A breath of fresh air

Jerry Jabber

Today's game was definitely a breath of fresh air. This was one of the best games I've seen from the Bills in a long while. Kicking the crap out of the fish at home was awesome!!!! This is not Dick Jauron's team no more, Perry Fewell is quickly putting his stamp on this team. I just wish Jauron would have got the boot at the bye week, that way Fewell had 2 weeks to get ready for the Jags. It's so nice to see a gutsy team going for the win, instead of a ultra-conservative team playing not to lose.

Go Bills, kick the crap out of the Jets!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS, S-U-C-K SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!!!!

Today's game was definitely a breath of fresh air. This was one of the best games I've seen from the Bills in a long while. Kicking the crap out of the fish at home was awesome!!!! This is not Dick Jauron's team no more, Perry Fewell is quickly putting his stamp on this team. I just wish Jauron would have got the boot at the bye week, that way Fewell had 2 weeks to get ready for the Jags. It's so nice to see a gutsy team going for the win, instead of a ultra-conservative team playing not to lose.

Go Bills, kick the crap out of the Jets!! J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS, S-U-C-K SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!!!!

Absolutely!

The fear-based coaching and QBing is gone! Cast out by Fitz and Fewell!

It was fun to watch a Bills game again!!!

No way that Dick allows a 50 yard bomb with the lead following Henne's pick, no way he goes for the FG, that was fun.

And no way he lets them score that last "statement" touchdown at the end....if you have a chance to trample a division rival, you take it....you know Bellichek would have done the same.....nice guys finish last.

And no way he lets them score that last "statement" touchdown at the end....if you have a chance to trample a division rival, you take it....you know Bellichek would have done the same.....nice guys finish last.

And what does that do for a teams confidence? Not to get all mental, but when you are used to barely winning and trying not to lose you lose the confidence. Nice to see our HC show some freaing balls

I agree. No way Dick makes Jackson the starting RB. No way Dick lets Lindell kick a 56 yard FG, he would have punted it away. No way Dick attempts a 50 yard bomb with a 3 point lead, he would have ran 3 running plays, than punted it. And there's no way Dick would have went for another TD, he would have had the QB kneel down to run the clock out.

If only Fewell was the Head Coach to start the year off... Let's just hope we'll have a good remaining 5 games and hopefully the right management, coaching and player decisions will happen in the offseason.

Apparently, it's not as hard to win in the NFL as we were led to believe!

but a yale grad said that so it has to be true, right?

list of other yale grads - Bill Clint, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry.... GWB. they all have something in common with DJ - Talk is cheap. the only one worth a lick is George H.W. Bush. Can't bash a man who was a fighter pilot and got show down in WWII.

Right, maybe if we keep saying this it will be true...

Sure

Apples & oranges.

In that game, the Bills had the lead late in the game and had literally been running over the Jets defense for the entire game. They were deep in their own territory and running the ball would have killed more clock (probably down to the 2-minute warning, if I recall correctly). There was no reason to call a pass there. Even if they didn't make it on 3rd down, they'd punt the ball away and make the Jets go 65-70 yards to win the game.

Yesterday was different. Even though the Bills had the lead late in the game, they had just gotten a turnover and needed to show some balls. I'm sure the coaches called for a run, but Fitz recognized single coverage on TO and took a chance.

No way that Dick allows a 50 yard bomb with the lead following Henne's pick, no way he goes for the FG, that was fun.

I guess we have revisionist history here....

A couple of seasons ago, Dick Jauron went for a 4th and inches in New England to finish the game off in the 4th Qtr and the team couldn't punch it in and Tom Brady said thanks and drove down 99 yards to win the game.

Just a season ago, against the Jets, Jauron put the game in the hands of a "safe" play to win the game and it blew up on his face when JP fumbled the ball and it was picked by the Jets and returned for a TD...

Even in the season opener last year against Denver, on a 3rd and 5 at their own 20 yard line, JP throws a bomb to Lee Evans and missed him....If he connects, the game is over......just like the strike to TO.

If both those plays work, then Jauron would also be called a Genius.... :D

I am not a supporter of Jauron, and would love to see Perry be our HC....But let us not get carried away by decisions...

