Best college QB

BUFFALOTONE

Arkansas runs the spread, no? Avoid spread offense QB's like poison. Maybe a second-day flier, but look at guys like Alex Smith and Vince Young. It just doesn't translate to the pro game at the QB position.

Smith and Young have looked great this year, it just took them a couple years to adapt to the NFL. I understand your point though, I wouldn't select them in the top 10, but would take them later in the first or high in the second.

Agreed. I've watched this guy since he came to Michigan and now on to Arkansas. The guy is terrible. He makes terrible decisions, has no mobility, makes bad throws. He has a strong arm, but that's about it. No way he makes it as an NFL QB.

Ye I usually don't have a problem with your stuff, but not this time.

Mallet's improvement from early in the season to this point has been marked. He's not 'mobile' but he moves well. He keeps his eyes down field when pressured and can deliver the ball.

He's not a accurate as you would like, but that can be fixed. If he stays in school keep an eye on him.

If he comes out the only QB I've seen that I prefer might be Bradford. (I haven't watched ND or Mich St at all)

I like the kid.

I don't know much about college QBs - I like Tebow. I don't know how his ability will translate to the NFL. But I like his fire.

But someone here has been championing Pike from Cincinnati. I saw the Cin v Ill game on Saturday and I like how he played. But that was just one game. So maybe if he plays that way week to week, I'll support that pick.

His temperament and style I think will play well here in Buffalo. Plus he plays in a northern town, in the elements - outdoors. Lots to be said for that.

C

Great analysis. I agree with you. I don't think he is the best college QB, but I think your comment about his potential is right on. I think that with the right coach and program, his potential is much greater than the other QB's coming out. A lot of their success is that they have a great supporting cast and don't play that great a competition.

I guess we will have to wait for the combine, but I would not be surprised if he moves up as time goes by.

For those in this thread who seem to be enamored with Mallett, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. That being said, because of his transfer and everything, he's a red shirt sophomore at this point, and I see no reason he would come out this year. As the previous poster said, he would likely be drafted in the mid rounds, and he'll get a shot somewhere. I just don't see him amounting to anything at the NFL level. Great arm strength, but way too many bad decisions, missed throws, bad mobility, etc.