I wonder if our QB woes will get resolved this offseason.

DarthICE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Tebow, he reminds me of Jim Kelly a little, same strong frame and build, big arm, gutsy as hell, there's allot to like about the young fella in my opinion and we have to be looking at this closely, this could be our QB of the future.

Its also possible Losman or Bollinger may be a good choice for a football team looking for a starting QB. They are both ready to step in and take over the starting role after a preseason of preparation.

big arm??? you kidder you

I think I'll wait to hear what Mike Mayock has to say about this crop of QB's entering the draft this year.

Hopefully, the Bills will make some changes and get an offensive coordinator / head coach who knows how to build a proper offense, AFTER they hire a GM / president who knows how to evaluate talent properly

I am not happy with Tebow, Clausen or McCoy. If Bradford is still around in the 2nd then I take a flyer on him. Other than that, I dont' see anyone that will come in and be that savior we need.

I think this draft we need to take a stud LT or DE or DT and start rebuilding these ****ty lines we have. If a guy like Bradford or Pike is there in the 2nd, take them but lets not put all our eggs in one basket as for as they are concerned.

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. :w00t:

Ice I am surprised by and rather impressed with your train of thought. This is the time to build the lines, and I'm glad that you agree. <_< We need a big, nasty lb as well.

Ice I am surprised by and rather impressed with your train of thought. This is the time to build the lines, and I'm glad that you agree. <_< We need a big, nasty lb as well.

What the Bills need most of all are more rookie and 2nd year players on the line to protect a mediocre QB

Lets face it, the Bills need both, adding more inexperience to the only won't help next season, a better QB might help. It doesn't really matter which they take in the draft first cause both are needs, except that with the original starting line up back on the line fully healthy, they will be much better then they have been lately

I am not happy with Tebow, Clausen or McCoy. If Bradford is still around in the 2nd then I take a flyer on him. Other than that, I dont' see anyone that will come in and be that savior we need.

I think this draft we need to take a stud LT or DE or DT and start rebuilding these ****ty lines we have. If a guy like Bradford or Pike is there in the 2nd, take them but lets not put all our eggs in one basket as for as they are concerned.

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. <_<

Savior is kind of a strong word, but I like McCoy. With a half decent line and some time to develop, I think he can really add something to this team. Maybe not win games on his own, but he seems to be well rounded and have the ability to play 60 minutes of football.

Bradford is too delicate and Tebow is too unpredictable. For what's out there, I think McCoy is a decent fit. Plus he has a cool name, hard to be too down on a guy named Colt.

Savior is kind of a strong word, but I like McCoy. With a half decent line and some time to develop, I think he can really add something to this team. Maybe not win games on his own, but he seems to be well rounded and have the ability to play 60 minutes of football.

Bradford is too delicate and Tebow is too unpredictable. For what's out there, I think McCoy is a decent fit. Plus he has a cool name, hard to be too down on a guy named Colt.

A player who does not elevate the Bills from the 6 wins they likely at most will achieve this year to a .500 record or better next year is actually not gonna be a good fit for this team.

The supporting cast is too weak that even if the 1st round drafted QB is the next Peyton Manning he likely does exactly what the rookie Manning did for Indy, Started 16 games and led the team to the same sorry record which put them in position to draft Edgerrin James.

Perhaps if this team had great vets on the D and in the backfield like Pitts they could afford to take a RoboQB type like they did to lead them to the SB in his rookie year. Perhaps if we had a Ray Lewis we could go for the next Flacco. However, the supporting cast on this team is not strong enough for us to look for a franchise QB in the draft next year.

What about Sean Cannefield out of Oregon State? I've seen him play a few timea and he's looked good. He plays in the PAC 10 so he's been playing against good teams. 23 TDs and 7 Ints in 2009. Not sure where he's slated. He'll be playing in the MAACO Las Vegas on 12/22 against BYU.

I think I'll wait to hear what Mike Mayock has to say about this crop of QB's entering the draft this year.

Hopefully, the Bills will make some changes and get an offensive coordinator / head coach who knows how to build a proper offense, AFTER they hire a GM / president who knows how to evaluate talent properly

I agree with you, I really think Mayock is the best media person at evaluating players. I recently heard John Clayton say the 2009 NFL is a QB driven league. He said 14 of the 16 teams with winning records have an elite QB. I know the Bills have a number of needs, but I would place QB at #1. I'm not saying they should draft one necessarily, but hopefully the new GM finds a decent QB in the draft or free agency.

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. :ph34r:

Bradford is the last one of those 4 that I take a chance on, his shoulder is most likely going to hamper him for awhile, if not for good. I would go Claussen, Tebow, McCoy then Bradford. Either way this organization needs to find a franchise signal caller, sooner than later. Things will never change until they do.

Bradford is the last one of those 4 that I take a chance on, his shoulder is most likely going to hamper him for awhile, if not for good. I would go Claussen, Tebow, McCoy then Bradford. Either way this organization needs to find a franchise signal caller, sooner than later. Things will never change until they do.

The shoulder will be fine. Stafford has the same thing and so do a couple other guys. Bradfords issue was being a moron and not getting it fixed immediately. Being his non throwing shoulder he will be fine.

Ice I am surprised by and rather impressed with your train of thought. This is the time to build the lines, and I'm glad that you agree. :thumbsup: We need a big, nasty lb as well.

Why thank you Bill :thumbsup:

Bill Polian always said 'you build a good football team with the 3 cornerstones, a QB, a Pass rushing RDE and a great pass blocking LT'.

Well...we have none of the above. So....I start with the lines. Bring in someone to compete with Brohm or take a flyer on a guy in the 2nd and lets build up the lines. Then next year if a QB is sitting there we want, trade up and get him.

