LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answers will be questioned.

PTR

This quote is classic. My wife and I watched Tuesday's episode on the DVR last night, and as they cut to one of the commercial breaks after a typically WTF moment, I looked sternly at my wife and said your quote in my best network-voice-over voice. She laughed almost uncontrollably as I fast-forwarded through the commercial break.

And yes, I gave you credit for the quote. :w00t:

Doc Jensen's "Sundown" recap: "The Measure of the Man"

The Lockeness Monster had promised her that he'd get Aaron back for her in exchange for her faithful service. His m.o. is now clear: What if I told you could have your heart's desire? It's hard not to hear Fake Locke's enticements and not wonder if what he's offering the castaways is a psychic ticket to Sidewaysville, that if they do what he asks he'll transfer their minds/souls into the bodies of their parallel world doppelgangers. Of course, his wish-upon-a-star come-ons also sound like he's selling pipe dreams (literally), like Satan tempting Eve with the apple. Yes, it's easy to paint the guy who can make like a serpent and snake-dance around the Island out to be the devil. Dogen goaded us further toward those assumptions, evoking imagery straight out of the classic Twilight Zone episode ''The Howling Man,'' about monks whose appointed ''dharma'' is to keep Lucifer locked in a cell: ''For years he has been trapped, but now Jacob is gone. He is free. This man will not stop until he has destroyed every living thing on the Island. ...He is evll incarnate.''

Yet I'm thinking Dogen was getting it wrong, too, either because he's misinformed or biased because of what Jacob did for his son: spared him from death. In fact, think about the wondrous things associated with Jacob. Richard's eternal youth. The resurrection hot spring. And, if you believe Ben from season 3, a cure for cancer. Jacob isn't ''good,'' per se — he's just capable of giving life. Put another way: Jacob is the god of beginnings. He is The Alpha. The Man in Black? Not evil — he's the god of endings. He is the Omega. The beginning and the end. Polar, warring opposites, but absolutely necessary for life to bloom (Alpha) and to have form (Omega). Both are necessary for anything to have meaning. Jacob unchecked leads to chaos; Man In Black unchecked leads to annihilation. Both need to exist in balance; both need to be equally weighted rocks on the scale.

I... dont really know what to say right now. Ive been a hige fanboy of this show, even through the "down" times (writers strike). while others were jumping ship, i was getting deeper into it.

but this season....

I guess I'm just going to stay quite, and stay patient, and hope we get some real answers and closure.

I... dont really know what to say right now. Ive been a hige fanboy of this show, even through the "down" times (writers strike). while others were jumping ship, i was getting deeper into it.

but this season....

I guess I'm just going to stay quite, and stay patient, and hope we get some real answers and closure.

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but I just don't understand this sentiment. And you're not alone, I know a lot of people who are getting fed up because they aren't getting "answers." I say, what's the rush? There are 12 hours of this entire series left, and I've always enjoyed the slow unwinding, fan debate and theories, etc. If they started dropping answers left and right, it just wouldn't be the same show. If it ends and we're still left wondering WTF, then I'll be pissed, but for now, savor the mystery.

You're of course entitled to your opinion, but I just don't understand this sentiment. And you're not alone, I know a lot of people who are getting fed up because they aren't getting "answers." I say, what's the rush? There are 12 hours of this entire series left, and I've always enjoyed the slow unwinding, fan debate and theories, etc. If they started dropping answers left and right, it just wouldn't be the same show. If it ends and we're still left wondering WTF, then I'll be pissed, but for now, savor the mystery.

no, im with you and for the most part feel the same way. and frankly, i dont even WANT every single thing answered. it just feels like we're so far off of the original story, and even the story from last season, that we're not getting any real answers. i mean, the temple, great... now 4 weeks later it's destroyed and so are all the new characters, so it didnt matter? the lighthouse, jacob has been watching the candidates, we already knew that, who cares? the cave with the names, didnt really reveal anything. we havent really learned anything as much as had things confirmed. Locke is Smokey, no duh. Smokey is "evil", ok.

again, im staying patient, i just wanted to point out that even MY patience is starting to go. but im still here every week! for sure! the paragraph above probably sounds more cynical than i really am. remember, im saying all of this as one of the shows most dedicated, enthralled fans.

i dont know. knowing this series, next weeks episode will blow my mind and ill be right back in line. im hoping with getting back to the Ben storyline and now that Lapidus and Ileana are back on the scene we'll get a better story. im also guessing that we're going to start seeing our beloved characters picked off week after week. I feel Kate's time is starting to come to an end. we'll see...

im also starting to be convinced that when it's all said and done, Hurley will be the last one standing.

I'm thinking that the way to beat the fake Locke is to not fight back and turn the other cheek. Choose the right path and you will find your way. From the begining of the show the survivors of 815 are looking to be saved. This season some variation of the question keeps being asked, 'What are you looking for?' The reason the lives are corrected through time is because they are all on a journey of life looking to be saved and everyone figures it out on their own at some point in their life. Some people need to be told what to do while others need to stare at the water and figure it out.

The fight on this show is between good and evil and all these characters at some point have had to choose their path between good and evil. Another guess on the ending is people choosing the right path between good and evil and Fake Locke still on the island with the survivors. Time to start the game between Jacob and MIB again and people have made progress.

