Best college QB

BUFFALOTONE

I don't know how many of you watched the LSU game last night but Mallett was unbelievable, made all f the throws and then some. He is pretty statuesque in the pocket but the kid has a cannon and plays in an actual pro style offense. With a little footwork and the right QB coach this guy will be a star. Reminds me of Carson Palmer before he came out.

If he declares and is there when we pick its a no=brainer. Watch this kids stock fly before the draft.

I don't know how many of you watched the LSU game last night but Mallett was unbelievable, made all f the throws and then some. He is pretty statuesque in the pocket but the kid has a cannon and plays in an actual pro style offense. With a little footwork and the right QB coach this guy will be a star. Reminds me of Carson Palmer before he came out.

If he declares and is there when we pick its a no=brainer. Watch this kids stock fly before the draft.

17/39 227 5.8 1 1 :)

I've watched him quite a bit this year and he's nowhere near the best qb in college, although he does have all the tools to be. IMO Clausen is far and away the best and he can step right in and start as a rookie. Mallet is raw and a bit of a project.

Let's call him.......Jamarcus Russel.

He didn't have his best game last night. His receivers were dropping passes and Mallett himself was off target for much of the game as well.

I think he's actually a lot closer to being NFL ready than most probably do. His arm gets all of the attention, but Mallett is a smart QB, who has already mastered a complex Arkansas offense, knows how to read defenses, doesn't lock onto his #1 receiver, and despite having that gunslinger mentality, he very rarely makes a stupid throw. The only thing he lacks is consistency, which is more related to his passing mechanics and footwork and adversely affects his accuracy.

He still needs some work, no doubt, and I'm not sure that he should declare for this years draft, but if he did, I would not pass on him, even with the 6th-10th overall pick the Bills are likely to have. I don't think his potential to bust is substantially higher than any other QB in this draft, but with a little patience and some good coaching, I think his potential is unlimited.

17/39 227 5.8 1 1 :)

I've watched him quite a bit this year and he's nowhere near the best qb in college, although he does have all the tools to be. IMO Clausen is far and away the best and he can step right in and start as a rookie. Mallet is raw and a bit of a project.

Forget the numbers the guy as a little raw but is the best QB in college. Forget the sprwad BS that every one of these QBs from big time programs run. Clausen is the only other QB in a pro style offense and doesn't have the arm Mallett does. Clausen also has a hell of a lot better supporting cast. Mallett has 1 WR who may play at the next level.

And the Russell comment is just retarded.

I don't watch college football or listen too much but from time to time I'll listen to sports radio or watch a game. From what I have actually seen, my favorite QB is the guy from Houston. Why is he never mentioned? I have heard about some dude name Jay Clocker but have never seen him play. I'm not sure where he goes to school.

I don't watch college football or listen too much but from time to time I'll listen to sports radio or watch a game. From what I have actually seen, my favorite QB is the guy from Houston. Why is he never mentioned? I have heard about some dude name Jay Clocker but have never seen him play. I'm not sure where he goes to school.

Case Keenum is a heck of a player b ut seems to be a system QB. Very inconsistent throughout the year.

Wow. Mallet is friggin horrible!

Thanks for the comment, care to elaborate or just spew nonsenes. Keep eating the drivel that ESPN feeds you about, Mcoy, Tebow, Clausen and Bradford. If Mallett stays another year he will be the #1 pick next year.

Thanks for the comment, care to elaborate or just spew nonsenes. Keep eating the drivel that ESPN feeds you about, Mcoy, Tebow, Clausen and Bradford. If Mallett stays another year he will be the #1 pick next year.

I watched Mallett last night. A lot of his throws sailed high. He has a gun, but that's about all you can say for him. He missed a lot of open receivers. He should definitely go back for another year, and that's what I think he is expected to do.

If we're drafting in the top 10, the only way I'd give him a look is in the second round.

The one qb who has impressed me as much as any qb is Tony Pike of Cincinatti. He is tall and lean (too lean) and throws a nice accurate ball. While Mallett might have a stronger arm, Pike has better touch on his ball. Would I take him with a high first round pick? Not sure I would. But if he was available in the second round I would take him.

What the Bills need to find out this year is whether Brian Brohm can play. He was terrific at Louisville but he struggled his first couple of years at Green Bay. Some qbs can adapt to the pro game quicker than others. But some more slowly developing qbs eventually become better qbs in the long run. Warner at Arizona is a classic example of that. Garcia is another qb who took some time to develop but eventually became a very good qb.

What is clear about the Bills situation, as it has been for more than a decade, unless the OL is upgraded no qb can be fairly assessed because the qb has little chance to succeed while under constant seige.

Forget the numbers the guy as a little raw but is the best QB in college. Forget the sprwad BS that every one of these QBs from big time programs run. Clausen is the only other QB in a pro style offense and doesn't have the arm Mallett does. Clausen also has a hell of a lot better supporting cast. Mallett has 1 WR who may play at the next level.

And the Russell comment is just retarded.

Really? A big strongarmed pocket passer from LSU (!) who races up the draft chart?

Arkansas runs the spread, no?

Not really. Although Mallett gets all of the publicity, the Razorbacks run a balanced offense where Mallet takes about half of the snaps under center. They do use a lot of multiple WR sets, but its not uncommon to see them line up in a two TE formation and run the ball, either. Its probably the closest to being a pro style offense that any of these QBs play in with the exception of Clausen.

I suppose I should also add that they're not one of those offenses that throws screen passes to the WRs all day, either. They're pretty aggressive in throwing downfield, and that's also part of the reason why Mallett is a 57% passer. He's not throwing many high percentage dump offs.

Not...that there is anything wrong with that! :)

What the Bills need to find out this year is whether Brian Brohm can play. He was terrific at Louisville but he struggled his first couple of years at Green Bay. Some qbs can adapt to the pro game quicker than others. But some more slowly developing qbs eventually become better qbs in the long run. Warner at Arizona is a classic example of that. Garcia is another qb who took some time to develop but eventually became a very good qb.

Aaron Rodgers also benefited greatly from sitting on the bench and watching Favre for a few years. Contrast his development to that of his fellow draftee, Alex Smith.

Looking down the road, the redshirt freshman from Stanford, Oliver Luck (it's not Lock) is going to be excellent. His dad was a QB for the Houston Oilers for four years. He's big, strong, smart, and is getting great coaching at Stanford in a pro style offense.

Aaron Rodgers also benefited greatly from sitting on the bench and watching Favre for a few years. Contrast his development to that of his fellow draftee, Alex Smith.

Looking down the road, the redshirt freshman from Stanford, Oliver Luck (it's not Lock) is going to be excellent. His dad was a QB for the Houston Oilers for four years. He's big, strong, smart, and is getting great coaching at Stanford in a pro style offense.

I think we are ruling out Stanford QB's, along with Texas players, or anyone from California.