LOST...Season 6

duey

...on February 2, 2009.

18 more episodes with the season premier being three hours! Two more months and the wait will be over. A couple of things I've read about this season...

No more backstories!

and...

All the stories lines will converge about halfway through the season.

I wonder how I will be left feeling come May 2010. A sense of loss, no doubt, but will I be shocked :o , satisfied :D , disappointed :D, aggravated :P, confused :lol: or all of the above?

Check out this Season 6 trailer, which is supposedly from the network...

http://screenrant.com/lost-season-6-spanis...iler-rob-35829/

It's never too early to get started with this discussion! :wallbash:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this as well...

ABC also revealed the regular castmembers who’ll be returning for the 6th and final season. They are: Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Nestor Carbonell (Richard), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Michael Emerson (Ben), Jeff Fahey (Frank) Matthew Fox (Jack), Jorge Garcia ( Hurley), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Ken Leung (Miles), Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Terry O’Quinn (Locke), and Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana).

Also guest stars and recurring actors/actresses who are set to return are : Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Rebecca Mader (Charlotte), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Katey Sagal (Helen). This list is expected to grow,as the season moves forward.

http://ontheflix.com/2009/11/26/abcs-lost-...-premiere-date/

this thread just made me giddy

the only thing i can contradict in your original post is the "no more backstories" part. ive heard that one of the major parts of the season is RICHARD's back story!! which ive been waiting for for years. but i can see what you mean if you are referring to "plane people", no more backstories should be needed on them.

i know that when its all said and done, ill be fairly sad that its all over. hopefully, the producers will be able to end it in an at least acceptable way. but they have their work cut out for them.

I can't wait. I love this show. I feel like I need to re-watch the last season to re-acquaint myself with all the crazy storylines, mythologies, etc… Also, to get myself all hyped up. Hopefully somebody will get me the box set for x-mas. [hint hint]

I have usually re-watched the whole series in the run-up to new seasons. I think I may start at S3 this time. I can't watch S5 eps again online, so I've only seen them the one time. I too have been waiting for the DVDs. One more week. Then we'll wrap it back up, put it under the tree and say, "Oh, MY!"

I have seen the featurette of a day of shooting with Nestor Carbonell. Really down-to-earth guy.

this thread just made me giddy

the only thing i can contradict in your original post is the "no more backstories" part. ive heard that one of the major parts of the season is RICHARD's back story!! which ive been waiting for for years. but i can see what you mean if you are referring to "plane people", no more backstories should be needed on them.

i know that when its all said and done, ill be fairly sad that its all over. hopefully, the producers will be able to end it in an at least acceptable way. but they have their work cut out for them.

That was actually rumored for last season, but didn't materialize. Everyone is waiting for it. I would imagine, too, that the S5 finale's opening scene with Jacob and MIB (and presumably the Black Rock) will be revisited.

I have done a little reading ahead.... It's going to take a very different course, at least early on. At ComicCon, Cuse & Lindelof showed videos... OK, I'll yellow-font this (tho I believe I probably mentioned it in the end of the S5 thread): .... videos that show the 815 crash never happened e.g. an Oceanic Airlines ad citing a perfect safety record since its founding in 19__. I forget the year. Hurley featured in Mr. Cluck commercials with an Australian recipe he came up with when he was in OZ....

We also still know very little about Ilana, Bram, et al.

One of the series originals, Maggie Grace (Shannon) has apparently declined to return to the show for guest star appearance(s). I can only say that this is pretty rude --- snubbing the show that put her on the map. If it were me, I would want to finish what this show started.

• 1 month later...
Just found this as well...

ABC also revealed the regular castmembers who’ll be returning for the 6th and final season. They are: Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Nestor Carbonell (Richard), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Michael Emerson (Ben), Jeff Fahey (Frank) Matthew Fox (Jack), Jorge Garcia ( Hurley), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Ken Leung (Miles), Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Terry O’Quinn (Locke), and Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana).