In all those three incidents, Jauron made the brave call...His Players failed to execute......The blame falls on the Players.

I guess we have revisionist history here....

A couple of seasons ago, Dick Jauron went for a 4th and inches in New England to finish the game off in the 4th Qtr and the team couldn't punch it in and Tom Brady said thanks and drove down 99 yards to win the game.

Just a season ago, against the Jets, Jauron put the game in the hands of a "safe" play to win the game and it blew up on his face when JP fumbled the ball and it was picked by the Jets and returned for a TD...

Even in the season opener last year against Denver, on a 3rd and 5 at their own 20 yard line, JP throws a bomb to Lee Evans and missed him....If he connects, the game is over......just like the strike to TO.

If both those plays work, then Jauron would also be called a Genius.... :D

I am not a supporter of Jauron, and would love to see Perry be our HC....But let us not get carried away by decisions...

In all those three incidents, Jauron made the brave call...His Players failed to execute......The blame falls on the Players.

I think the problem with Jauron was that he always seemed to make aggressive calls at the wrong times. That being said, I know everyone is ecstatic over the win and giving Perry all kinds of praise for the long FG. But it's only a great call because Lindell hit it. It was really a bad decision that worked out well. Lindells odds of hitting that kick were pretty low. The better move would have been to pin Miami deep again and play defense. I know its the conservative, Dick Jauron thing to do, but in this case I think it was the better choice. If Lindell misses the kick, we are pretty much handing Miami the go ahead points. I like the agressiveness from Perry and I love his attitude, I just disagree with that one call. I will that yesterday's game was the most fun I have had at a Bills game in a very long time. I loved beating the Fins and running away with it late. Now let's crush the Jets for 2 division victorys in 5 days.

I think the problem with Jauron was that he always seemed to make aggressive calls at the wrong times. That being said, I know everyone is ecstatic over the win and giving Perry all kinds of praise for the long FG. But it's only a great call because Lindell hit it. It was really a bad decision that worked out well. Lindells odds of hitting that kick were pretty low. The better move would have been to pin Miami deep again and play defense. I know its the conservative, Dick Jauron thing to do, but in this case I think it was the better choice. If Lindell misses the kick, we are pretty much handing Miami the go ahead points. I like the agressiveness from Perry and I love his attitude, I just disagree with that one call. I will that yesterday's game was the most fun I have had at a Bills game in a very long time. I loved beating the Fins and running away with it late. Now let's crush the Jets for 2 division victorys in 5 days.

I agree, he was aggressive at the wrong times and chose the wrong plays when he was being aggressive. When he went for it on 4 and 1 vs the Pats, he went for a run play that took too long to set up.

Apples & oranges.

In that game, the Bills had the lead late in the game and had literally been running over the Jets defense for the entire game. They were deep in their own territory and running the ball would have killed more clock (probably down to the 2-minute warning, if I recall correctly). There was no reason to call a pass there. Even if they didn't make it on 3rd down, they'd punt the ball away and make the Jets go 65-70 yards to win the game.

Yesterday was different. Even though the Bills had the lead late in the game, they had just gotten a turnover and needed to show some balls. I'm sure the coaches called for a run, but Fitz recognized single coverage on TO and took a chance.

We may have been running the ball better in that game. The pass called was also a safe/short rollout in a game where the protection was ok as opposed to a deep drop and pass in the midst of our QB getting pummeled on virtually every throw.

65-70 yards is also an interesting estimate considering we were ahead by 3 points....did the Jets have a High School kicker last year?

You're clearly just thinking backwards like a political partisan does.

But it's only a great call because Lindell hit it. It was really a bad decision that worked out well. Lindells odds of hitting that kick were pretty low. The better move would have been to pin Miami deep again and play defense. I know its the conservative, Dick Jauron thing to do, but in this case I think it was the better choice. If Lindell misses the kick, we are pretty much handing Miami the go ahead points. I like the agressiveness from Perry and I love his attitude, I just disagree with that one call. I will that yesterday's game was the most fun I have had at a Bills game in a very long time. I loved beating the Fins and running away with it late. Now let's crush the Jets for 2 division victorys in 5 days.

Not entirely true, it's a great call because he gave the team the chance to proof something, even if it would have failed I want to bet we would have seen a fired up defense.