CBO scores the Senate Health Bill

Magox

I am very thankful I don't have your job.

I don't have that job either. I do that pro bono. I volunteer to be a guardian ad litem, in English the kid's attorney in dependency cases. I don't represent the parents. I don't work for the Department of Healthand Human Services. I just look out for the kid's interests.

My normal job is patent lawyer.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have that job either. I do that pro bono. I volunteer to be a guardian ad litem, in English the kid's attorney in dependency cases. I don't represent the parents. I don't work for the Department of Healthand Human Services. I just look out for the kid's interests.

That's amazing.

Let's just add another entitlement program, that should help.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...id=a8c_1vtVGzD8

The U.S. and the U.K. have moved “substantially” closer to losing their AAA credit ratings as the cost of servicing their debt rose, according to Moody’s Investors Service.

The governments of the two economies must balance bringing down their debt burdens without damaging growth by removing fiscal stimulus too quickly, Pierre Cailleteau, managing director of sovereign risk at Moody’s in London, said in a telephone interview.

That's amazing.

I'd love that to be true. Mostly, I attend meetings making sure DHS is doing its job and the mom isn't so dumb that she's showing up to court high (which has happened several times). Rarely, I've actually had to dig in and attack something/someone for the benefit of the kid.

New CBO scoring came out, here's the Democrats description of it:

Here are the details, according to House Democrats:

1. CUTS THE DEFICIT Cuts the deficit by $130 billion in the first ten years (2010 – 2019). Cuts the deficit by $1.2 trillion in the second ten years. 2. REINS IN WASTEFUL MEDICARE COSTS AND EXTENDS THE SOLVENCY OF MEDICARE; CLOSES THE PRESCRIPTION DRUG DONUT HOLE Reduces annual growth in Medicare expenditures by 1.4 percentage points per year—while improving benefits and lowering costs for seniors. Extends Medicare’s solvency by at least 9 years. 3. EXPANDS AND IMPROVES HEALTH COVERAGE FOR MIDDLE CLASS FAMILIES Expands health insurance coverage to 32 million Americans Helps guarantee that 95 percent of Americans will be covered. 4. IS FULLY PAID FOR Is fully paid for – costs $940 billion over a decade. (Americans spend nearly $2.5 trillion each year on health care now and nearly two-thirds of the bill’s cost is paid for by reducing health care costs).

Can't wait to see the actual details of it, still not posted yet on the CBO website.

Can't wait to see the actual details of it, still not posted yet on the CBO website.

It's a miracle! How did they ever get the numbers to be so awesome?

Will they double dip Medicare costs again? Is the Student Loan program part of the bill? Does it include the doc fix? Is is still 10 years of taxes for 6 years of bennies?

Lotsa red meat on the table. Let the games begin.

It's a miracle! How did they ever get the numbers to be so awesome?

Will they double dip Medicare costs again? Is the Student Loan program part of the bill? Does it include the doc fix? Is is still 10 years of taxes for 6 years of bennies?

Lotsa red meat on the table. Let the games begin.

Good point, I wonder if the Student Loan program is in the bill. That was allegedly suppose to reduce the deficit by $70B I believe.

I can't wait to delve into the numbers, I am 100% positive there is all sorts of weaselly chicanery in this bill.

Good point, I wonder if the Student Loan program is in the bill. That was allegedly suppose to reduce the deficit by $70B I believe.

I can't wait to delve into the numbers, I am 100% positive there is all sorts of weaselly chicanery in this bill.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...lgreens18m.html

I guess obama will have to take over Wallgreens now.

Cuts a trillion-dollar annual deficit by $13 billion annually?

That's like praising your effort in curing athlete's foot for someone dying of a gunshot wound.

Cuts a trillion-dollar annual deficit by $13 billion annually?

That's like praising your effort in curing athlete's foot for someone dying of a gunshot wound.

But that's not even true.

Official CBO scores just came out

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11355/hr4872.pdf

A few things that I noticed in just the first 10 minutes of reviewing it. As LA stated, some of those supposed deficit reductions do come from the Student Bill.

Secondly, the same accounting gimmickry is used as the previous bills except in this case, only partial subsidies begin in 2014, and the real full start date is 2015.

Third, the claim from Democratic Leadership that it will reduce the deficit in the second decade by $1.2 Trillion has got to be the wildest most untruthful claim as of yet. CBO clearly states that it is virtually impossible to forcast this far out and also depends on Political leadership to adhere to all of the cuts and taxes in place.

Another area that I found to be interesting was that between all subsidies and medicaid layouts proposed by the effects of this bill that beginning 2016 these "benefits" will be roughly 161B annualy and growing by over 35% by 2019 to $216B a year.

which means that at the rate of the projected growth this bill when fully enacted will cost over $2.4 Trillion over a 10 year period.