Look I am the first guy to say, we will NEVER be a championship calibre team without a top notch QB, but until we have the lines in place, a QB is moot point. We CAN make the playoffs without a top notch guy, it has been done before, but those teams had GREAT Defenses and damn good running games...again which we are lacking. (Note...Edwards is not the answer even with the Cowboys lines of the 90's. We need a guy with some balls that is willing to sling the damn football even if he isn't top notch.)

So the reality is thus, we need a LOT of pieces to make this turn around. ONE QB at this time, isn't the answer. Fix the lines the rest will fall into place. To steal a movie line....'Build the lines....and the QB will come...'

Why thank you Bill :thumbsup:

Bill Polian always said 'you build a good football team with the 3 cornerstones, a QB, a Pass rushing RDE and a great pass blocking LT'.

Well...we have none of the above. So....I start with the lines. Bring in someone to compete with Brohm or take a flyer on a guy in the 2nd and lets build up the lines. Then next year if a QB is sitting there we want, trade up and get him.

Look I am the first guy to say, we will NEVER be a championship calibre team without a top notch QB, but until we have the lines in place, a QB is moot point. We CAN make the playoffs without a top notch guy, it has been done before, but those teams had GREAT Defenses and damn good running games...again which we are lacking. (Note...Edwards is not the answer even with the Cowboys lines of the 90's. We need a guy with some balls that is willing to sling the damn football even if he isn't top notch.)

So the reality is thus, we need a LOT of pieces to make this turn around. ONE QB at this time, isn't the answer. Fix the lines the rest will fall into place. To steal a movie line....'Build the lines....and the QB will come...'

Agreed. To me, the mindset of this team is is more insane than I can comprehend. No blocking, a weak front 7, and a bunch of midgets making huge dollars. I don't think that some posters realize just how much damage Levy and Jauron did to this franchise. Any qb would get killed on this team, and this utter insanity and stupidity has to end.

A good first step would be to dump Fewell and bring in a coach and a GM who understand NFL football.

This post is a rather Zen question because Bills fans are incapable of being satisfied with any quarterback on their team. Draft...argue...criticize...bust. It's the circle of life.

PTR

I can't imagine why anyone complains when you have such stellar QB play for the last decade plus.

And for the record, I reserve the right to complain when the franchise hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years, won a post-season game since 1995, and oh by the way, has an owner who can't tell us what's going to happen to the team.

I guess being successful is overrated. Mediocrity is good enough to some.

Agreed. To me, the mindset of this team is is more insane than I can comprehend. No blocking, a weak front 7, and a bunch of midgets making huge dollars. I don't think that some posters realize just how much damage Levy and Jauron did to this franchise. Any qb would get killed on this team, and this utter insanity and stupidity has to end.

A good first step would be to dump Fewell and bring in a coach and a GM who understand NFL football.

BINGO! We need someone like a Ron Wolf that can draft really, really well and let him run this thing. We need to cut several of the players we have. Fans have become so accustomed to seeing **** on the field, they think we have world beaters on this team. Most of these clowns wouldn't be anything more than backups anywhere else.

We need someone to bring in his own scouts, a guy that can REALLY Evaluate talent. As for a HC, lets bring in a guy that understands what it takes to win in this league. I figure a guy like Leslie Frazier would know after his time with the vikings, you need HUGE DT's (not small/quick ones), a great pass rusher to start to build a defense around. He also knows the value of a great line. He has also now seen the FINAL piece is to get that QB in place.

Just off the top of my head, my picks right now are Ron Wolf GM and Frazier HC.

Just off the top of my head, my picks right now are Ron Wolf GM and Frazier HC.

Very interesting selections.

Me? I can't help it. Maybe I'm old school but I would love to also see Marty and his kid. It is admittedly a bizarre scenario, but Marty comes with a program that works. Players buy into it. And yes, I am well aware of his poor playoff record, but a playoff game would be nice, no?

Even better for the Bills would be if contractual and media reality were to allow a 3 way competition between Fitzy ( a credible #2 in my book to play the Frank Reich role but not good enough to be a consistent winner as a starter in the NFL), Edwards (under contract so we got him if we want him but likely too injury prone to count on as your #1, and the third would be some cutrate talent who may have some potential to play the game (I shudder to say that if we got Dungy as our HC, then Michael Vick fits the description of a talented athlete who could be had cheaply who is not good enough even on his best year to get you too the SB, but might be good enough to get you to the playoffs.

Perhaps Campbell, Plummer or even Brad Johnson might be the failed QB with interesting potential one could get to have a 3 way competition (though unfortunately I doubt the local media is adult enough to deal with this prospect.

At any rate it will be a tough offseason at QB, particularly if we spend our top 10 choice on some alleged QB savior who on this team would likely only produce a winner in 2011 or more likely 2012 at the earliest.

FA and a 2 or three way competition at QB is our best bet.

Am I reading this wrong? You think Campbell, Plummer, Johnson,and Vick are quarterbacks that may be good for the Bills?

It's long, I read the second half, so is that sarcasm or something there, instead?

Typical Bills luck huh? Maybe a top 5-7 pick and no real QB worth a damn to pick. :thumbsup:

Oh! When I first read your post title, I thought our QBs were depressed. Then again, maybe they are. Crap, the whole team probably is down. Now that I think about it, I don't feel very good either. We may be surprised to find out who feels good right now. What if Jauron is saying to himself, "I'm glad that's over?" What if he's smiling right now? I never actually saw him smile. Did anyone? Is he creepy looking when he smiles? Does he have all of his teeth? But I digress.