Fewell is going to complicate the coaching search big time

PromoTheRobot

Say Fewell wins 5 games, including a win over NE* and he goes 8-8 with a rag tag bunch of street free agents. The Bills are going to have a real hard time picking someone over him. Plus you are going to see a real division between fans wanting to stick with Perry and those who want the marquee hire.

PTR

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say Fewell wins 5 games, including a win over NE* and he goes 8-8 with a rag tag bunch of street free agents. The Bills are going to have a real hard time picking someone over him. Plus you are going to see a real division between fans wanting to stick with Perry and those who want the marquee hire.

PTR

Maybe so but what are the chances that actually happens? I have a hard time seeing this team go better than 2-3 with the scheduled they've got and that is 6-10.

I think they should have won last week as well. Two TD's called back, if they count the Bills win.

They are playing much harder under Fewell, they are playing to win not to lose for a change.

If they win 4 games with this many injuries I would at least give Perry at least the DC job. And a very strong case for HC if they don't get any of the top tier coaches

PTR

Its funny how one play can change the fortunes of a team player or coach..3 yrs ago when Marshawn Inch was a rookie we opened up against the broncos. JP was starting and Jauron was the HC. We went for the kill shot threw the bomb went for the heart and JP overthrew Evans by a mile..The Broncos score a last 2nd fg and win the game...

Fast Forward to today..

Fred Jackson RB Fitz the Qb and Perry the Hc go for the kill connect and end the game..Lets hope the future has more in store...

Guest dog14787

PTR

It would really complicate things ,but it would be a good problem to have.

For my part, he'd have to run the table. Its not so much Fewell that concerns me, but his ability to hire a quality offensive coordinator. As long as they continue to be one of the league's bottom feeders offensively as they have been for almost a decade now, they're going to struggle to avoid a ten loss season. I'm going to have to see some real evidence that he can turn that around before I jump on the bandwagon, and a 31 point outing against a team on pace to allow about 400 this year doesn't account for all that much.

More often than not, the Bills beat the garbage teams and that's how they went 7-9 every year, even under Jauron. Lets see what happens against the Patriots and the Colts, when they have to play two strong playoff caliber teams.

Even if Fewell wins out, how are a few wins going to POSSIBLY match up again men who are going to showcase resumes with fifteen year long track records of success and Super Bowl Rings??!!??

If Perry finishs the season with 5 wins and the team continues to make strides i believe Ralph hires a GM and retains Perry as head coach.That would be good news for us as fans also because if we sign a Coach/Gm for $10 million ticket prices will be going up.No way Ralph pays 10 million for a GM only

For my part, he'd have to run the table. Its not so much Fewell that concerns me, but his ability to hire a quality offensive coordinator. As long as they continue to be one of the league's bottom feeders offensively as they have been for almost a decade now, they're going to struggle to avoid a ten loss season. I'm going to have to see some real evidence that he can turn that around before I jump on the bandwagon, and a 31 point outing against a team on pace to allow about 400 this year doesn't account for all that much.

More often than not, the Bills beat the garbage teams and that's how they went 7-9 every year, even under Jauron. Lets see what happens against the Patriots and the Colts, when they have to play two strong playoff caliber teams.

ok lets say Perry leads them to wins over the Jets, KC and Falcons and splits between NE and the Colts.

I would have a hard time not keeping him unless we get Cowher or Shanahan.

They could get an OC like Billick . I would spend the Money on a Real GM .

What if they kept Perry and spent buku bucks on a top notch GM? Fire Modrak and Guy and get better people in charge of college and pro scouting?

:flirt:

I like this idea the best.

Modrak and Guy have had a bigger hand in the past 8 years of terrible play than many acknowledge.

There is currently another post on this site about Parcells not being bound by any contract in Miami, and possibly getting sick of the act by Dolphin minority owners Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez.

No one has even mentioned a whisper of this, but if I am allowed to dream, Parcells as GM of the Bills would be a dream come true.

PTR

No Way!!!!!!!!!! He is INTERIM Get a real coach, new front office and clean up this F##king Mess NOW!!!!!

I have to say, this team has looked very different under Perry, I like that he practiced them in the elements. He also seemed to make second half adjustments, which was unheard of under DJ. He also seems to have allowed AVP to open things up a bit, and in two games under PF, we have seen significant improvement on offense. Lets see if the discipline improves.

PTR

thanks

EZC

PTR

It would not be a horrible idea, given recent success of coordinators-turned-head coach...

Even if Fewell wins out, how are a few wins going to POSSIBLY match up again men who are going to showcase resumes with fifteen year long track records of success and Super Bowl Rings??!!??

Who says that those $10 million guys who HAD a fifteen year long track record of success and Super Bowl Rings, 5-10 years ago, will be able to come in as a Head Coach and do anything here?

Look at this...I cannot find a BETTER argument, and don't believe I will see one...

These are guys who were pretty good coordinators and were hired as Head Coaches. They have ALL really turned around the culture and atmospshere of their respective franchises, and all those teams tend to be some of the best in the NFL...year in and year out.

Perry Fewell seems to fit the pattern, although I believe we need an offensive guy.

Miami Dolphins - Tony Sparano (never a HC)

New York Jets - Rex Ryan (never a HC)

Baltimore Ravens - John Harbaugh (never a HC)

Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Tomlin (never a HC)

Indianapolis Colts - Jim Caldwell (never a HC)

Denver Broncos - Josh McDaniels (never a HC)

San Francisco 49ers - Mike Singletary (never a HC)

Houston Texans - Gary Kubiak (was never a HC)

Chicago Bears - Lovie Smith (was never a HC)

Green Bay Packers - Mike McCarthy (was never a HC)

Minnesota Vikings - Brad Childress (was never a HC)

Atlanta Falcons - Mike Smith (was never a HC)

New Orleans - Sean Payton (was never a HC)

Arizona Cardinals - Ken Whisenhunt (was never a HC)

No Way!!!!!!!!!! He is INTERIM Get a real coach, new front office and clean up this F##king Mess NOW!!!!!

Keep him and surround him with a front office that can find him talent to play with...and an offensive staff that can match up with his defensive staff...I

I would love to see what this guy could do then!