"Ryan Fitzpatrick gives us our best chance to win"

Boolay

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
I don't get it.. Trent actually had a decent game. 2 td's to Evans and aired it out to TO a couple times. He wasn't that Trentative.. and fewell is gonna start noodle arm :lol::wallbash:

Actually, Jackson threw one of the TD's, but I agree, the whole offense showed improvements so WTF.

Guest dog14787

T.O.'s reason for Fitz to start, I read one sentence and then stopped wasting my time.

“I think Ryan, number one he is a veteran,” said Terrell Owens. “He has a lot more experience.

I mean WTF, is T.O. retarded :lol:

I don't get it.. Trent actually had a decent game. 2 td's to Evans and aired it out to TO a couple times. He wasn't that Trentative.. and fewell is gonna start noodle arm :lol::wallbash:

Probably because Trent wasn't recognizing coverages. Why do you think TO and Josh were yelling at the coaches on the sidelines?.

I certainly don't think Fitz is the answer, but he's not going to crumble like Trent does.

I agree, Fitzpatrick was a horrible choice to back up ..hhmmm push Trent.

I hated that move from the start. Being a Fantasy Football player, I saw what Fitzpatrick did to the stats of Ochocinco & Houseurmama. They rarely averaged 10 yards a reception. He could not throw downfield (and/or wasn't allowed to). He has kind of surprised me with some of his deeper throws this season.

As has been discussed frequently, it doesn't matter who's at QB if the O-Line can't give them time. The likes of Bledsoe & Rob Johnson would stand back there for 4, 5 or 6 seconds and get sacked. This year, I don't know how frequently either QB has had even 4 secs??

Even if the team determines that Edwards is not the guy, I still would focus the 1st round of the next draft on another O-lineman. If there are none to justify the draft position, then consider other positions.

By the way, here's a vote for Jim Harbaugh as next coach. The guy has done wonders at Stanford. Hire him & then in 2 years he can try to get his QB Andrew Luck. That kid has "it". No fear of throwing downfield for him.

I've Always backed Trent Edwards. This Bills Football team is all over the place.

Always?!? I seem to recall you calling for Lossman to come back to the team and acknowledging Trent isn't that answer. Is that your idea of backing Trent?

Simple math really: Jags bring loads of pressure, TE has been less then stellar under pressure this season. Fitz is less accurate yet senses the pressure better, Hamdan as seen during the preseason actually senses pressure best out of all three. However with Fitz they allready know what he can and cant do on the field and Fitz is the more experienced out of the three on paper. So they opt for Fitz for this week. If Fitz wins he'll keep the starting job based on record (3-1), if Fitz looses it's most likely TE's job again.

Personally at this point I'd love to see Hamdan, then again I know what he can do out on the field and just feel he would bring the wins in. But that would mean playing Jackson over Marshawn and TO, Reed and Steve Johnson over Lee Evans (those players are the best matches for Hamdan his style). Maybe if Fitz looses we'll get to see that, it kinda depends on how Lee his work ethic and attitude is percieved by the coaches. Performance wise he's been the better one on the team thus far so that would be a tough sell to the team and the fans.

I do like the Fitz choice over TE for this one game though, listening to the TO press conference confirms that it was the right thing to do to at least get some spark/fire into the offence going into this weeks game. Choosing the guy with the best win/loss ratio also helps with the message you are trying to send to the team; win.

Fitz as a qb however, I dunno i'm not sold on the guy, flashes of brilliance followed by uber epic fails, yet he shows more then TE has done this entire year aside from game 1.

Guest dog14787
Probably because Trent wasn't recognizing coverages. Why do you think TO and Josh were yelling at the coaches on the sidelines?.

I certainly don't think Fitz is the answer, but he's not going to crumble like Trent does.

Pure speculation, and even so, TE is rusty and coming off a concussion.

Crumble, oh , you mean like the O-line that's supposed to be protecting him, you have it all figured out don't ya buddy.

Guest dog14787
Always?!? I seem to recall you calling for Lossman to come back to the team and acknowledging Trent isn't that answer. Is that your idea of backing Trent?

:lol:

T.O.'s reason for Fitz to start, I read one sentence and then stopped wasting my time.

“I think Ryan, number one he is a veteran,” said Terrell Owens. “He has a lot more experience.

I mean WTF, is T.O. retarded :lol:

No, what TO says there is at least Fitz is making the reads and sees what he is supposed to see.

Guest dog14787
No, what TO says there is at least Fitz is making the reads and sees what he is supposed to see.

What T.O. is saying is what he said, good grief , do you know what experience means?

Guest dog14787
Just Relax...

I'd play Hamden If I were head coach with this PoS offensive line. I'd let Trent Edwards get healthy and recover from the beating he has taken earlier this season.

Besides, I seriously doubt Fewell will win many games with the current defensive and offensive schemes

You have been making way to much sense here lately rabbit...

From our new leader...

OMFG :lol:

Insert _______ gives us the best chance to win. Who cares. None of the QB's on the team is an NFL starter, so play whomever you want. Bring in Brooks Bollinger if you want. As long as an NFL caliber starter is on the team next season.

:wallbash:

I hated that move from the start. Being a Fantasy Football player, I saw what Fitzpatrick did to the stats of Ochocinco & Houseurmama. They rarely averaged 10 yards a reception. He could not throw downfield (and/or wasn't allowed to). He has kind of surprised me with some of his deeper throws this season.

Did you also see this?

..."It's easy to get down on the Bengals, who finished 4-11-1 to miss out on the playoffs for the third consecutive season.

But you can't get down on Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. He was asked to compete with a team that lost a league-high 84 games by starters because of injury. Only seven of his 22 starters were available to him for all 16 games, and only five started all 16."...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...in.34d3911.html

That included 3 OL starters. It wasn't as if Fitz was handed a full deck...

So...being a Fantasy Football player, you should educate yourself about such as the season unfolds.

:lol:

I would at least pick the best one out of the three wouldn't you?

All three are bad. When you have three bad choices you can at least go with a choice that fits the theme you are trying to instill. I think Fewell wants to be a tough team that "plays like hell and wins".

While Fitzpatrick doesn't strike me as tough, he still might be the best choice. Hamdan supposedly reads a lot of books. Not good. A glove wearing Mary from Los Gatos trotting onto the field does not exude the image. Fitzpatrick is the closest thing we've got.