shanny revisited

cwchze

My previous post shannahan end of debate tells why shannahan fits here.

now reasons why shanahan would consider buffalo.

1.bills have no debt!!the money is rolling in especially from toronto with that

76 million dollar deal.Plus after the 5 years are up, I guarantee the sign again.once again

ZERO DEBT.

2.Brandon is the president of this organization and a damn good one if

you ask me.he spearheaded a great draft from last year(maybin will pan out).

got rid of the dick and is now going after the biggest fish in the sea.

3.Lets face it ralph is 91...he is not going to meddle(too old,plus he wants to win).this

gives shanny freedom to do what nees to be done.

4. next year no cap..he can go out and get the players we need immediately to

fix this shithole.(if you're a player,who do you want to call you dick jauron or ms cmon...)

5.keeps him in the afc,you know he wants to stick it to the broncos

6.buffalo is perfect for running the ball...cold weather, he will get the horses...

7.Lastly the fan base.We are a rabid fan base just like denver.He will be treated

like a god,just like kelly is now.....

LAUGHING STOCKS NO MORE

The more I think about it, the more I feel Shanahan is just using the Bills to set the market for his services, and he has no intention of coming here.

BOOOOO...but good obeservation.

lol...I'm excited to find out what happens, but the more I think about it the more I just don't think it's going to happen. I don't care if we sign the guy or not, I just hope that whoever we bring in can right this ship.

The most encouraging thing we can take from Ralph's aborting this season is that he said they're going to spend money to bring professional management back into the franchise. At least he had enough of the incompetent buffoonery running rampant in the organization. Who they bring in and how much change that will be is to be determined. There are at least six GM candidates and an equal number of HC possibilities - any combination of which would be a huge improvement over the former status quo. Hell, a new GM might keep Fewell - and he might turn out to be pretty damn good.

The Bills have had no debt for years but have let player after player leave in free agency.

The owner is 91 and who knows what happens after he goes.

The Bills are in a shambles and need a total rebuild. Does Shanny want to start over with no QB.

Just because there is no cap does not mean you can go out and spend what you want, there are still rules in place to stop this

We do have a rabid fan base but very weak corporate sponsorship, company suites and etc..

Bills are a small market team, Shanny likes the limelight with his considerable EGO

The more I think about it, the more I feel Shanahan is just using the Bills to set the market for his services, and he has no intention of coming here.

especially if he can convince some team that the Bills actually offered $10 mil + and a piece of ownership

The most encouraging thing we can take from Ralph's aborting this season is that he said they're going to spend money to bring professional management back into the franchise. At least he had enough of the incompetent buffoonery running rampant in the organization. Who they bring in and how much change that will be is to be determined. There are at least six GM candidates and an equal number of HC possibilities - any combination of which would be a huge improvement over the former status quo. Hell, a new GM might keep Fewell - and he might turn out to be pretty damn good.

please post a link to where actually says he is "going to spend money to bring professional management back into the franchise"

The quote I remember from the day they fired Dick is that it was a "possibility" they would review the front office.

So far the only development is Jauron got fired. Don't get the cart in front of the horse. Just words so far and a meeting with Shanahan. Nothing really to get excited about or hopes up. I'll billieve when I see it.

76 million dollar deal.Plus after the 5 years are up, I guarantee the sign again.once again

ZERO DEBT.

How is this important to a player personnel man or a coach? It's not. It's important to an owner or a potential owner, but not to a GM or coach.

It's way way too early to call last year's draft great. That's my guess too, but it's way too early to know. The year after the Marshawn-Poz-Trent draft people were going crazy about what a terrific draft that way. Doesn't look so hot now, does it? Brandon may be a terrific guy on the business side, but he has shown absolutely nothing on the personnel side.

3.Lets face it ralph is 91...he is not going to meddle(too old,plus he wants to win).this

This may be your least worthwhile point. What does age have to do with meddlesomeness. Ralph has become more hands-on with age, not less.

fix this shithole.(if you're a player,who do you want to call you dick jauron or ms cmon...)

We have no idea what will happen with the uncapped year, but one thing we can be sure of is that if the money goes crazy, the Giants, Cowboys, Skins, etc., the big market teams have a hell of a lot more money to throw around than we do.

I doubt he cares enough for this to be a factor.

6.buffalo is perfect for running the ball...cold weather, he will get the horses...

Any city is perfect for running the ball. Except for a city which has most likely the worst OL in the league. He will have the same trouble getting the horses here that he will anywhere, the unsureness of the draft, injuries, yadda yadda yadda. I love Shanahan's ability to run the ball through thick and thin, and I think it's a great reason to get him in here. But there's nothing about Buffalo which will make running the ball easier.

7.Lastly the fan base.We are a rabid fan base just like denver.He will be treated

Yeah, OK.

LAUGHING STOCKS NO MORE

ZERO DEBT.

LAUGHING STOCKS NO MORE

Mr. Wilson, at least have the guts to use your own name when posting a topic here.

From Yahoo:

"The point is that the '97 and '98 Shanahan magic might not be there anymore. In fact, in the ten years he coached since then, he's won in the playoffs just once. Now, I'm not one of those people who believe Shanahan only won because he had John Elway under center, but I do happen to believe that the ten years since then matter, too.

When we last left Mike Shanahan, he'd lost half of his last 48 games, and missed the playoffs three straight years. He had made some brutal personnel decisions, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. He had even lost his magical ability to make a 1,000-yard runner out of anyone with two legs."

Shanahan was a disaster as a de facto GM. Most peculiar was his fixation with former Cleveland Browns defensive linemen. From ESPN.com and Len Pasquarelli:

"On Monday, the Broncos released defensive end Courtney Brown, the top prospect taken in the 2000 draft, but also one of the most star-crossed players in recent NFL history in his tenures with Denver and Cleveland. And less than 24 hours later, apparently because they had dipped below their self-imposed quota of onetime Cleveland front four players on the roster, the Broncos signed former Browns tackle and unrestricted free agent Alvin McKinley to a four-year, $8 million contract.

It extended the Broncos' inexplicable fixation with former Cleveland defensive linemen, as McKinley, amazingly, became the eighth one acquired by Denver since 2005.

The Browns-to-Broncos roll call: Denver traded for end Ebenezer Ekuban and tackles Gerard Warren and Michael Myers, all in 2005. Signed as free agents were Brown (2005) and Kenard Lang (2006) and tackles McKinley (2007) and Corey Jackson (2005). The Broncos also claimed end Amon Gordon on waivers (2006)."

Shanahan also overspent for players and the payroll was burgeoning. This is another one of the reasons that Bowlen fired him.