LOST...Season 6

duey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you noticing how ABC keeps promoting how "questions will be answered" in next week's episode? My wife and I don't believe it anymore. They keep saying questions will be answered and none ever are.

PTR

Well, Damon and Carlton have said something to the effect of, "after episode 6 of season 6, you will have all the 'tools' you need to develop a hell of a theory on how the show ends."

For a minute there, I thought Jack was going to find David hanging in his closet.
Dude...when Jack walked in with the pizza, that's what I was afraid of. First at his place and then at his ex's.

And so, Christian re-enters the picture, w/o re-entering the actual picture.
See below...he might be back in a different way as well.

(Also, what was the first image Jack saw flash by?).
I thought it was a Korean building of some sort...perhaps Suns childhood home (as it looked pretty big and we know Jin grew up in a poor family.

"That's not John. That's my friend." Whoa.
See, I'm thinking that her friend is actually Christian Sheppard...she see's him rather than John like everyone else. Perhaps MIB takes a form that suits his needs with each particular person or group?

I think Hurley set a record for the number to times saying "dude." :wallbash:

OK - after watching the rebroadcast of 6.04 last night, I discovered a major, major hole in the story. Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof are going to be astounded they allowed such a huge oversight. This mental lapse will haunt them until their final breaths.

Here goes:

Bear with me here

If Locke can't get into his van because Hurley parked his Hummer too close, how did big fat Hurley ever get out of the driver side door?

Huh? Huh? Riddle me that misters smarty pants!

If Locke can't get into his van because Hurley parked his Hummer too close, how did big fat Hurley ever get out of the driver side door?

If memory serves me, the Hummer was parked to the left of Locke's van, so it was the Hummer's passenger side that was parked too close.

If memory serves me, the Hummer was parked to the left of Locke's van, so it was the Hummer's passenger side that was parked too close.

Nope - the Hummer was to the right of the van and facing forward. The van's right rear door opened for the wheelchair lift.

You're correct.

Either:

a) Hurley says, "Dude, I'm spry!" or b) Hurley went out the passenger door b/c he had a reason for parking so close --- to force a Jacobesque interaction.

It's just as relevant to think 'Why would Jacob have been sitting in a taxi outside a mental institution with an ankh-filled guitar case?' It's not about the practical particulars of the situation. It's about creating the meetings/interconnections.

Jack has a son in the sideways flash, named David Shephard. Had been wondering if Jack was still with Sara in this storyline. We don't find that out, but it seems a good bet. Jack's mother implies that David is afraid of Jack, vis-a-vis how Jack was afraid of Christian. Crank up your Harry Chapin albums! For a minute there, I thought Jack was going to find David hanging in his closet. What was the writing on the sheet music?

You must have missed when David mentioned to Jack early on that he only in his life once a month. Which should have revealed that Jack wasn't with his ex wife. I couldn't read the top line of the hand writing but it was something like STVRT p/u pace & tempo, I'm guessing it's a red herring.

And so, the lighthouse isn't meant as a literal guide. The Lighthouse seems to be the place to keep visual tabs on all the candidates. And it doesn't matter what the lighthouse points to, whoever's meant to come will come... it just mattered that Jack saw what the Lighthouse does. But why, then, does it show Jack's boyhood home rather than where he lived most recently? (Also, what was the first image Jack saw flash by?). Maybe following Jack around didn't matter anymore b/c there was enough to guide him to the island.

As duey noted the first building looked like some kind of Asian building, likely Sun's childhood home since Jin was poor. It seems like Jack's destined to replace Jacob since he protected the island when smashed the mirrors. Hugo's comment about 7 years bad luck was interesting.

Dogan in real life. Hmm. And Jack didn't remember when he got the appendectomy. Perhaps the Losties were flashed in similar nature back onto 815 but with their 2007-->1977-->2004 appearance. Their memories are merged, similar to Desmond's in "Flashes Before the Eyes" or better yet, the knowing smile as he walked away from Penny's flat in "The Constant."

Jack seeing his appendectomy scar and Claire stitching up Jin reminded me of the season 1 scene of Kate stitching up Jack.

Adam & Eve make a re-appearance. Nothing further revealed besides Hurley stating what every viewer has thought for quite a while. 'This could be two of us.' Everyone and their brother (including myself) was saying that it was Rose and Bernard. But, they seemed to flash out of 1977 just the same. Doesn't seem to be them. We've also been told that there's not going to be any more time travel stuff. My new theory is that it's Charlotte and Daniel, placed there possibly at different times (what timeline did Charlotte actually die in?) as they died in the flashes.

