as suspected - Perry is a moron

vegas55

The end of the first half was absolutely terrible clock management. But you're completely wrong about the end of the game. You keep the timeout in your pocket to set up the field goal. Your offense should be able to get 10 yards given 3 downs to work with.

Agreed in principle, but he shouldn't have even had a timeout left in his pocket if he had properly used his first one with 1:50 left on 1st/goal at their own 4.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed in principle, but he shouldn't have even had a timeout left in his pocket if he had properly used his first one with 1:50 left on 1st/goal at their own 4.

Now that's true, and pretty much undercuts any defense I could make of his clock management, especially when combined with the end of the first half. What'd they lose, about 30 seconds on that play?

You are then dumber than Fewell - quite a feat. Dont need a timeout to set up a field goal - when in range you can spike it then - moron do you understand that the bills ran out of time & downs but still had a timeout that they never used

I thought about it at the time that they should take their timeouts to leave them some time. BUT if you use your times outs, lets say they stop Jax, then the Bills have 1st and 10 on their own one yeard line with like 2 minutes to go. If you used your time outs then Jax didn't need to use theirs. More than like we'd run into the middle three times, which most teams with the lead and on your own one yead line would do the same. So Jax takes their time outs and we're now punting from our own one yard line with maybe over one minute left. We're only up five so taking an intentional safety is out as then a field goal would tie it.

Having said that I didn't think letting the clock go was so bad as if you stopped them and we then were stopped, there wasn't going to be much time left for Jax to get the ball back with. I've seen teams in simular situations take time outs, but usually is when there's less than one minute or so to go.

First it was the Dallas game where Perry did not get the concept of defending the sideline. But he really demonstrated his IQ today. Forget completely mangling the end of the first half. He failed to use timeouts sonn enough when Jags had the ball close to endzone at end of game. INSTEAD of using a timeout, he threw away a precious down by having Fitzpatrick SPIKE the ball after getting first down during last possesion. So Bills run out of downs, lose the game - AND STILL HAVE A TIMEOUT they never used. Perry you are an idiot, enjoy that timeout you took into the locker room, which your team could have so desperately used - AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR TEAM WHICH PLAYED SO HARD- ONLY TO BE BETRAYED BY A CLUELESS FOOL WHO COMPLETELY DEMONSTRATED WHY HE HAS NO BUSINESS COACHING IN THIS LEAGUE

First it was the Dallas game where Perry did not get the concept of defending the sideline. But he really demonstrated his IQ today. Forget completely mangling the end of the first half. He failed to use timeouts sonn enough when Jags had the ball close to endzone at end of game. INSTEAD of using a timeout, he threw away a precious down by having Fitzpatrick SPIKE the ball after getting first down during last possesion. So Bills run out of downs, lose the game - AND STILL HAVE A TIMEOUT they never used. Perry you are an idiot, enjoy that timeout you took into the locker room, which your team could have so desperately used - AND APOLOGIZE TO YOUR TEAM WHICH PLAYED SO HARD- ONLY TO BE BETRAYED BY A CLUELESS FOOL WHO COMPLETELY DEMONSTRATED WHY HE HAS NO BUSINESS COACHING IN THIS LEAGUE

I talked to Perry after the game. He said he was just doing what he has been taught was the way to coach during the last 2.5 years. Actually, I thought it was real, but then I realized I had fallen asleep on the couch and spilled beer over my crotch. Talk about a terrible loss, that was my last beer.

This is the same horrible logic that most coaches use to avoid criticsm after the fact. You do not 'keep it in your pocket' while you are running out of time or downs. This, by the way, is exactly the mentality that cost the Bills a shot to score a TD at the end of the half.

If you call the TO instead of spiking the ball at the end, you save the down and can always spike the ball later if necessary to kill the clock for a FG.

I couldn't agree more. I was so pissed off when they didn't challenge the fumble. The guys I was with were saying, we need to save the TO's for the offense to get a field goal and either win or tie the game. I said that TO's are for the defense because the offense has ways to stop the clock, the Defense doesn't, (unless they stop the opposing team which we have a history of not being able to do). In the end I made a gentlemans bet with the others that we would get the ball back after a TD and under a minute left on the clock. Also part of the bet was how many TO's we would still have when the final bell rang. I said, (because I was p.o.ed and recent history also we woudl have 2).

