Carucci: Bills Considering COWHER, SHANAHAN, w/ big salary and GM du

Thurman#1

Lets put an end to the Charlie Casserly for GM garbage.

When Bobby Bethard left the Redskins he left them a Superbowl contender.

Casserly took over and made bad decision after another turning into a very mediocre to bad team.

I was living in DC at the time. We couldn't wait to see him go.

He was eventually fired. After a stint of doing television which he is better suited for he was hired by the Texans. Once again he showed he could not take a team to and beyond mediocrity.

Why would we want him as GM when we have an opportunity to pick a proven winner.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Shanahan for the Bill's job because of how bad his defenses have been. He has never been able to put together any sort of reliable defense. I think we really need to get a defense together that can dominate.

That being said - I'd take Shanahan andf who knows, maybe he will hire a defensive coordinator and let him get some players for the defense.

can we stop using caruccis as a sorce. he is a bum and is almost always wrong. just because he lives in amherst does not mean he is right or ahs any inside knoledge. he is so far off base, sometimes i think he just makes things up.

for the sake of the fans and the team, lets hope he is right on this one.

You may not like him but he is a good reporter and I'm sure respected around the league.

I don't like Shanahan for the Bill's job because of how bad his defenses have been. He has never been able to put together any sort of reliable defense. I think we really need to get a defense together that can dominate.

That being said - I'd take Shanahan andf who knows, maybe he will hire a defensive coordinator and let him get some players for the defense.

Shanahan will have learned some things from the past. What is great about Shanahan is that he is a true offensive innovator and would know how to develop a QB. Even with someone like Fewell as DC we would probably be in great shape overall as a team. The thing is a decent chunk of our defense is already there, esp. the defensive backfield.

I don't like Cowher as much because although he is a tough coach, Pittsburgh was set up to be a tough, smash mouth team for decades and he continued the tradition. I see Shanahan as more shrewd in dealing with the Bills mess quicker.

can we stop using caruccis as a sorce. he is a bum and is almost always wrong. just because he lives in amherst does not mean he is right or ahs any inside knoledge. he is so far off base, sometimes i think he just makes things up.

for the sake of the fans and the team, lets hope he is right on this one.

Yeah, we'll stop because you don't like him.

Even though he was clearly right on when he said about four days ago that the Bills were being proactive about the structure and management of the team, before anybody else had any notion that any of this was going on.

What do you think is meant by 'low maintenance' - is that a direct reference to Snyder meddling, or something else? Depending on perspective - the Bills certainly need a lot of maintenance at this point, no?

Meddling? Wait until Jeff Littman gets in his way about salary spending. Littman may have had more influence in the Peters negotiations than Russ Brandon

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

COWHER and SHANAHAN as SERIOUS candidates!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

EDIT: Carucci wasn't kidding when he said the Bills were being proactive. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECOND EDIT: Here's ANOTHER LINK!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

Right now every thing is just speculation and rummer so Iam not going get excited about anything.Iam not going to get caught up in any of this stuff because talk is just talk and that is all it is right now.All this Shanahan and Cower stuff is just BS.to me it will have to be proven to me because a leopard doesn't change his spots and Ralph is an awfully old leopard.I still believe well get some old cheap retread of a coach just like always and the Bills will continue with the same old story that we have grown a custum to for the last 10 years.Untill I see Shanahan or Cower in a Bills hat I'll believe the Bills will still be the same old BILLS.

I will believe the news of a big time head coach hiring if and when it happens. Not getting my hopes up just to be disappointed

i agree with you. i have a feeling ralph may be pulling the fleece over our eyes with the talks of a big name coach. he may be just interviewing these guys with no intent on dishing out the big bucks, just to appease the fans

i agree with you. i have a feeling ralph may be pulling the fleece over our eyes with the talks of a big name coach. he may be just interviewing these guys with no intent on dishing out the big bucks, just to appease the fans

How would it appease the fans if he does not hire a good coach or GM?

i meant it would appease the fans at this current time, to try to take our focus off how bad the state of the Bills really is.

Ok, sorry. However, most here are smarter than that and are waiting to see what happens. He needs something in place by January and before season ticket renewals.

I'm hoping the Bills bring in Charlie Casserly as GM and let him make the choice as head coach, the guy does know personnel.

"The list of other potential head coaching candidates among the NFL assistant ranks is a long one and includes Dallas' Jason Garrett, Denver's Mike Nolan, Miami's Todd Bowles, Minnesota's Leslie Frazier, the Jets' Brian Schottenheimer, Baltimore's Hue Jackson and Philadelphia's Pat Shurmur. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

Another name I'd look at also is a guy that was so innovative last season it blew my mind. This offensive coordinator set up a power running game utilizing THREE tackles on an unbalanced line and ran the ball successfully 70 yards. The defense knew they were going to run and couldn't stop them with 12 in the box, thing of beauty. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron of the Baltimore Ravens.

Did this guy not coach the Dolphis to 1 win......you must be crazy