I know this win probably hurts our draft position

I just can't believe that DJ was holding this team back so much. I mean they are not making anyone forget about the 1990 team, but the Bills have been much more fun to watch the past two weeks.

And anytime they beat the fish is a good day :blink:

A lot of these guys are on the team next year regardless of the coach so you want to see them suceed. I hate playing for draft position every year. Good teams draft well regardless of spot.

I agree. Go out and win. So what if it costs a few slots on the draft board. I would much rather have the team finish on a decent streak with confidence as opposed to a bunch of losers with the #3 pick.

Why are so many obsessed with our draft position? Isn't the goal to win as many games as possible or did I miss something?

The goal is to win the Superbowl. If we are not going to win it this year, the next goal is to do whatever it takes to improve our chances next year. That includes securing the best draft picks possible. 2 ways to assure getting the best picks possible are: 1.) drafting early in the round so you have your pick of the best talent and 2.) Hiring competent Front office people to choose the talent.

We've been pretty good at #1 over the last few years but not at #2. Hopefully that changes this year.

Amazing how you change out the HC and QB and all of a sudden the deep ball is there?

Actually this was the Bills' version of what we occasionally see from teams as bad as the Raiders, Chiefs and Lions.

It wasn't a complete reversal of fortunes.

Having said that, I agree that it is great to see a win like this, especially against the Dolphins. I never have been able to consider the Patriots or any other team a worse "enemy" than Miami. It was really painful the way the first game against them went.

Now it's interesting to think that with Sanchez hurt, the Jets may be vulnerable to being swept by the Bills. Forget the draft position, a few division wins goes a long way toward soothing the pain of recent years.

The goal is to win the Superbowl. If we are not going to win it this year, the next goal is to do whatever it takes to improve our chances next year. That includes securing the best draft picks possible. 2 ways to assure getting the best picks possible are: 1.) drafting early in the round so you have your pick of the best talent and 2.) Hiring competent Front office people to choose the talent.

We've been pretty good at #1 over the last few years but not at #2. Hopefully that changes this year.

So any team that does not have a chance to win the SB should lose the rest of their games?

NO not another Whitner

Another defensive leader and game changer would be horrible. DW has made a big impact of the game the last two weeks. Although if we run him out of town, it would be good fodder when he went to another team and was a perennial Pro-Bowler. He may not have all the picks and sacks that make his stat line sexy, but he is an important player and key to our D's success. If we could get another player that to come in and contribute as much as DW, I would be happy.

As far as draft position goes...you play to win the game. You don't take a dive to get a higher pick. It is funny how teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, etc. continue to make their team better through the draft. They fill the holes on their teams and get stronger moving forward. All the high draft picks in the world haven't saved the Raiders, Browns, Lions, etc. A teams's place in the draft may involve a little more creativity to get a specific player, but a good scouting should give you multiple choices of players to make the team better.

To instill a losing attitude to try to get a higher draft pick is Bush League, and I was a little shocked how much I kept hearing that in the stands today. You can read everywhere about all the high QB's that were busts, but I feel that had they been drafted into the right system and brought along correctly that Quinn (still time,) Carr, Harrington, Losman, and many others could have been good to great NFL QB's. If it was ever suggested anywhere that the team take a dive to get a higher pick, I would hope mutiny would follow.

If we have a coveted player, we will just need to trade up, that's what teams that are building for success do, not take a dive to pick a spot higher.

Another defensive leader and game changer would be horrible. DW has made a big impact of the game the last two weeks. Although if we run him out of town, it would be good fodder when he went to another team and was a perennial Pro-Bowler. He may not have all the picks and sacks that make his stat line sexy, but he is an important player and key to our D's success. If we could get another player that to come in and contribute as much as DW, I would be happy.

As far as draft position goes...you play to win the game. You don't take a dive to get a higher pick. It is funny how teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Colts, etc. continue to make their team better through the draft. They fill the holes on their teams and get stronger moving forward. All the high draft picks in the world haven't saved the Raiders, Browns, Lions, etc. A teams's place in the draft may involve a little more creativity to get a specific player, but a good scouting should give you multiple choices of players to make the team better.

To instill a losing attitude to try to get a higher draft pick is Bush League, and I was a little shocked how much I kept hearing that in the stands today. You can read everywhere about all the high QB's that were busts, but I feel that had they been drafted into the right system and brought along correctly that Quinn (still time,) Carr, Harrington, Losman, and many others could have been good to great NFL QB's. If it was ever suggested anywhere that the team take a dive to get a higher pick, I would hope mutiny would follow.

If we have a coveted player, we will just need to trade up, that's what teams that are building for success do, not take a dive to pick a spot higher.

100% agreed