Marty Schottenheimer

rpcolosi

Guest dog14787
I've been saying it for awhile. We need him. this is the perfect team and perfect situation for it. We need a guy with his personality and his ideas. we need a coach who can take guys and make them better than they are.

He comes from arguably the best Bills coach of all time's lineage in Lou Saban... Coaches such as Wisenhunt, Cowher, Dungy have all come from his lineage. He won't be as pricey as say Cowher or Shannahan but he will want to bring in his own guys to coach - by all means.

He has never been to the super bowl.. we have never won it. I know its cheesy but that be one heck of a story. I'd really hope Brandon and Ralph at least offer him an interview and get his take on our situation. We just really could use an old school coach such as him.

Can we buy a billboard asking for him to come back home to Buffalo? (and Gabriel as GM and move brandon to team president/CEO as per Sully?)

Schottenheimer is not my top choice, but I would be happy to see some Martyball come to Buffalo.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has it been since Marty Coached, a couple years. The Chargers had an awesome team that he built, maybe his playoff record isnt that great, neither is the Bills!, He has organizational ties to this teams last championship and should at least be considered as a HC candidate, of course Cowher would be great, but it looks like his heart isnt into coaching just yet, Shanahan wouldnt be bad either, ask them all and pick the one that wants it the most!!!

Didn't everyone say Dungy and Manning couldn't win the big one a while back. You have to get to the playoffs first to have a chance to win it. Marty is not my first choice, but we need to build from the ground up. He would at least make us legit fairly quickly.

Is there a link to this comment from Parcells? I am not doubting he said it, but I would like to see the context.

Was he saying it is a perfect place for football - because any team he brings in to play the Bills - wins?

Sorry, don't have a link.

I believe it was from a book that was actually referenced on this board last week, I believe.

It was something to the effect that the weather, the blue-collar fan base, the collegiate atmosphere all rolled into one made for the ideal environment for football.

I was just as shocked when I read it.

Sorry that I could not be of more help.

I kind of prefer the interior O-line we have now to the terrible giants we've had the previous ten years - big lines don't work like they used to as Joe Gibbs discovered when he returned to the Skins. Definitely need better, tougher, tackles. Agree on defensive side - especially at DT. I've always preferred two giants in the middle.

Personally I prefer the 3-4 to the 4-3 on defense.

And let us not forget, those massive tubs of lard that we have had as an offensive line this decade were drafted by Modrak and signed as free agents by Guy (Reyes, Teague, Walker, Dockery).

Get a real GM and better scouts and pro personnel people, and this is a philosophy that would be ideal for the climate of WNY in late November- January.

I dont get the love fest for Schottenheimer. Everyone hated Dicks conservative play-not-to-lose style, and now you want to bring in "Marty Ball" - what gives? The over conservative "Marty Ball" does not work in the NFL - just look at his playoff record. Just say no to Schottenheimer.. :rolleyes: I agree with the lines comments though - our team should be built liek Minn. - just dont confuse Marty with Run first and stop the run.

A lot of people said the same thing about Cowher, until the Steelers won a Superbowl. If Marty had the same time on a team like Cowher did, he would have a Superbowl victory (possibly multiple ones).

A lot of people said the same thing about Cowher, until the Steelers won a Superbowl. If Marty had the same time on a team like Cowher did, he would have a Superbowl victory (possibly multiple ones).

that's not exactly true about Cowher. He loved trick plays on offense and even used Slash at QB quite a bit. It wasn't nearly as conservative a style as Schott.

I don't understand the hatred for Marty. He is part of the Bills's family, played for Lou Saban, and has been a winner everywhere he has been. Granted, he has not won a playoff game since the 80's, but after ten years of this garbage on the football field, it would be refreshing to at least be in the playoffs. If Marty cannot win in the playoffs, then the Bills would need to look for a coach to take the team to the next level, like Bill Polian did with the Colts (Dungy for Mora). As much as I would love to see a big name come to Buffalo, the only time this has happened was Chuck Knox in 1978. Marty would fix Ralph's love for coaches that work for the lowest coaching wages in the NFL.

I don't understand the hatred for Marty. He is part of the Bills's family, played for Lou Saban, and has been a winner everywhere he has been. Granted, he has not won a playoff game since the 80's, but after ten years of this garbage on the football field, it would be refreshing to at least be in the playoffs. If Marty cannot win in the playoffs, then the Bills would need to look for a coach to take the team to the next level, like Bill Polian did with the Colts (Dungy for Mora). As much as I would love to see a big name come to Buffalo, the only time this has happened was Chuck Knox in 1978. Marty would fix Ralph's love for coaches that work for the lowest coaching wages in the NFL.

I do not hate Marty.

I do not prefer losing all the time, instead of losing in the playoffs.

I want a coach who will win it all, not just make the Bills suck less.

Just once I want the Bills to be the BEST!

Before everyone gets their panties all bunched up, WGRZ channel 2 has already contacted Marty in regards to his possible interest in the coaching position here and he stated he has no plans to end his retirement but that if Ralph wants to call him he would offer his advice....was on WGR this morning.

Before everyone gets their panties all bunched up, WGRZ channel 2 has already contacted Marty in regards to his possible interest in the coaching position here and he stated he has no plans to end his retirement but that if Ralph wants to call him he would offer his advice....was on WGR this morning.

Way to kill a dream. Anyone for Haslett-ball?

Money talks. If someone offered me $8 million a year and I was retired, well, let's just say I would no longer be retired.