• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
great, we need an oc

Not that one we don't, he's the madman that spawned the Fairchild experiment and we probably still carry remnants of his madness...

Besides, Martz's last stint with the 49ers pretty much proved his offense is ineffective in this day and age in the National Football League.

If its an offensive Guru you want, someone that could reinvent what we call an NFL Offense, someone that really understands the fundamentals of football, an overachieving underdog that is as much fun to listen to as it is to watch him coach, then this is the guy for you.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=101662

Wow, a Martz selection could make a lot of sense in so many areas, especially at the QB position. Although we are in dire need of a major offensive facelift, I think that a physical-type offense would be more befitting for our climate versus a precision-type offense like the one that Martz ran in St Louis.

Guest dog14787
Perhaps the Bills have more leverage with Shanny and other potential HCs than some have suggested?

10 million a year and part ownership of the Bills sounds like a tasty offer and any sane Coach in the nation that's out of a job would have to take some interest in the Buffalo Bills with an offer like that on the table.

Another good marketing ploy by Russ Brandon in my opinion, Geesh, just when I really didn't like the guy.

It says the Buffalo Bills are for real...

Like him or not, Martz does have a solid track record for bringing along QBs:

Trent Green and Kurt Warner both cut their teeth playing for him. Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna and Shaun Hill were even viable starting QBs under his tutelage. Maybe he seems something in Trent that is salvagable. After all, Trent's problem is a mental one, rather than a physical one. I think he would also provide a decent evaluation of Brohm. And let's not forget that he is already very familiar with Fitzpatrick, whom he drafted and groomed back in St. Louis.

Clearly a second tier choice, but I would rather have Martz than Haslett. Actually, if Fewell excels (and he IS starting to grow on me), I could live with him as HC and Martz as OC.

If Martz is interested, maybe his buddy Mooch over at the NFL Network is also game.

Trent Green and Kurt Warner both cut their teeth playing for him. Marc Bulger, Jon Kitna and Shaun Hill were even viable starting QBs under his tutelage. Maybe he seems something in Trent that is salvagable. After all, Trent's problem is a mental one, rather than a physical one. I think he would also provide a decent evaluation of Brohm. And let's not forget that he is already very familiar with Fitzpatrick, whom he drafted and groomed back in St. Louis.

Clearly a second tier choice, but I would rather have Martz than Haslett. Actually, if Fewell excels (and he IS starting to grow on me), I could live with him as HC and Martz as OC.

If Martz is interested, maybe his buddy Mooch over at the NFL Network is also game.

Trent's problem is he doesn't have heart. You can't coach that.

I agree with you, didn' t Martz run the Greatest show on Turf? Granted we don't have Kurt Warner but I think Martz could do some things with the talent the Bills have on Offense.

And a plus to all the Martz talk is you would see Fewell as Assitant HC/DC. And it would not take 10 mill to sign the guy.

I think this is a pretty good plan B choice if we don't get Shanahan.