Spectacular Day!!!

Kipers Hair

Actually showed up on the stat sheet with a tackle!!! I know today is a feel good day, but when we come back to earth, can we finally admit - he has about as good a chance as Steve Tasket to make it as a DE in the NFL. I watched him several times - stuffed, run off the scene, thrown down...bust...busting...busted.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually showed up on the stat sheet with a tackle!!! I know today is a feel good day, but when we come back to earth, can we finally admit - he has about as good a chance as Steve Tasket to make it as a DE in the NFL. I watched him several times - stuffed, run off the scene, thrown down...bust...busting...busted.

He played ok today. He was great on kickoff coverage and had a few counter moves today. I have said all season he should have played at OLB. I have no idea, well actually I do - DJ is a f-in moron, why he was not moved to OLB at the bye after Kavika went down.

"A tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket."

Where were we? Oh, yes, Maybin is a basket case right now.

I watched him all day as I had seats 10 rows up from the Bills sideline. All that I can say is the kid is extremely into the game. He was motivating other players and has alot of personality. As far as his play on the field, he did get pushed around alot. He needs to put some meat onto his lower body to get him some push. Give the kid some time to grow. I think he will be just fine.

I watched him all day as I had seats 10 rows up from the Bills sideline. All that I can say is the kid is extremely into the game. He was motivating other players and has alot of personality. As far as his play on the field, he did get pushed around alot. He needs to put some meat onto his lower body to get him some push. Give the kid some time to grow. I think he will be just fine.

Wrong. I was there too. Every time he rushed the passer he got nonchalantly pushed up the field. He's out of his league. It still drives me nuts that we drafted him. He will not be a DE in this league for long.

Dudes a linebacker, looks like a high school kid lining up at DE.

At this point, we wait and see what a new coaching staff and GM have in mind for him. Not to mention give him an off-season with NFL trainers to see if he can bulk up.

We all knew he was not going to be a star this season. He didn't even start for 2 years at PSU. I will be the first to call him a bust this time next year if we see no development. But until then....... keep your pants on people.

He has a LB's body, but so does your Aunt Matilda. :flirt:

You think - seriously, I think he is almost too lean for a LB too. He is build closer to Terrel Owens or Andre Johnson....long and lean - last time I saw a neck like his, it was coming out of the chest cavity of our Thanksgiving turkey....

He's 22 years old and hasn't had a single offseason to bulk up. Way, way too early..

I don't recall anyone ever saying that about Bruce Smith.

It's perfectly obvious to me that Maybin was drafted in anticipation of DJ being fired and a defensive switch to a 3-4 scheme. They are letting him take his licks now at DE thinking that he will be prepared to be a dominating LB in the 3-4. At least, I would like to think that is the logic there.

It has also been obvious to me that the guy was born to be an OLB and until we see him utilized in that way, I think it is premature to call him a bust. But it is more than clear that we can all forget about him ever playing DE at a satisfactory level in the NFL.