• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=101720

post #12

But ya, if that offer to Shanahan is true, this may have some wheels to it....

I can't find any mention of BILL COWHER in post #12 or anywhere else as a realistic, serious possibility.

Did I mention BILL COWHER???????????

And let me repeat freaking BILL COWHER!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe how fantastic this news is. Cowher or Shanahan. Man, that's great.

I think Cowher was just mentioned as a guy the Bills had on their list, whereas Shanahan is actually coming in for a "meeting" sometime next week.

I think, for now anyway, Shanahan is more realistic.

Either way, exciting news all around the Ralph is willing to spend "whatever it takes".

BTW, the link in post 12 is the same as yours, at least I thought it was. It doesn't matter....

I think Cowher was just mentioned as a guy the Bills had on their list, whereas Shanahan is actually coming in for a "meeting" sometime next week.

I think, for now anyway, Shanahan is more realistic.

Either way, exciting news all around the Ralph is willing to spend "whatever it takes".

BTW, the link in post 12 is the same as yours, at least I thought it was. It doesn't matter....

Sorry, dude, I found it, and you're right, it's the same one. I was so psyched I couldn't think straight.

But check this thread's original post again, I found another link to another article saying the same thing.

Also Cowher "is also high on the list." HIGH!!! Yeah, baby!!

And the offer you mentioned, "The Bills, the source said, are willing to offer whatever salary is necessary to land a high-end candidate such as Shanahan," is indeed huge!!

Hell, here it is: http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

The Bills "will consider all options, even mega-coaches such as Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher" according to team and league sources."

Man, as I calm down, the headline is a bit of an overstatement. I just tried to edit it, don't know if you can change the title of a thread after the thread is already being displayed.

Still, this is big stuff, just that they are willing to put the resources - money and front-office power - into getting one of the big-name guys. And also that Cowher is being considered. Wow! OK, I'm dropping out for a while to calm down a bit.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

COWHER and SHANAHAN as SERIOUS candidates!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

EDIT: Carucci wasn't kidding when he said the Bills were being proactive. Geez!!!!!!!!!!!!

SECOND EDIT: Here's ANOTHER LINK!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

Yea, the NFL network is also reporting that Wilson realizes this might be his last head coaching hire and wants to make a big splash... no holds barred... get the best guy out there... make the fans happy head coach. :thumbsup:

Just the thought of a Shanahan or Cowher even being contacted by the team should make everyone wake up and take notice, I know I'm happy with just Jauron being fired so far.

I'm hoping the Bills bring in Charlie Casserly as GM and let him make the choice as head coach, the guy does know personnel.

"The list of other potential head coaching candidates among the NFL assistant ranks is a long one and includes Dallas' Jason Garrett, Denver's Mike Nolan, Miami's Todd Bowles, Minnesota's Leslie Frazier, the Jets' Brian Schottenheimer, Baltimore's Hue Jackson and Philadelphia's Pat Shurmur. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/866323.html

Another name I'd look at also is a guy that was so innovative last season it blew my mind. This offensive coordinator set up a power running game utilizing THREE tackles on an unbalanced line and ran the ball successfully 70 yards. The defense knew they were going to run and couldn't stop them with 12 in the box, thing of beauty. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron of the Baltimore Ravens.

i just hope no one here kills themselves when perry fewell goes 4-3 and gets hired for next season.

If he can get this patchwork of horrid schemes and injured players to a 4-3 record I'd be all for hiring him because he can make miracles.

Let's face facts, the Bills defense is last against the run and 27th overall and simply horrible. The offense is even worse with some of the crappiest tackles in the NFL. To show you just how bad they are, the Bills took a tackle from the lowly Packer's practice squad and started him the next week.

here is the article. Also says cowher is high on the list, and shanahan may prefer buffalo over washington because of the low maintenance situation and favorable salary cap situation. take it for what it is worth

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/11/19/shanahan-l...ials-next-week/

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher also is high on the Bills’ list of candidates, but at the moment, they are focused on Shanahan, who guided the Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl championships in the late 1990s but was fired after last season.

I can't find any mention of BILL COWHER in post #12 or anywhere else as a realistic, serious possibility.

Did I mention BILL COWHER???????????

And let me repeat freaking BILL COWHER!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't believe how fantastic this news is. Cowher or Shanahan. Man, that's great.

If he can get this patchwork of horrid schemes and injured players to a 4-3 record I'd be all for hiring him because he can make miracles.

Let's face facts, the Bills defense is last against the run and 27th overall and simply horrible. The offense is even worse with some of the crappiest tackles in the NFL. To show you just how bad they are, the Bills took a tackle from the lowly Packer's practice squad and started him the next week.

Totally disagree with you about the defense, which I would put somewhere around 10th to 12th in the league. But with an offense that is most likely 32nd, it's unlikely we'll pull off much of a sprint this year.

So many people kill Buffalo, and say who would want to coach there,..... Now, its being offered as a nice, not big market place. Some people like it that way. Look at Farve,... he hated playing in NJ.... now Shanahan .

One other guy I really like is Brian Billick. Proven winner, still has gas in the tank.

I do believe we will never get Cowher.

I really don't think Cowher is a legitimate candidate. Odds are he is waiting for the axe to fall in Carolina. The guy has at least two homes in NC (one in Raleigh, one at Bald Head Island) and his daughter goes to Dook. He wants to be in NC.

That said -- if the money and power are right, I guess he could be convinced to go to Buffalo.

Yea, the NFL network is also reporting that Wilson realizes this might be his last head coaching hire and wants to make a big splash... no holds barred... get the best guy out there... make the fans happy head coach. :thumbsup:

Just the thought of a Shanahan or Cowher even being contacted by the team should make everyone wake up and take notice, I know I'm happy with just Jauron being fired so far.

Yeah, that quote is in the first link in the OP in this thread.

And you're right on, this really is a wake-up call.

Former Steelers coach Bill Cowher also is high on the Bills’ list of candidates, but at the moment, they are focused on Shanahan, who guided the Broncos to back-to-back Super Bowl championships in the late 1990s but was fired after last season.

Nice new avatar Steely :thumbsup:

Shanahan is intrigued by the “low-maintenance” situation he would have in Buffalo as opposed to Washington

What do you think is meant by 'low maintenance' - is that a direct reference to Snyder meddling, or something else? Depending on perspective - the Bills certainly need a lot of maintenance at this point, no?

What do you think is meant by 'low maintenance' - is that a direct reference to Snyder meddling, or something else? Depending on perspective - the Bills certainly need a lot of maintenance at this point, no?

I think it is a direct reference to Snyder and his cronies meddling...I would find it hard pressed that a big name coach would want to deal with an owner like Snyder...

Another name I'd look at also is a guy that was so innovative last season it blew my mind. This offensive coordinator set up a power running game utilizing THREE tackles on an unbalanced line and ran the ball successfully 70 yards. The defense knew they were going to run and couldn't stop them with 12 in the box, thing of beauty. Offensive coordinator Cam Cameron of the Baltimore Ravens.

Cameron had his shot in Miami. Granted, he had 1 year and went 1-15, but he didn't fare well at all.

can we stop using caruccis as a sorce. he is a bum and is almost always wrong. just because he lives in amherst does not mean he is right or ahs any inside knoledge. he is so far off base, sometimes i think he just makes things up.

for the sake of the fans and the team, lets hope he is right on this one.