Lack of any updates on E. Wood

bg17

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They said he had surgery, it went fine and he was in recovery. It has only been a week, what updates do you expect? That he is running or lifting weights? They also said, you can expect him to start the season on the PUP if not the entire year. Going to be awhile before any substantial updates would be available.

I take this to be bad news. I don't think anyone will be shocked if it's a career-ending. The lack of any doctor's report or word from the Bills makes me think the worst. Thoughts or news that I am not aware of?

Disagree, no news is good news. At least until Training Camp.

I read last week that EW said it was a 6 - 8 month rehab and he hoped to be ready for training camp next year:

Two Bills Drive - Eric Wood Story - Niagra Gazette

They said he had surgery, it went fine and he was in recovery. It has only been a week, what updates do you expect? That he is running or lifting weights? They also said, you can expect him to start the season on the PUP if not the entire year. Going to be awhile before any substantial updates would be available.

Rotoworld speculated that Wood would be on the PUP list to start the season. Listening to Wood, who is going off what the surgeon told him, he said barring any setbacks it's 6-8 months. Six months puts him at OTA's, but I doubt he'd do anything there. Eight months is training camp.

Chris Brown reported The Bills said the surgery was successful. I'm guessing we won't know if it's career ending until he starts to rehab and tries to play.

Well said. There is nothing else for anyone to add to the discussion.

Rotoworld speculated that Wood would be on the PUP list to start the season. Listening to Wood, who is going off what the surgeon told him, he said barring any setbacks it's 6-8 months. Six months puts him at OTA's, but I doubt he'd do anything there. Eight months is training camp.

I had a friend on my college team with the same tib-fib break. He sat our the rest of the season but was ready for fall practice about 6months later. He came back and played like nothing had happened. Hopefully they have similiar recoveries.

+1

Wood himself said 6-8 months, yet some of the resident doctors on here continue to override his statements with their expert opinions.

Yeah, silly of us to actually think we might know a little something about it.

But you go right on believing we're "overriding" his statements, rather than just suggesting from experience that things aren't always as straightforward or proceed as smoothly as you believe everything is.

Good screen name, by the way. I'll give you a ring if I need some backup.

Maybe you do know something about the nature of the injury in general. In order to make any real assessments, you surely would realize the necessity of seeing the individual case for yourself. Since none of us on here have, we can only go on the words of Eric Wood himself, since it's his leg that's broken and I would tend to think he might have some idea what is going on with his own body/injury.

I see a divide between the "OH MY GOD HIS CAREER IS OVER! I JUST HOPE HE CAN WALK AGAIN!" comments and the actual words from Eric Wood himself, where he says he should be ready to PLAY FOOTBALL again in 6-8 months.

That is all. And my screen name is what it is. That does not affect the reality.

Isn't this the part where someone threatens to sue me for having a difference of opinion on a message board?

Exactly. His injury is one that can be recovered from. However, occasionally complications happen or unmotivated players don't rehab well enough.

Expect the next updates to come in several months when the cast comes off and we can start following the rehab.

There has been no doubt from doctors that he'll be fine. The only doubts have been from posters. And your thing about him starting the season on PUP is a guess. We'll know when we know.

Yeah, silly of us to actually think we might know a little something about it.

But you go right on believing we're "overriding" his statements, rather than just suggesting from experience that things aren't always as straightforward or proceed as smoothly as you believe everything is.

Good screen name, by the way. I'll give you a ring if I need some backup.

Oh, so you've seen his x-rays? You watched the surgery? Looked at his medical history?

Gee, then no wonder you know more than his doctors.