Trestman Wants To Stay In Canada

We really didn't want his ass anyway. And like it has been said a million times, Buffalo is NOT an attractive job. It is going to take a ton of revamping and work to make them even respectable again.

I didn't know you were royalty. :lol::lol:

We really didn't want his ass anyway. And like it has been said a million times, Buffalo is NOT an attractive job. It is going to take a ton of revamping and work to make them even respectable again.

Buffalo is one of only 32 jobs available in the entire Country, that makes it very attractive.

Buffalo is one of only 32 jobs available in the entire Country, that makes it very attractive.
I'd say one of 32 jobs in the world.

In all reality, why would he want to come to Buffalo?

To come to a small market city where it is difficult to compete with the wealthier franchises in terms of hiring solid assistant coaches? An example is the Cowboys who are paying their OC more then the Bills are paying their head coach.

To come to a team that lacks players in so many areas, QB-OL-DL-LB and is currently running two out dated schemes, The Martz passing offense and the Tampa 2 defense. Any NEW coach will want to revamp the defense and offense, which could take 3-5 years to bring the team up to a level to compete with the Patriots.

These are reasons as to why the Bills should honestly think about giving the HC job to Fewell if he continues to win or even keep the games close. Considering the injuries on this team and the lack of experience he has on offense in play calling and O line, it is amazing he even won a game.

Guest dog14787

To come to a small market city where it is difficult to compete with the wealthier franchises in terms of hiring solid assistant coaches? An example is the Cowboys who are paying their OC more then the Bills are paying their head coach.

To come to a team that lacks players in so many areas, QB-OL-DL-LB and is currently running two out dated schemes, The Martz passing offense and the Tampa 2 defense. Any NEW coach will want to revamp the defense and offense, which could take 3-5 years to bring the team up to a level to compete with the Patriots.

These are reasons as to why the Bills should honestly think about giving the HC job to Fewell if he continues to win or even keep the games close. Considering the injuries on this team and the lack of experience he has on offense in play calling and O line, it is amazing he even won a game.

I hear you rabbit, something special about this Fewell fella, and we really need to take a good look at him.

Wow. Maybe I am taking this the wrong way but when I hear that a CFL head coach would rather stay in the CFL then remain a candidate for the Bills HC I start to wonder.....

What would he possibly have to gain by saying otherwise?

Nothing.

If he was interested in the Bills job, he could simply have his agent make discreet inquiries.

His team just won a championship. They are in celebration mode. Why piss on the parade? Why alienate the fans? Why alienate himself from Montreal's management?

Trestman would have everything to lose and nothing to gain by saying he was interested in another job. C'mon Figo. If the Bills approached him, that would be different. But unless they do, why in hell would he express an interest?

Wow. Maybe I am taking this the wrong way but when I hear that a CFL head coach would rather stay in the CFL then remain a candidate for the Bills HC I start to wonder.....

It seems like in more and more of these posts, guys are immediately throwing anyone rumored not to want to work here "under the bus." And there also seems to be more sniping at the posters.

Just a suggestion, but I think we should respond to threads with a little more understanding.

For example, if someone decides not to be a candidate to work in Buffalo, that does not make them public enemy #1. They may like Buffalo, have friends and/or relatives here, etc., but just do not think it is their best move right now.

And just because someone is not the best speller or keyboardist, doesn't mean he deserves to be ridiculed about it.

Yes, we are frustrated by many recent events, but we are classy people in a blue collar area who respect others. Just making a plea for civility.

It's "difficult to compete" for coaches---because of lack of wealth??? Ralph has plenty of money to pay staff--he simplhy choses not to spend the money. Nothing but greed and indifference is keeping Ralph form spending some of the $40+million he cleared last season on competent coaching.

He's got a lot of fans suckered into this tired excuse. As proof, witness the scores of posters who are now happy to hand Perry Fewell the HC job after one win. Ralph's already counting the money he's gonna save with this one!

The Bills are running "the Martz passing offense"????? Who, Fred Martz? Fred Mertz???

wow.

Awesome, cross one possible cheap cop-out of a coach off the list. I don't know who he is, but am glad that I won't have to watch him be introduced in a press conference. Oh happy day. :lol:

It's "difficult to compete" for coaches---because of lack of wealth??? Ralph has plenty of money to pay staff--he simplhy choses not to spend the money. Nothing but greed and indifference is keeping Ralph form spending some of the $40+million he cleared last season on competent coaching.

He's got a lot of fans suckered into this tired excuse. As proof, witness the scores of posters who are now happy to hand Perry Fewell the HC job after one win. Ralph's already counting the money he's gonna save with this one!

Ralph has ALL the fans suckered, and has for 30 years. He keeps ticket prices the lowest in the league, parking is cheap, he allows tailgating like its Cancun at spring break, and simply puts a team on the field. WNYers are suckers for this scheme and Ralph has made tens of millions on them. Ralph has a very very successful business model. He wants the team to do well, but it is not priority one. Remember, the Bills are all he has, for the most part. He needs the numbers to work. And boy do they work in WNY, as long as the team wins 6+ games, the stadium will be filled.

Can't say I blame him...he's making a pretty decent chunk of change in Montreal, and only has to compete with 7 other teams. Sounds like a pretty good set-up to me.

What would he possibly have to gain by saying otherwise?

Nothing.

If he was interested in the Bills job, he could simply have his agent make discreet inquiries.

His team just won a championship. They are in celebration mode. Why piss on the parade? Why alienate the fans? Why alienate himself from Montreal's management?

Trestman would have everything to lose and nothing to gain by saying he was interested in another job. C'mon Figo. If the Bills approached him, that would be different. But unless they do, why in hell would he express an interest?

Bingo.

Ralph has ALL the fans suckered, and has for 30 years. He keeps ticket prices the lowest in the league, parking is cheap, he allows tailgating like its Cancun at spring break, and simply puts a team on the field. WNYers are suckers for this scheme and Ralph has made tens of millions on them. Ralph has a very very successful business model. He wants the team to do well, but it is not priority one. Remember, the Bills are all he has, for the most part. He needs the numbers to work. And boy do they work in WNY, as long as the team wins 6+ games, the stadium will be filled.

Man, you're a miserable dude.

If all you're going to do is talk crap about the team, why bother to post at all?

Any coach mentioned for a HC job is wise to say publicly that he is not interested,

especially this early in the NFL coaching carousel. What the press tells us vs. what

is really going on are two different things.

First of all he losses bargaining power, and possibly a look from another team if

he publicly states he wants a particular job.