Also guest stars and recurring actors/actresses who are set to return are : Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Rebecca Mader (Charlotte), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Katey Sagal (Helen). This list is expected to grow,as the season moves forward.

http://ontheflix.com/2009/11/26/abcs-lost-...-premiere-date/

Sounds great. I see that Ian Somerholder was able to take time away from The Vampire Diaries to return to Lost for a little bit.

I'll be sad when the series ends as well. Some times it was infuriating in flip flopping back and forth, but it always seemed to me to be THE best made for television series I can ever remember.

Maybe a movie in the works for after the series comes to an end???? <_<

FOUR MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE GO BACK TO THE ISLAND!!!

not much to report, but check out this awesome promo shot...

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_tv/lost-last-supper

I love it! And it's so good to see Claire again...I've been missing the hell out of her.

And in true Lost fashion, I've studied this picture looking for hidden clues and meanings. There are two skulls on the ground, one beneath Sayid (who is looking down right anorexic!) and one beneath Hurley. An omen for each perhaps?

I'm counting the days! <_<

I love it! And it's so good to see Claire again...I've been missing the hell out of her.

And in true Lost fashion, I've studied this picture looking for hidden clues and meanings. There are two skulls on the ground, one beneath Sayid (who is looking down right anorexic!) and one beneath Hurley. An omen for each perhaps?

I'm counting the days! <_<

Ugh, I hate Claire. She is useless, and annoying. That is one part of Season 6 I am not looking forward to.

Any of you guys ever check out

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

?

It is a really well put together wiki site with tons of Lost information. Skimming the episode descriptions and drilling down with the various links about characters or island mythology is a great way to refresh yourself about the show without watching all 100+ episodes again.

There are also some interesting theories in the theory sections as well as crazy off the wall ones... hmmm, sounds a little bit like TSW. <_<

I appreciate your guys passion for the show but Lost is stating to make me lost. I am a huge fan of the show but the most recent season was a little confusing and convoluted. I'll head into this season with a little trepidation, hoping the show doesn't completely bastardize itself.

Many of my favorite shows have gone this route. Know when to end it.

FOUR MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE GO BACK TO THE ISLAND!!!

not much to report, but check out this awesome promo shot...

http://www.aolcdn.com/ch_tv/lost-last-supper

I was going to post this a few days ago but wasn't ambitious enough to dredge up the thread.

I'm counting the days! :thumbsup:

There is another skull in the recess of the large rock at the left edge.

In all of the promos so far, it's been heavy with religious tie-ins (e.g. Willy singing "Amazing Grace") but that's not really out of sorts for the show. This show is kind of like a second bible (since the original bible's story finished. Armeggedon as it was described actually already happened during the Roman Empire. That book has been fulfilled. Just, lots of people in this world who are nowhere near ready to let it go). Here, we have new examples of sacrifice, forgiveness, love, begetting, kidnapping, future-seeing prophets, miraculous healings, people who worship false idols (e.g. Nikki and Paulo's diamonds, the heroin statues), death and resurrection, killing, doubt, acceptance... all the themes are covered. I know this is probably not the primary avenue of intent, but it's interesting to think of it that way.

For some predictions, after watching S5 on DVD.... I think the Jughead detonation will work insofar as the Swan's energy pocket is nulled and the future is affected by that. But, Richard said something key last season... that he saw all of the O6 + Sawyer, Jin and Miles die in '77. Now, he wasn't there at the Incident. That tells us that there isn't a nuclear blast as such. Something else happens to that group. Now, the Swan construction was a violation of the Truce, which would allow the '77 Others to kill the offenders and then the war with Dharma would be back on. But, even if they are killed in '77 (this will likely be a shocker of a episode for the uninitiated), but the Swan is never built, 815 never crashes. They die, but in another, alternate timeline. Still, the island has it in for these people, and through Jacob's touch, they will be back.