I'm thinking that the way to beat the fake Locke is to not fight back and turn the other cheek. Choose the right path and you will find your way. From the begining of the show the survivors of 815 are looking to be saved. This season some variation of the question keeps being asked, 'What are you looking for?' The reason the lives are corrected through time is because they are all on a journey of life looking to be saved and everyone figures it out on their own at some point in their life. Some people need to be told what to do while others need to stare at the water and figure it out.

The fight on this show is between good and evil and all these characters at some point have had to choose their path between good and evil. Another guess on the ending is people choosing the right path between good and evil and Fake Locke still on the island with the survivors. Time to start the game between Jacob and MIB again and people have made progress.

The real question is in the war between Flocke and Jacob, which side is "good" and which side is "evil". I'm not really sure which one is which. I agree a bit with Dank in that the series is straying a bit. I am hoping they are just setting up for a hell of a finish. Perhaps Jack/Sawyer are being recruited to be the new Jacob/MIB?

Regarding this week's ep, it was good to see Sayid in whoop ass mode again. I'm glad he killed dogen and Lennon. Those 2 were douchebags.

The real question is in the war between Flocke and Jacob, which side is "good" and which side is "evil". I'm not really sure which one is which. I agree a bit with Dank in that the series is straying a bit. I am hoping they are just setting up for a hell of a finish. Perhaps Jack/Sawyer are being recruited to be the new Jacob/MIB?

Regarding this week's ep, it was good to see Sayid in whoop ass mode again. I'm glad he killed dogen and Lennon. Those 2 were douchebags.

wow, great idea! i think you just figured out the ending. maybe with Hurley as Jack's Richard?

wow, great idea! i think you just figured out the ending. maybe with Hurley as Jack's Richard?

Can't take the credit. My girl came up with that. Her idea on the series ending is that it will close with Jack and Sawyer sitting on the beach like Jacob/MIB were last season, starting the "game" anew.

Can't take the credit. My girl came up with that. Her idea on the series ending is that it will close with Jack and Sawyer sitting on the beach like Jacob/MIB were last season, starting the "game" anew.

Tell her that was a really good idea. :thumbsup:

no, im with you and for the most part feel the same way. and frankly, i dont even WANT every single thing answered. it just feels like we're so far off of the original story, and even the story from last season, that we're not getting any real answers. i mean, the temple, great... now 4 weeks later it's destroyed and so are all the new characters, so it didnt matter? the lighthouse, jacob has been watching the candidates, we already knew that, who cares? the cave with the names, didnt really reveal anything. we havent really learned anything as much as had things confirmed. Locke is Smokey, no duh. Smokey is "evil", ok.

again, im staying patient, i just wanted to point out that even MY patience is starting to go. but im still here every week! for sure! the paragraph above probably sounds more cynical than i really am. remember, im saying all of this as one of the shows most dedicated, enthralled fans.

i dont know. knowing this series, next weeks episode will blow my mind and ill be right back in line. im hoping with getting back to the Ben storyline and now that Lapidus and Ileana are back on the scene we'll get a better story. im also guessing that we're going to start seeing our beloved characters picked off week after week. I feel Kate's time is starting to come to an end. we'll see...

im also starting to be convinced that when it's all said and done, Hurley will be the last one standing.

I'm not at all concerned about the Temple being destroyed. How many times have we seen some structure or other on the Island, not learned too much about it & what it does, then it gets destroyed? Yet, every season finale has ultimately ended with shock and awe. Pretty much every season has started out like this. Time seems to drag on in one of these buildings / storylines. On the beach before exploration, The hatch and the tailies' story, the Hydra station captivity, the O6 back-stories.... It does pick up steam after these places/lines are left.

I expect it to start with the Ilana group coming back into the picture. As we know, the next ep is going to be Ben-centric, titled, "Dr. Linus." And before I stopped looking at spoiler bits, it was divulged that ep 9 is going to be Richard-centric and judging from the casting, it will go into his backstory. And his backstory is heavy on the "back" part.

We've been given many of the puzzle pieces, and while we don't know what it's all working out to, or how they fit together, once we see the picture on the front of the box, it'll make sense. I hope.

Put another way: Jacob is the god of beginnings. He is The Alpha. The Man in Black? Not evil — he's the god of endings. He is the Omega. The beginning and the end.

If Jacob was the god of beginnings and protecting the island, why wouldn't he allow women to give birth on the island? Of course perhaps Jacob doesn't have control over it and that's why he had his leader Ben bring Juliette to the island to figure it out?

Sidenote: Where was Sawyer last week?

I believe when Flocke took the white rock of the balance and threw it into the ocean, it confirmed the suspicion that Flocke was on the "evil" side. But I guess you never truly know with this show. Also, why would they br recruiting people to be the new Jacob/MIB? Are they retiring or something? They are looking for a candidate, whatever that means, but not necessarily someone to take their place...

I think Hurley is Jacob in the sideway flashes....

BTW any notice in the preview to next weeks episode, Ben is digging up Locke grave

I don't think that's particularly spoiler material. It was shown in the closing-moments preview, and that's always been fair game for discussion, so I'm taking the tag off.... I wonder what he would be doing that for, especially since they just buried him. Is there some way to get Smokey out of Locke's body?

As in, possessed Hurley? Like.... Fhurley?

Guide listing:

LOST 6.06 | "Sundown" re-air | ABC 8 p.m.

Sayid must make a difficult decision, while Claire has a warning for the temple inhabitants.

LOST 6.07 | "Dr. Linus" | ABC 9 p.m.

Ben must deal with the consequences of a lie.