Adam & Eve are still a question mark in my mind.

See, I'm thinking that her friend is actually Christian Sheppard...she see's him rather than John like everyone else. Perhaps MIB takes a form that suits his needs with each particular person or group?

You missed part of what Claire said, she said something along the lines of "First my dad told me they took Aaron and then my friend told me they took him too". So the question is, has MIB changed bodies or not? All this time it seems to be the answer was yes but now I wonder since Claire seems to think they are two different "people". Unless of course he shifted from Christian to Locke to manipulate Claire. If he did, it wouldn't be a total surprise since he seemed to shift from Alex to Locke to manipulate Ben.

The question I'm surprised no one is asking is, Who is Jacob's friend that is trying to get to the island? I'm guessing it's Desmond since remember a comment from one episode that the island isn't done with him yet.

maybe Hurley's hummer is european.

You must have missed when David mentioned to Jack early on that he only in his life once a month. Which should have revealed that Jack wasn't with his ex wife. I couldn't read the top line of the hand writing but it was something like STVRT p/u pace & tempo, I'm guessing it's a red herring.

As duey noted the first building looked like some kind of Asian building, likely Sun's childhood home since Jin was poor. It seems like Jack's destined to replace Jacob since he protected the island when smashed the mirrors. Hugo's comment about 7 years bad luck was interesting.

Jack seeing his appendectomy scar and Claire stitching up Jin reminded me of the season 1 scene of Kate stitching up Jack.

You missed part of what Claire said, she said something along the lines of "First my dad told me they took Aaron and then my friend told me they took him too". So the question is, has MIB changed bodies or not? All this time it seems to be the answer was yes but now I wonder since Claire seems to think they are two different "people". Unless of course he shifted from Christian to Locke to manipulate Claire. If he did, it wouldn't be a total surprise since he seemed to shift from Alex to Locke to manipulate Ben.

The question I'm surprised no one is asking is, Who is Jacob's friend that is trying to get to the island? I'm guessing it's Desmond since remember a comment from one episode that the island isn't done with him yet.

When they were moving the mirrors in the lighthouse, Hurley said to set it to "108 degrees" and 108 was the number assigned to Desmond in the Cave...

Doc Jensen's "Lighthouse" recap

You missed part of what Claire said, she said something along the lines of "First my dad told me they took Aaron and then my friend told me they took him too". So the question is, has MIB changed bodies or not? All this time it seems to be the answer was yes but now I wonder since Claire seems to think they are two different "people".

Didn't miss that he wasn't with (I assume it's) Sara anymore. I wrote that up until the start of this ep, I was wondering if he was.

Trying to decide if there's anything to David playing the piano. Invites a comparison to the young Faraday. Have wondered for a long time whether this could all be a repeating pattern of people who've been on the island (that we don't yet know about) sending their kids to the island, those kids sending their kids, etc. on mission to preserve time/'save the world' much the way Eloise Hawking did with Faraday. For example, Hurley's father went away for "work" and showed up ~ 10 years later. We know little about Wayne, Adam Rutherford, etc. or maybe most importantly, Mr. Paik and his relation with Widmore. This may also tie in with the Lighthouse showing their parent's homes (Sun and Jin moved to an apartment). Don't know where I'm going with this, but it's been a thought rattling around upstairs for a while....

Wonder if, in the sideways flash, Jack has that scar on his back. Or if he has the "He walks among us, but he is not one of us" tattoo from "Stranger in A Strange Land." Did those things happen? Or did they happen differently?

Claire didn't say when her father [Christian or MIB version?] told her this. Christian/MIB could have told her shortly after the freighter mercenary's siege, and it was a cool three years and one body invasion later that Flocke again told Claire the Others have Aaron.

Jacob didn't specifically say it was a friend coming to the island. He said "someone" is coming to the island.

Per Lostpedia's "Lighthouse" page:

* The sign for David's recital reads "Welcome all Candidates."

* After Claire kills Justin, she hands Jin a Nalgene water bottle with an unknown Dharma logo.

* The lighthouse protractor reveals the following potential candidates that weren't previously known from the Cliffside cave:

- Rousseau crossed out at number 20.

- Stanhope [Harper or Goodwin?] crossed out at 48.

