Moulds has 'thinking to do'

ICE

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason moulds gets double covered so much is because of the 3.9 seconds Bledsoe has back there, 3.89 of them are spent STARING at Moulds (basically, defenses know that 9 times out of 10 DB is throwing to EM). It would suck to lose him, but if we had kept Shaw, made Evans our #1 guy next year, and picked up a guy in the offseason, the idea of losing him wouldnt be so bad....

Let me add to that, if you think our passing game is bad now, stevestojan, I can't even imagine it without Moulds.  He is consistently double covered and is the best player on the team.  It wouldn't matter if we had Unitas, Kelly or Elway himself back there at QB, without Moulds, our passing game is toast.  Then so is our running game because we'll see 9 man fronts.

123786[/snapback]

Well...I am a HUGE #80 Fan, and I could not agree more...

Plus JP will need a Vet WR like EM in a BIG way... B)

Let me add to that, if you think our passing game is bad now, stevestojan, I can't even imagine it without Moulds.  He is consistently double covered and is the best player on the team.  It wouldn't matter if we had Unitas, Kelly or Elway himself back there at QB, without Moulds, our passing game is toast.  Then so is our running game because we'll see 9 man fronts.

123786[/snapback]

I disagree 100%. 9 man fronts? Bring it. Use Evans on a quick slant for once and see how fast they blitz after he takes it 60+ for a TD.

The reason moulds gets double covered so much is because of the 3.9 seconds Bledsoe has back there, 3.89 of them are spent STARING at Moulds. It would suck to lose him, but if we had kept Shaw, made Evans our #1 guy next year, and picked up a guy in the offseason, the idea of losing him wouldnt be so bad....

Bobby Shaw, Evans, a retread....no way man, no comparison to a true # 1 WR, which Moulds is. EM scares the crap out of D-Coordinators b/c of his size strength and speed in a way Lee Evans will never do, because he's 5'11". No knock on Evans, he can be very good, but never a true #1 WR. A #1 WR takes all kinds of pressure off of an O, much like a true shutdown corner does to a D. The #1 has to be double covered, leaving one-on-one or soft zones against the other WRs. The D can't stack the LOS as much to stop the running game. Sorry, this O without EM will regress to even worse levels than it is now, no matter who the QB is.

Well...I am a HUGE #80 Fan, and I could not agree more...

Plus JP will need a Vet WR like EM in a BIG way...  B)

123805[/snapback]

There will be other vets in FA. Ones that don't have an 8 million dollar cap number for next year.

Guest Guest_Coach_Tuesday

Oh God, please tell me this is all one long nightmare, and that as soon as Bledsoe is benched our offensive line will suddenly look good, our receivers will suddenly be open, our team will suddenly play with some heart and fire, and we'll suddenly climb into respectability.

Sounds crazy, but It Happened In New England.

I dont think we are going to agree on this one Ice....but I respect your opinion....

I am a firm beleiver that you dont screw over one of your "impact players" when he has shown loyalty toward the team.......

- Eric Moulds could very easily have taken more cash to play somewhere else.....he resigned with us at a very fair price instead of taking the ridiculous dollars (like Winfield did)

- I really dont think it is fault that he isn't having a pro bowl year......the offense is just not playing well.....and right now Moulds is probably our best player on offense.....

- He CARES about this team....he has shown in many different ways on many different occasions.....his contract is one way.....another way is watching him chase down a defender who intercepted a ball after watching Magehee give up on the play......

If ANYONE on this team deserves a extension....it is Eric Moulds

I dont think we are going to agree on this one Ice....but I respect your opinion....

I am a firm beleiver that you dont screw over one of your "impact players" when he has shown loyalty toward the team.......

- Eric Moulds could very easily have taken more cash to play somewhere else.....he resigned with us at a very fair price instead of taking the ridiculous dollars (like Winfield did)

- I really dont think it is fault that he isn't having a pro bowl year......the offense is just not playing well.....and right now Moulds is probably our best player on offense.....

- He CARES about this team....he has shown in many different ways on many different occasions.....his contract is one way.....another way is watching him chase down a defender who intercepted a ball after watching Magehee give up on the play......

If ANYONE on this team deserves a extension....it is Eric Moulds

123837[/snapback]

Read the article, he really doesn't seem to want to be here anymore. I can't blame him.

Moulds can't go anywhere. He has two years left on his contract. If he doesn't want to be here, then he can sit out for two years and will be 33 when he is a free agent. He should know better and just keep his mouth shut. The only player leaving is Drew Bledsoe. He is finished in Buffalo.

This is what I've been saying for Months now...We will not hear the real story until Bledsoe is gone, but there is absolutely no way in hell those Players in that Locker are not seeing exactly what the majority of Bills Fans are seeing...To their credit, they have been excellent in their reponses up to this point...But the foundation is cracking, and if MM does not make a move at the QB position soon, it's going to get ugly... :rolleyes:

123773[/snapback]

KOKBILLS, I do remember you saying that and that I agreed. In all honesty players talk about players and I have to believe that our guys on offense have tired of Drew and would welcome a new start with JP. If I'm Moulds I'd be upset too.

I dont think he wants off the team....I think he wants somebody to step up and FIX IT

123844[/snapback]

Fix WHAT? He knows Bledsoe is done. Everyone does. He also knows it will take time ON THE FIELD (for FFS) for JP to develop. Look moulds has maybe 3-4 good years left. he knows that and I doubt wants to spend it here rebuilding AGAIN.

I can't blame him.

I dont think he wants off the team....I think he wants somebody to step up and FIX IT

123844[/snapback]

I hope your right, but I guess I' be as upset too if I had 2 years worth of being one of the worst NFL offenses in the league. This might be a reaction to Malarky's statement saying Bledsoe will be the QB until the Bills are mathmatically eliminated. That would tick me off too because he, as has everyone, has had his fill of Bledsoe's decline.

http://wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0587 

Very interesting. But hey I am sure it is just him being frustrated....for 4 years straight.... :rolleyes:

Well I said it, and others have been saying it lately...Trade him.  I said I would do it this offseason and got Blasted. Maybe we wern't too far off. Moulds would bring a HIGH first rounder. And I don't want to hear stevestojan about this or that. He still to most teams is a probowl WR. they WILL pay for that.

In all seriousness, When a veteran player is coming out making these types of comments Esp when he has been one of the more positive players in the public eye...stevestojan is bad in the locker room folks.  Moulds knows not to come out and make a statement like that. So for him to do so....He must really be tired of the BS.  I would think he just about has his mind made up he wants out.

He knows this team isn't going to a superbowl anytime soon. Starting a Rookie QB here soon as well pretty much tells him he has nothing but money to play for.  Hell why wouldn't he seek a trade to a contender?

123736[/snapback]

A superstar is speaking his mind. Don't forget the first year he had the ball thrown to him by Rob Johnson. In 2002 he had help from Peerless and had a great season. 2003 was solid and this year has been slow. The bottom line is this. If a player of this caliber is saying these things, then obviously something has to be done on Offense side of the ball.

If Donahoe is smart he will sit down and talk with Eric....

He will explain to him that he is going to spend dollars this offseason to fix this offense (like he did when he spent dollars to fix the defense)

we need 2 more quality linemen.....a veteran TE that can both block and catch......and experience for Losman....

In all honesty...I think once JPL gets on the field this Moulds talk is going to all go away....Moulds loved Doug Flutie and JPL is the johnson/flutie......taking the good qualities of both and creating a cyborg player......