circumstances, strive for success and victory. It is incrementally important to the organizational culture.

I'd like to comment a little on the portion of your post which I've bolded. A lot of people, as you pointed out, frame this argument as a good GM versus good draft position, with the former postulated as being more important than the latter. I look at the situation differently: a skilled front office and good draft position go hand-in-hand.

To illustrate this point, imagine the following player lists. Bill Polian creates a ranked list of what he believes to be the top 100 or 300 players in an upcoming draft. Matt Millen does the same thing. Then, ten years later, the players in that draft are evaluated based on what they'd actually achieved. Clearly, Polian's list will have more in common with the 20/20 hindsight list than will Matt Millen's list.

Before a draft gets underway, the closest thing you'll have to a "true" view of how players will turn out is the view of a good GM like Polian. Let's say Polian's first pick in the draft is 30th overall. The first ten guys to be picked have the following Polian ratings:

1. 100 (on a scale of 1 - 100)

2. 10 (anything below 20 indicates a flat-out bust)

3. 85

4. 70

5. 4

6. 90

7. 65

8. 50

9. 7

10. 70

By the time the 30th overall pick rolls around, the players with the highest Polian ratings have been taken off the board. That forces Polian to take a guy with a significantly lower Polian rating than would have been the case had he picked earlier in the draft. Polian brings an immense amount of insight with him into the draft room, but the value of that insight is maximized when you give him the best possible tools (i.e., earliest possible draft picks) with which to work.

You should care. Right now, the Bills are seventh, and it sounds like Locker is staying at UW. Which QB are they going to take at that slot?

http://www.gbnreport.com/2010projection.html

I hope they do'nt take a QB with their first pick, because I think this year's QB class is overrated. The only QB I would take in the first round Jimmy Clausen, after that I think the rest of the class should fall to the 2nd round.

The Bills should take the best OT, DL or LB available with their first pick.