- Austen at number 51. Austen is not crossed out and was not shown in the scene in the cave in "The Substitute."

- Burke crossed out at number 58.

- Faraday crossed out at number 101.

- Lewis crossed out at number 104, which is different from The Substitute where she has number 140.

- Rutherford crossed out at number 32, which is different from The Substitute where she has number 31.

- Wallace [? unknown] crossed out at number 108.

- Friendly crossed out at number 109.

- Linus crossed out at number 117.

- Dawson crossed out at number 124.

- Littleton crossed out at number 313.

When they were moving the mirrors in the lighthouse, Hurley said to set it to "108 degrees" and 108 was the number assigned to Desmond in the Cave...

Nope. Neither Desmond (as "HUME") nor 108 were visible/shown in the cave.

As quoted above, 108 in the Lighthouse is assigned to one, "WALLACE."

Jensen does a good write-up --- he's gotta be watching the eps in advance. I find it hard to believe he comes up with this overnight. Nice bit about finding the [Free?] Will. Some great dissection of the multiple father-son lines shown here.

Confirmed that David played the same piece as young Faraday did last season. But I have a nit-pick, on p3:

The piece: ''Fantasia Impromptu in C-sharp minor'' by Chopin. Last season on Lost, another child prodigy played the same number for us. I am referring to Master Daniel Faraday in ''The Variable.'' We remember his fate: how his mother cut him off his from art; how she redirected his brilliance toward physics in a doomed bid to save him from her future bullet; how she drove him and rode him and smothered him. He died, anyway. A failure, anyway. I felt Lost was offering a belated toast to the late Faraday in Sideways Jack's surprising cross with Sideways Dogen, whose son was also auditioning for Williams. ''They are too young to have this kind of pressure,'' Dogen said. ''It's hard to watch and be unable to help.'' Rest In Peace, Daniel. Sorry your Mom sucked.

Uhm, Doc, Eloise Hawking sent Faraday back so he would do what he had to do to preserve the timeline --- she sent him back so should could kill him. Hence, her connection to Brother Campbell and the issue of sacrifice.

Wonder if, in the sideways flash, Jack has that scar on his back. Or if he has the "He walks among us, but he is not one of us" tattoo from "Stranger in A Strange Land." Did those things happen? Or did they happen differently?

Claire didn't say when her father [Christian or MIB version?] told her this. Christian/MIB could have told her shortly after the freighter mercenary's siege, and it was a cool three years and one body invasion later that Flocke again told Claire the Others have Aaron.

Jack's tattoo was visible in his scenes with him in the jungle/lighthouse so they still exist but how they occured/what they show again has yet to be revealed.

The question is if MIB was pretending to be Christian, why the sudden change when as Flocke, that he'd reveal to her that he is in fact not John? Of course to counter your question you proposed is when did he become Claire's "friend"? as if it was recently he didn't have a choice since Sawyer would have most certainly told Claire who he was. Which brings up another question, why wasn't Sawyer with MIB last night?

Jensen does a good write-up --- he's gotta be watching the eps in advance. I find it hard to believe he comes up with this overnight. Nice bit about finding the [Free?] Will. Some great dissection of the multiple father-son lines shown here.

He's gotta have some advance notice as I can't see how on earth he could make all those connections in less than 24 hours.

Confirmed that David played the same piece as young Faraday did last season. But I have a nit-pick, on p3:

Uhm, Doc, Eloise Hawking sent Faraday back so he would do what he had to do to preserve the timeline --- she sent him back so should could kill him. Hence, her connection to Brother Campbell and the issue of sacrifice.

Right, but wasn't it so she could kill him so then she'd realize she'd have to help Jack set Jughead off and thus erase history and then not kill him? [if that makes any sense at all...]

Right, but wasn't it so she could kill him so then she'd realize she'd have to help Jack set Jughead off and thus erase history and then not kill him? [if that makes any sense at all...]

Yeah, I dig, but that's not how Jensen wrote it.

That whole situation taxes my brainpower. Eloise Hawking is still quite a mystery.

Yeah, I dig, but that's not how Jensen wrote it.

That whole situation taxes my brainpower. Eloise Hawking is still quite a mystery.

Yeah, we need to hear more from her and the Widmore clan- they seemed so mysterious and all-knowing before, but after they all got back to the island, they seemed much more hopeless and *ahem* lost.