Shanahan at game?

SectionC3

Let me start by saying that I'm not doing this to cause a firestorm - I'm simply curious if someone can corroborate what I heard today. Someone to whom I am close and trust implicitly works in a "private" area of RWS told me this morning that Shanahan was at RWS for yesterday's game. Again, I don't know whether this is true, but I haven't heard anything on the issue and thought it was important (and interesting) enough to see if somebody else saw and/or heard something similar.

For what it's worth, I have better things to do with my time than cook up fake or bogus reports of Mike Shanahan's presence in Buffalo, and am not trying to stir any pots here. I obviously did not see Shanahan (I sit with the masses in the lower bowl), but I was wondering if someone else did or heard the same thing I did.

Let me start by saying that I'm not doing this to cause a firestorm - I'm simply curious if someone can corroborate what I heard today. Someone to whom I am close and trust implicitly works in a "private" area of RWS told me this morning that Shanahan was at RWS for yesterday's game. Again, I don't know whether this is true, but I haven't heard anything on the issue and thought it was important (and interesting) enough to see if somebody else saw and/or heard something similar.

For what it's worth, I have better things to do with my time than cook up fake or bogus reports of Mike Shanahan's presence in Buffalo, and am not trying to stir any pots here. I obviously did not see Shanahan (I sit with the masses in the lower bowl), but I was wondering if someone else did or heard the same thing I did.

I had a guy in my row claim he saw him in the McGuire club. He admitted that he was just busting chops, but we discussed how sending one text could start a huge rumor. I think Shanahan can afford NFL Sunday ticket, and it would be next to impossible to sneak him into WNY on a weekday, let alone a game day. Sooo, I think we'll probably file this under "rumors-limo driver".

Somebody at the Buffalo Airport twittered to check out his Facebook page. He's got pics of Shanahan and George Siefert catching a ride with Berman's Cab Driver

Seriously in today's modern world of the intarweb and cell cameras, if this really happened somebody could have snapped a picture from their cell phone to prove their crap rumor

...and yet here you are.

Was he wearing sideburns, sunglasses, a wig, and carrying a guitar?

I sat next to him. He stole some of my nachos. Bastard.

We did have an ongoing conversation. Highlights: He said he would have punted instead of trying the field goal and wondered openly why they practiced in the rain. He said he refuses to wear a headset. He used the phrase "took the sails out of our wind" and he wore a pullover sweater that looked like Picasso puked..by the end of the game I told him never to come back to WNY.

Why would we want a guy that lost to Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron at home last year?

Somebody at the Buffalo Airport twittered to check out his Facebook page. He's got pics of Shanahan and George Siefert catching a ride with Berman's Cab Driver

Seriously in today's modern world of the intarweb and cell cameras, if this really happened somebody could have snapped a picture from their cell phone to prove their crap rumor

Not necessarily. Rich people do things privately all the time. We generally only hear about the ones who want us to hear or the ones who do something over and over and over till someone catches them.

I sat next to him. He stole some of my nachos. Bastard.

We did have an ongoing conversation. Highlights: He said he would have punted instead of trying the field goal and wondered openly why they practiced in the rain. He said he refuses to wear a headset. He used the phrase "took the sails out of our wind" and he wore a pullover sweater that looked like Picasso puked..by the end of the game I told him never to come back to WNY.

Why would we want a guy that lost to Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron at home last year?

Someone needs to look at some of his personnel moves with the Broncos before annoint him supreme leader.

PTR