OFFICIAL BILLS VS. JETS @ TORONTO THREAD.

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

a LB or THREE and a DE or TWO as well......dont understate what we need.lol

I've been accused of being too negative. I didn't want to come off that way tonight. :devil:

This is what happens when amateurs and people who should be fired still run personnel. The 08 draft is looking really bad right now, and both 06 and 07 have offered little.

We got mauled in the trenches on both sides of the ball - that's the story. No time for a medicore QB to throw, no holes for the running game, and then on the other side unable to stop the run and giving up tons of 10+ yard plays. Terrible, just terrible.

I want ALL draft picks to be offensive linemen and defensive front 7 (and a QB) this offseason.

I want ALL draft picks to be offensive linemen and defensive front 7 (and a QB) this offseason.

Ever notice the Bills have a whole bunch of needs every year? That's an indictment of the supposed rebuilding that took place from 06-08 and in reality their drafts were mediocre.

If this game is at the Ralph, I truly believe we win it....I hate Ralph Wilson....

Excellent post. We are 0-2 in our home games away from home. This is the stupidest thing RW has ever done, including giving DJ a 3 year extension last season.

I thought the game was being held in a morgue. How embarrassing it must to have to play in front of such a pathetic crowd. Nice decision Ralph, hope the money is worth it.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think DJ was coaching this game? What happened to the aggressive approach we saw the last 2 weeks. Are we sure Perry isn't on the headset to DJ and his firing was just a big smokescreen?

Was it just me, or did anyone else think DJ was coaching this game? What happened to the aggressive approach we saw the last 2 weeks. Are we sure Perry isn't on the headset to DJ and his firing was just a big smokescreen?
If the O-line can't block anyone it's hard to be aggressive and no smokescreen Jaron was the worst head coach in bills history..

We got mauled in the trenches on both sides of the ball - that's the story. No time for a medicore QB to throw, no holes for the running game, and then on the other side unable to stop the run and giving up tons of 10+ yard plays. Terrible, just terrible.

Right on.....sigh.

Blame the doughboy for this one. Learned at the Bills Booster meeting at RWS this past Tuesday that as offensive co-ordinator he has carte blanche in calling the plays. Perry Fewell stays out of Van Pelt's gameplanning. Of course Van Pelt has all those years as OC :sick: and Wilson had to open his pocketbook to keep such a brilliant offensive mind as Van Pelt :)

One other thing, from what I hear; no one should hold their breath that RW will actually spend big bucks on a head coach. All PR BS to sucker Suite and Club Seat holders into renewing their licenses a week after the season ends when they are due IMHO. Just another year when we are promised * Prime Rib and end up with wieners.

* reference the News article on Wilson on his not being cheap when it comes to spending to hire a known HC :devil:

Blame the doughboy for this one. Learned at the Bills Booster meeting at RWS this past Tuesday that as offensive co-ordinator he has carte blanche in calling the plays. Perry Fewell stays out of Van Pelt's gameplanning. Of course Van Pelt has all those years as OC :sick: and Wilson had to open his pocketbook to keep such a brilliant offensive mind as Van Pelt :)

One other thing, from what I hear; no one should hold their breath that RW will actually spend big bucks on a head coach. All PR BS to sucker Suite and Club Seat holders into renewing their licenses a week after the season ends when they are due IMHO. Just another year when we are promised * Prime Rib and end up with wieners.

* reference the News article on Wilson on his not being cheap when it comes to spending to hire a known HC :devil:

How do you know if AVPs plays weren't any good? The Jets were in our backfield in less than two seconds.

PTR

Excellent post. We are 0-2 in our home games away from home. This is the stupidest thing RW has ever done, including giving DJ a 3 year extension last season.

I thought the game was being held in a morgue. How embarrassing it must to have to play in front of such a pathetic crowd. Nice decision Ralph, hope the money is worth it.

Let's just call it what it is...a neutral site game. 7 home games, 8 away games, 1 neutral site game.

and a big ****load of money for Jug Ears.

:sick:

So playing at home suddenly will make our run defense go from absolute sh** to passable? That's some magic water in the RWS pipes!

How do you know if AVPs plays weren't any good? The Jets were in our backfield in less than two seconds.

PTR

Where were the quick passes to the TE. No two back sets, one to block, one to chip block and get in the flat for the pass. The screen passes were terribly set up..is this all on the players? There are ways to be successful and burn defenses when they bust the bank blitzing. Are there plays in the playbook with Evans going across the middle? We saw a short hook with TO were he almost got busted in two. How about a quick slant to Owens like Kelly used to hit Reed over the middle. I haven't seen that pass route in years...why? The Jets were stacking the line with 8-9 players and still Van Pelt called running plays up the middle. Why? Granted the offensive line is made up of a bunch of pretenders who couldn't make Joe's beer league but even so it's up to the OC to come up with plays to get the ball out of the quarterbacks hands with quick passes when the defense stacks the line, inviting you to throw. Why wasn't Josh Reed in the slot thrown to more? The OC draws up the plays. He is the one that has to put the players he has in the best possible position to make plays.

Where were the quick passes to the TE. No two back sets, one to block, one to chip block and get in the flat for the pass. The screen passes were terribly set up..is this all on the players? There are ways to be successful and burn defenses when they bust the bank blitzing. Are there plays in the playbook with Evans going across the middle? We saw a short hook with TO were he almost got busted in two. How about a quick slant to Owens like Kelly used to hit Reed over the middle. I haven't seen that pass route in years...why? The Jets were stacking the line with 8-9 players and still Van Pelt called running plays up the middle. Why? Granted the offensive line is made up of a bunch of pretenders who couldn't make Joe's beer league but even so it's up to the OC to come up with plays to get the ball out of the quarterbacks hands with quick passes when the defense stacks the line, inviting you to throw. Why wasn't Josh Reed in the slot thrown to more? The OC draws up the plays. He is the one that has to put the players he has in the best possible position to make plays.

How quick can you throw a pass when you are running for your life within 1.6 seconds?

The screen passes were terrible because the Jets were all over Fred Jackson before Fitz could throw.

Yes you can beat the blitz...if your WRs can shake the world-class CB's covering them.

A slant? Again, how long does Fitz have to wait? Plus the Jet safeties are waiting.

No, AVP had Freddy run some cross cuts, where he runs one way, draws the D, then cuts the other. Trouble is the Jets figured that out after the first time and crushed him when our O-line couldn't stop them.

Wow. You really think you can just gameplan around having schitt for blockers? If you can do it, sign up for an OC job somewhere. You're wasting your life here.

PTR