That's what I found in the first 10 minutes

A few things that I noticed in just the first 10 minutes of reviewing it. As LA stated, some of those supposed deficit reductions do come from the Student Bill.

Secondly, the same accounting gimmickry is used as the previous bills except in this case, only partial subsidies begin in 2014, and the real full start date is 2015.

Third, the claim from Democratic Leadership that it will reduce the deficit in the second decade by $1.2 Trillion has got to be the wildest most untruthful claim as of yet. CBO clearly states that it is virtually impossible to forcast this far out and also depends on Political leadership to adhere to all of the cuts and taxes in place.

Another area that I found to be interesting was that between all subsidies and medicaid layouts proposed by the effects of this bill that beginning 2016 these "benefits" will be roughly 161B annualy and growing by over 35% by 2019 to $216B a year.

which means that at the rate of the projected growth this bill when fully enacted will cost over $2.4 Trillion over a 10 year period.

I didn't really think it was true...my point was that even if it were true, it's not exactly something to shout from the rooftops.

I also don't think the CBO's scoring is true, either - there's maybe a dozen ways to crunch the numbers, as you well know, and they're pretty much all bull **** (as you well know). The bottom line to me is that, given that no one can agree on any sort of real accounting of this bill, no one really knows what it's going to do.

So let's vote it in to law anyway. :worthy: !@#$ing morons.

Looks like Obama is inviting a bunch of the wavering politicians to the W.H today

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-roo...bs-bill-signing

look at the list

Undecided:

Rep. Jason Altmire (D-Pa.)

Rep. Sanford Bishop (D-Pa.)

Rep. Dennis Cardoza (D-Calif.)

Rep. Jim Costa (D-Calif.)

Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-N.C.)

Rep. Debbie Halvorson (D-Ill.)

Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-Ohio)

Rep. Solomon Ortiz (D-Texas)

Rep. Bill Owens (D-N.Y.)

Lean Yes:

Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)

Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.)

Rep. Charlie Wilson (D-Ohio)

Yes:

Rep. Jim Oberstar (D-Minn.)

No:

Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.)

Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.)

Rep. Larry Kissell (D-N.C.)

The more I read about this bull **** the more angrier I get.

You know, I was just about to post something similar. I probably need to take a step back away from all of this, it's definitely getting me all worked up, I just can't believe how BLATANTLY dishonest this whole process has been. :worthy:

In the time it took you to type your post, over 115,000 people lost their house, lost their car, lost their job, lost their cat, lost their keys, lost their cellphone, had to wear their dead sister's false teeth and then DIED because they didn't have health insurance.

Admit it. You want people to die wearing their sister's false teeth, don't you. Admit it, dammit.

I didn't really think it was true...my point was that even if it were true, it's not exactly something to shout from the rooftops.

I also don't think the CBO's scoring is true, either - there's maybe a dozen ways to crunch the numbers, as you well know, and they're pretty much all bull **** (as you well know). The bottom line to me is that, given that no one can agree on any sort of real accounting of this bill, no one really knows what it's going to do.

So let's vote it in to law anyway. :worthy: !@#$ing morons.

I'd say it's something to give credit to if, as the CBO scored it, it provides healthcare reform AND reduces the deficit. The opponents would have thought the CBO was accurate if it supported their claims, but now that it doesn't, the CBO is using 'fuzzy math'. Bottom line, it's the best objective estimate we have on its impact.

Remember when I said that they would have to raise taxes even more than the Presidents proposal,

that's exactly what they did

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...6UZrc&pos=8

Congressional leaders are raising to 3.8 percent their proposed new Medicare tax on investment income in the final health-care overhaul plan, a Democratic leadership aide said.

The rate is higher than the 2.9 percent President Barack Obama proposed in February. Under Obama’s proposal, the new tax would apply to income from interest, dividends, annuities, royalties and rents for individuals who earn more than $200,000 and joint filers reporting more than $250,000.

I'd say it's something to give credit to if, as the CBO scored it, it provides healthcare reform AND reduces the deficit. The opponents would have thought the CBO was accurate if it supported their claims, but now that it doesn't, the CBO is using 'fuzzy math'. Bottom line, it's the best objective estimate we have on its impact.

bull **** lemming, it is exactly as I stated, it's all "fuzzy math". 5 years of subsidies and 10 years of tax revenues. Plus no "Doc Fix", plus they just raised the taxes even further by 33% higher than the president proposed. Plus this is if they keep the excise tax which if you read the scoring, which you didn't because you're lemming and you will blindly support anything your masters tell you, you will see that they didn't index the excise tax to the rate of inflation +1, which means if they were to adhere to bill as if, even more people will get hit with taxes under the plan. Which we all know that the Unions will lobby their slaves until they get what they want.

Why do I know all this? Because I actually read it, did you? Of course not. Now go back and parrot something else Hoyer, Pelosi, Clyburn or Obama said so I can ridicule that too.