Challenging the fumble might have gotten us the ball, but at least (and honestly more likely), it would have given us at least 30 seconds more on the clock when we got the ball back. As it was we had to hurry, spent our TO's and ended the game with the TO we would have lost if we lost the challenge.

Our defense is o.k., (actually I thought they played a hell of a game), but to make them stop Jacksonville on that last drive was a repeat of every fourth quarter loss this year. Somebody has got to step up and get agressive in the fourth quarter. For three it was refreshing but in the fourth we seemed to revert back to the same old conservative, prevent (us from winning) plan that has been this teams signature for a number of years.

Fewell struggled mightily at the ends of both halves. Even Steve Beurlein was astounded, and those guys usually nuzzle up to the coaches pretty good. Let's be serious, nothing about Fewell says NFL head coach. He is an undistinguished coordinator from a bad team. He has been on the receiving end of some real embarrassing beatings, including the night his defense gave up TD's on 8 straight posessions vs. NE. The offense has been more responsible, but make no mistake, Fewell has been part of the problem. It's ridiculous that he would be considered for the full time job, the organization is supposed to be trying to put this mess behind them.

I will give him credit for making the obvious call to bench Trent, but technically Jauron had already done that. The only special part of the Bills offense is their two talented receivers and Trent just wouldn't/couldn't get them the ball. Fitzpatrick is erratic and easily could have thrown 3-4 pics but he understands that you have to score TD's to win in the NFL and he plays to win. Trent does not. Also the defense played more inspired, but since that was his gig to start with there should be no points awarded for his players desperately trying to cling to some part of Club Jauron.

You save a timeout for the FG attempt. That way you dont have to avoid the middle of the field. See LSU v. Ole Miss from Sat night. He made no mistake at the end of the game. If you wanna point out the end of the half blunder, then flame away.

I will give him credit for making the obvious call to bench Trent, but technically Jauron had already done that. The only special part of the Bills offense is their two talented receivers and Trent just wouldn't/couldn't get them the ball. Fitzpatrick is erratic and easily could have thrown 3-4 pics but he understands that you have to score TD's to win in the NFL and he plays to win. Trent does not.

He has 3 TDs in 4 games.

How bout you take over and see if you are nervous the 1st day?

He has 3 TDs in 4 games.

Yeah, because he isn't good. But he tries to make big plays, and as a result he makes some big plays. He also uses the intermediate and deep middle of the field. Rest assured, Fitzpatrick is not even a decent NFL QB. He makes so many inaccurate throws there is no way he could execute the long drives necessary to be special. It's a joke that he is all they have, but it's even worse that Trent has no balls at all.

Look at it this way.. How badly would skelator have done???

Seriously?

Owens would have been lucky to have caught a ball, the defense would have surrendered 50 points in the 4th quarter, and I would be miserably asking myself why I wasted my time watching that Bills team.

I hope that it is not only playing for "tape", or for the excitement of a new coach, as this was truly a strong effort to be proud of.

We finally has some semblance of an offense...

You are then dumber than Fewell - quite a feat. Dont need a timeout to set up a field goal - when in range you can spike it then - moron do you understand that the bills ran out of time & downs but still had a timeout that they never used

He's not dumb.

He's fat, he's ugly, and his momma dresses him funny, but he's not dumb.

:unsure:

Seriously?

Owens would have been lucky to have caught a ball, the defense would have surrendered 50 points in the 4th quarter, and I would be miserably asking myself why I wasted my time watching that Bills team.

I hope that it is not only playing for "tape", or for the excitement of a new coach, as this was truly a strong effort to be proud of.

We finally has some semblance of an offense...

Exactly. And as I said in another post. Did you see the change in offence after the Wood injury. Not having him at the line hurt. I believe we would have at least moved the ball in the 4th had he not gone down.