Mr. Suh

McBeane

Guys, Believe it or not Gerald McCoy from OU is as good. In fact until the mid point of this season it was McCoy not Suh that was #1 on all boards and a top 3 pick. Most experts still say McCoy is a top 5 overall pick. So depending on where we draft, we can still possibly get a stud DT.

Good point. I would love it if McCoy fell to us.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suh is great but we already have a DT who plays 3-technique, Marcus Stroud, and he's one of the best players on the defense. You can't line Stroud up next to Suh, because they're the same guy, neither one can play #1 or NT. They're both excellent 3-technique guys.

Stroud is probably a top 5 in football 3-technique. He is not the guy on our team who you want to be upgrading.

I understand we won't end the season with a bad enough record to just take him. We would have to trade up somehow to get Suh but he is such a dominant player that it's almost stupid to not at least TRY to get him. I know this is extremely unlikely given our track record, but it should be looked at very seriously. I mean we do have Lynch and some other decent trade bait.

We have way way way too many weaknesses to be trading away picks. That would be crazy.

I think he'd be a perfect 3-4 DE and he has been absolutely dominant tonight. He'll be gone well before we pick though, and I don't think we're implementing the 3-4 over night.

You might be right, he might be a good 3 - 4 DE, but in the 3 - 4, he isn't athletic enough to play RDE, the Bruce Smith position. He would be LDE, the Phil Hansen guy, and that is not a big impact position. You don't want to draft a 3 - 4 LDE in the top ten. That guy is mostly a run stopper.

Except about 40 pounds lighter. Ngata is a 1-technique, Suh is a 3-technique. They would be awesome lined up next to each other, but they aren't particularly like each other except that they're both terrific.

I heard somebody- not one the talking-head types - on tv or radio, commenting that Suh isn't suited for NT duty.

Guys, Believe it or not Gerald McCoy from OU is as good. In fact until the mid point of this season it was McCoy not Suh that was #1 on all boards and a top 3 pick. Most experts still say McCoy is a top 5 overall pick. So depending on where we draft, we can still possibly get a stud DT.

Homer. McCoy < Suh, by a long shot.

I know that everybody wants to trade Lynch and Whitner...I don't. I think trading either would be a big mistake. That's my opinion, I don't care to argue, I am just putting it out there.

What about Schobel? Kelsay? Do these two have enough trade value to possibly move up for Suh? I should clarify, do they have enough value to trade up for Suh, without giving away our top picks for the next few years?

I think Stroud has gotten off easy this year. I don't see anybody calling him out for his play. I am not saying he is to blame, but he isn't playing lights out. Before somebody get all offended, due to a man-crush on Stroud. I really like the guy, and I am wondering if he is hurt or if he is slowing with age... I know he missed a few games (knee?) and maybe he is playing injured.

If a player like Suh comes along, and he is, in fact, a Bruce Smith type player...I don't think we have a choice. Why not trade Stroud? I like Stroud, and he allows us to say Talkin' Stroud, but what if we could scream SUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!!! every time he ripped an opposing QB to the ground?

I know that everybody wants to trade Lynch and Whitner...I don't. I think trading either would be a big mistake. That's my opinion, I don't care to argue, I am just putting it out there.

Well, probably not everybody. But I agree - why add more question marks to the roster? Criticisms about both are fair, but neither fall into any kind of "bum" category IMO.

Suh can bench press 470 lbs.......thats more than any lineman in our league weighs.....excepting our old Mike Williams who reported to the redskins weighing over 400 this year.

Suh is the best player in college...period.......he deserves to win the Heisman.

Of course everything stated about draft needs is assuming that the owner and Russ Brandon are going to install a competent GM who knows how to assess talent. Unless this dysfunctional organization is reconstituted there will be no hope to alter the direction of this stumbling franchise.

So, you don't trust the guys that gave Haloti Ngata and John McCargo the same draft grade? :lol: