Carucci: Bills Considering COWHER, SHANAHAN, w/ big salary and GM du

Thurman#1

You call that (whatever that was) a "smackdown?" Brother, you've been watching the Bills for too long!

Pumpkin,

People who don't harbor bitter feelings don't go out of their way to attempt to denigrate the character of others.

:doh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Shanahan for the Bill's job because of how bad his defenses have been. He has never been able to put together any sort of reliable defense. I think we really need to get a defense together that can dominate.

That being said - I'd take Shanahan andf who knows, maybe he will hire a defensive coordinator and let him get some players for the defense.

Have you seen his jewlery collection? He must know somethign about getting a defense on the field...

Lets put an end to the Charlie Casserly for GM garbage.

When Bobby Bethard left the Redskins he left them a Superbowl contender.

Casserly took over and made bad decision after another turning into a very mediocre to bad team.

I was living in DC at the time. We couldn't wait to see him go.

He was eventually fired. After a stint of doing television which he is better suited for he was hired by the Texans. Once again he showed he could not take a team to and beyond mediocrity.

Why would we want him as GM when we have an opportunity to pick a proven winner.

Amen, brother! When a guy is out of a job for years, it's not because he's waiting for the right offer. The Bills want to make the playoffs and you want the guy who ran the Texans????

PTR

So many people kill Buffalo, and say who would want to coach there,..... Now, its being offered as a nice, not big market place. Some people like it that way. Look at Farve,... he hated playing in NJ.... now Shanahan .

One other guy I really like is Brian Billick. Proven winner, still has gas in the tank.

I do believe we will never get Cowher.

Cowher lives 2 mioes from me in Raleigh. It isn't all that exciting. $7 million would likely make the mthly commute to/from NC State beatings livable. Maybe he can coach BUF AND NC STATE and run the same system and have BUF draft RUSSELL WILSON FOR THE NEXT QB!

Cowher lives 2 mioes from me in Raleigh. It isn't all that exciting. $7 million would likely make the mthly commute to/from NC State beatings livable. Maybe he can coach BUF AND NC STATE and run the same system and have BUF draft RUSSELL WILSON FOR THE NEXT QB!

Sorry, 2 "miles" from me...I'll swing by after work and see if he could use $7 million per for 5 years...my guess is yes and my guess is that Charlotte isn't a better football opportunity than BUF, trust me. We have their running backs and we'll draft a better QB than Delhomme.

What do you think is meant by 'low maintenance' - is that a direct reference to Snyder meddling, or something else? Depending on perspective - the Bills certainly need a lot of maintenance at this point, no?

I think it's likely meaning the media market, the job seems to come with the authority to clean house (ie not a lot of other people pulling strings or staff being forced on him), the owner *seems* dedicated to win before he passes on, and the Bills being in a good cap situation (Washington has lots of dead money).

If you compare Ralph to Snyder, their levels of interference are not even close. I think Buffalo is a fairly attractive job offer considering what we're seeing at the moment. We'll see if what's being thrown out sticks, but the signs seem to be positive. We'll find out...if Shanny is coming in next week for a meeting, they certainly at least seem to be moving in a hurry to get one of the top guys out there.

I've not been the biggest fan of him over the years, but I feel that Cowher is waiting for a specific job to open up and isn't going to be coming here. If Shanny gets a strong D coordinator, that could be dominating...or at least 1-1 with NE, ya know.