Trestman Wants To Stay In Canada

Listen, I don't know dick about who's gonna coach the Bills and neither does anyone else. But...this is the only Trestman comment I've seen.

Does him saying:

I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I'm expecting to come back

mean anything at all?

This will be spun every which way possible. Shanahan. Trestman. Martz. Haslett. Fewell. Weis.

When it's all said and done we'll probably sit back and say "damn, I never saw that coming."

&...if anyone is still thinking that someone (Shanahan) should be hired right now...Rooney Rule (which also applies to GM).

What would he possibly have to gain by saying otherwise?

Nothing.

If he was interested in the Bills job, he could simply have his agent make discreet inquiries.

His team just won a championship. They are in celebration mode. Why piss on the parade? Why alienate the fans? Why alienate himself from Montreal's management?

Trestman would have everything to lose and nothing to gain by saying he was interested in another job. C'mon Figo. If the Bills approached him, that would be different. But unless they do, why in hell would he express an interest?

In his second season as the HC, and after taking them to the championship in his first season.

But you can't even consider the guy, c'mon, he coached in the CFL, thats not football and you can never have success in the NFL after playing in the "minor leagues". Just ask Flutie, Garcia, Marv Levy................

The only way to win is to hire Cowher, Gruden, or Shanahan

Wow. Maybe I am taking this the wrong way but when I hear that a CFL head coach would rather stay in the CFL then remain a candidate for the Bills HC I start to wonder.....

Trestman makes Jauron look like Mick Jagger on Red Bull...

Not the guy we want at that point anyway.

Marc in Montréal

:lol:

I'd say one of 32 jobs in the world.

In all reality, why would he want to come to Buffalo?

To come to a small market city where it is difficult to compete with the wealthier franchises in terms of hiring solid assistant coaches? An example is the Cowboys who are paying their OC more then the Bills are paying their head coach.To come to a team that lacks players in so many areas, QB-OL-DL-LB and is currently running two out dated schemes, The Martz passing offense and the Tampa 2 defense. Any NEW coach will want to revamp the defense and offense, which could take 3-5 years to bring the team up to a level to compete with the Patriots.

These are reasons as to why the Bills should honestly think about giving the HC job to Fewell if he continues to win or even keep the games close. Considering the injuries on this team and the lack of experience he has on offense in play calling and O line, it is amazing he even won a game.

that is not true. Jason Garrett's salary was just shy of $3 mill & the Bill paid Dick jauron I believe 3.2 million per year.

It's "difficult to compete" for coaches---because of lack of wealth??? Ralph has plenty of money to pay staff--he simplhy choses not to spend the money. Nothing but greed and indifference is keeping Ralph form spending some of the $40+million he cleared last season on competent coaching.

He's got a lot of fans suckered into this tired excuse. As proof, witness the scores of posters who are now happy to hand Perry Fewell the HC job after one win. Ralph's already counting the money he's gonna save with this one!

The Bills are running "the Martz passing offense"????? Who, Fred Martz? Fred Mertz???

wow.

ok big mouth, show me a link where it states the Bills franchise made 40 million dollars last year. I'm seeing around 12-15 million. 40 million is what the Cowboys and Redskins take in.

MIKE MARTZ passing offense that Steve Fairchild used and passed down to Turk Schonert who passed down to AVP.

have another :sick: