Whitner

Dan

Come on guys, you know you want to show Donte some lovin. He played a solid, all around game - got pressure on the QB, stopped some runs, covered slot receivers, got a good interception.

The defense is better when he's on the field.

He did play pretty well. Ricky Williams ran him the f over in the 1st quarter though. I replayed it several times. Ricky is an absolute beast.

Ricky Williams has run over d-linemen and linebackers as well....he is a strong, powerful back.

Whitner played a solid game today and was in on a number of plays including the late interception. There is significant competition at the safety position so he certainly knows that must continue to pick up his level of play or he will ride the bench.

Come on guys, you know you want to show Donte some lovin. He played a solid, all around game - got pressure on the QB, stopped some runs, covered slot receivers, got a good interception.

The defense is better when he's on the field.

The problem is, he was not drafted to be solid. He was drafted to be a star on the D. I have not given up on him but he needs to play solid every week.

I also don't blame him for Ricky's first half. These LB's are over matched. It must be hard to be the run stuffing saftey we need when the LB's can't stop the run.

Overall you are right. Good game Donte!!

Go Bills

Ricky Williams has run over d-linemen and linebackers as well....he is a strong, powerful back.

Whitner played a solid game today and was in on a number of plays including the late interception. There is significant competition at the safety position so he certainly knows that must continue to pick up his level of play or he will ride the bench.

though he'll never be Ed Reed, he is an above average saftey, and has great football instincts. his biggest weakness is he is short and slow. yea, kind of like most of the bills. that said, he's a solid player and is best when he is moved around a ton, which fewell is doing more of.

im OK with Perry at HC and AVP as OC as long as 1.) we get a real talent evaluator in here (say gabriel from the bears) 2.) get a real QB unless Fitz shows he can stop throwing INTs (for his career he is in the red, and this year is no different) 3.) trade Marshawn/roscoe for whatever we can get

though he'll never be Ed Reed, he is an above average saftey, and has great football instincts. his biggest weakness is he is short and slow. yea, kind of like most of the bills. that said, he's a solid player and is best when he is moved around a ton, which fewell is doing more of.

im OK with Perry at HC and AVP as OC as long as 1.) we get a real talent evaluator in here (say gabriel from the bears) 2.) get a real QB unless Fitz shows he can stop throwing INTs (for his career he is in the red, and this year is no different) 3.) trade Marshawn/roscoe for whatever we can get

Agree on everything but the Marshawn trade. NFL teams need 2-3 goods backs. Keep Lynch

Go Bills

Take a look at the rushing stats in the games Whitner has played the entire game and the games he hasnt played. He's probably been our best player on defense. Early in the year, our defense was stopping people because Whitner and Scott were stopping the run in the box. Byrd has been great against the pass but losing Whitner was the worst thing that happened to this defense.

Take a look at the rushing stats in the games Whitner has played the entire game and the games he hasnt played. He's probably been our best player on defense. Early in the year, our defense was stopping people because Whitner and Scott were stopping the run in the box. Byrd has been great against the pass but losing Whitner was the worst thing that happened to this defense.

I agree. Losing Whitner is similar to the Steel Curtain losing Mean Joe Green. We can't afford to be without this superstar.

I agree. Losing Whitner is similar to the Steel Curtain losing Mean Joe Green. We can't afford to ne without this superstar.

Dude, you gotta let it go. Seriously. Whitner didn't draft himself. He is one of the better safties in the league and was playing at a pro bowl level before he got hurt. He is a great leader who loves being a Bill. I jsut get why people have continue to bash him for something he had no control over. You could do a million times worse than drafting a solid player like Whitner.

I agree. Losing Whitner is similar to the Steel Curtain losing Mean Joe Green. We can't afford to ne without this superstar.

Apparently you don't watch the games or know nothing about football.

Here are the rushing stats for the Bills this year:

1. 73

2. 57

3. The game Whitner got hurt early: 222

4. 250

5. 171

6. 318

8. 182

Whitner returns for game 10

10. 102

11. 157

In other words, watch the games.

The reason we were decent early is because Whitner and Scott closed quick and made stops close to the LOS. As soon as Whitner and then Scott were out, 2 yard gains became 7-8 yard gains. I love what Byrd brings and the intensity of Wilson, but Whitner was our MVP early, and losing him killed our defense. He was our best player on defense today, although Florence made the big plays.

1. 73

2. 57

4. 250

5. 171

6. 318

8. 182

10. 102

11. 157

The reason we were decent early is because Whitner and Scott closed quick and made stops close to the LOS. As soon as Whitner and then Scott were out, 2 yard gains became 7-8 yard gains. I love what Byrd brings and the intensity of Wilson, but Whitner was our MVP early, and losing him killed our defense. He was our best player on defense today, although Florence made the big plays.

Bill is a great poster but he just will always hate DW. I've posted other stats about how much better our pass defense was in games he played in then games he missed.

1. 73

2. 57

4. 250

5. 171

6. 318

8. 182

10. 102

11. 157

The defense was also worse without Poz no? Or, did he make no difference? Please stop defending Levy and the idiotic selection of Donte Whitner. He would have been a pretty good 3rd round pick but that's about it.

Oh but congrats. He did have a fairly good game today. Maybe it will boost him into the starting lineup lol.

The defense was also worse without Poz no? Or, did he make no difference? Please stop defending Levy and the idiotic selection of Donte Whitner. He would have been a pretty good 3rd round pick but that's about it.

Oh but congrats. He did have a fairly good game today. Maybe it will boost him into the starting lineup lol.

Poz is decent. IMO, Stroud is our best and most important defensive player and Whitner is probably second, regardless of stats. Your obsession with DBs is completely unfounded. As I asked in another thread, what were our best years, and who did we draft? 1990 #1 James Williams DB. 1991 #1 Henry Jones DB. 1992 #1 John Fina OT. 1993 #1 Thomas Smith DB. 1994 #1 Jeff Burris DB.

Want to argue that?

Poz is decent. IMO, Stroud is our best and most important defensive player and Whitner is probably second, regardless of stats. Your obsession with DBs is completely unfounded. As I asked in another thread, what were our best years, and who did we draft? 1990 #1 James Williams DB. 1991 #1 Henry Jones DB. 1992 #1 John Fina OT. 1993 #1 Thomas Smith DB. 1994 #1 Jeff Burris DB.

Want to argue that?

What was our draft position? Was it #8? Or #11?

It would seem evident to one who isn't hell bent on kissing Marv Levy's ass that the disgraceful first round picks listed above coincided with the downfall of the Bills. They didn't make plans to replace our players that truly were stars. They let good ol' Marv bring in the dbs and take the team down. Did you like his repeat performance in 06? You must have.

Do you think it was a good move to draft Whitner in 06 while turning down numerous trade offers? Do you think that the way to rebuild a team begins with the secondary? Are you happy about Youboty and Ko Simpson?

Never mind. Why not compose a love sonnet to Marv Levy. :D