Anyone hear of any player reactions?

Bills captain stunned by Jauron firing

By Tim Graham

How suddenly did the Buffalo Bills fire head coach Dick Jauron?

One of his captains was caught totally unaware.

AP Photo/David Duprey

Bills linebacker Paul Posluszny was caught off guard by the firing of head coach Dick Jauron."I found out through you," Bills middle linebacker Paul Posluszny told me over the phone about 10 minutes after the Bills sent out a press release. "I got a text saying 'Coach Jauron's been fired.' I said 'I don't think so.' So I went to ESPN.com, and I'm looking at your picture right now.

"Wow. I couldn't believe it. I haven't spoken to anybody in the organization or any of my teammates yet."

A move had to be made. The Bills are 3-6 and in last place in the AFC East.

A litany of missteps -- firing the offensive coordinator before the season, implementing then scrapping the no-huddle offense, miscalculating the offensive line, in-game decisions -- made it clear Jauron was not getting the job done.

But Posluszny was stunned that it happened now.

"I'm completely surprised," Posluszny said. "Obviously, we don't have a good record, but we were all under the impression that we would have at least to the end of the season. If something was going to happen, then it had to happen, but to have him fired now in the middle of the things is very, very surprising."

Buffalo went 7-9 in each of Jauron's previous three seasons and will likely miss the playoffs for a 10th straight season.

"You didn’t want it to happen this way," Posluszny said. "Every time we lose, we say 'We've got to turn this around. We've got to turn this around.' We weren't able to do that, and this, obviously, is the consequence for that.

"The players have the utmost respect for Dick Jauron. He's a great guy, a great person. But in this league, you've got to win. Unfairly, since we're not playing well, it gets put on him. He has to take all the heat for it. Whether that's fair or not, that's just the reality. We all love Dick Jauron. He's a great guy and a great man. It's just unfortunate that it had to happen this way."

Posluszny was hopeful a fresh voice and new ideas will help transform the organization's culture.

"What we have to stress is that this is an opportunity," Posluszny said. "There's no time to be depressed or be upset. We have to play the Jaguars on Sunday. This is a change that we have to make work for us. We can't sit back and say 'What if?' or 'I don't know.' We have to get ready to go and get ready to play a game."

The news was so fresh to Posluszny that he asked me who the next coach would be. I told him the expectation was that defensive coordinator Perry Fewell would take over on an interim basis.

"If he were the guy, I think we have a lot of confidence in him," Posluszny said. "He does a great job with us defensively. He's the type of guy that has the ability to lead a team, an entire football team.

"If he's the guy, it's good that it'll be someone in house, someone we know."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/jauron-fired

Bills captain stunned by Jauron firing

By Tim Graham

How suddenly did the Buffalo Bills fire head coach Dick Jauron?

One of his captains was caught totally unaware.

AP Photo/David Duprey

Bills linebacker Paul Posluszny was caught off guard by the firing of head coach Dick Jauron."I found out through you," Bills middle linebacker Paul Posluszny told me over the phone about 10 minutes after the Bills sent out a press release. "I got a text saying 'Coach Jauron's been fired.' I said 'I don't think so.' So I went to ESPN.com, and I'm looking at your picture right now.

"Wow. I couldn't believe it. I haven't spoken to anybody in the organization or any of my teammates yet."

A move had to be made. The Bills are 3-6 and in last place in the AFC East.

A litany of missteps -- firing the offensive coordinator before the season, implementing then scrapping the no-huddle offense, miscalculating the offensive line, in-game decisions -- made it clear Jauron was not getting the job done.

But Posluszny was stunned that it happened now.

"I'm completely surprised," Posluszny said. "Obviously, we don't have a good record, but we were all under the impression that we would have at least to the end of the season. If something was going to happen, then it had to happen, but to have him fired now in the middle of the things is very, very surprising."

Buffalo went 7-9 in each of Jauron's previous three seasons and will likely miss the playoffs for a 10th straight season.

"You didn’t want it to happen this way," Posluszny said. "Every time we lose, we say 'We've got to turn this around. We've got to turn this around.' We weren't able to do that, and this, obviously, is the consequence for that.

"The players have the utmost respect for Dick Jauron. He's a great guy, a great person. But in this league, you've got to win. Unfairly, since we're not playing well, it gets put on him. He has to take all the heat for it. Whether that's fair or not, that's just the reality. We all love Dick Jauron. He's a great guy and a great man. It's just unfortunate that it had to happen this way."

Posluszny was hopeful a fresh voice and new ideas will help transform the organization's culture.

"What we have to stress is that this is an opportunity," Posluszny said. "There's no time to be depressed or be upset. We have to play the Jaguars on Sunday. This is a change that we have to make work for us. We can't sit back and say 'What if?' or 'I don't know.' We have to get ready to go and get ready to play a game."

The news was so fresh to Posluszny that he asked me who the next coach would be. I told him the expectation was that defensive coordinator Perry Fewell would take over on an interim basis.

"If he were the guy, I think we have a lot of confidence in him," Posluszny said. "He does a great job with us defensively. He's the type of guy that has the ability to lead a team, an entire football team.

"If he's the guy, it's good that it'll be someone in house, someone we know."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/jauron-fired

Thanks Poz....Perry's done great things with the run defense...

Can't wait to hear Trent Edwards' comments. Jauron and Edwards must have gone to the same public speaking class where they take the high road and sugar coat everything. Tell us how you really feel!

Trent: "We have a new coach and that's what we have. We'll have a new coach Sunday and we have to prepare for Jacksonville."

Donte, crying: "I just want to show everyone how good we are now."

TO: "I thought Tyke was the head coach."

Marcus Stroud said something to the effect that he was surprised, DJ was a good coach, DJ was the best player's coach in the NFL, DJ never threw anybody under the bus, he was always positive with everybody, he was a coach that knew his stuff and would be coaching again.

I have inside information on how a few of the players feel about perry fewell, and I can say it is not positive. At all.

Perry expects them to play like hell, as opposed to taking practices off, taking Sundays off, and not worrying about the score as long as they all tried real hard. I wouldn't expect the playes to like him at all. In fact, several of them are probably crying right now at the thought of actually having to practice this week.

Marcus Stroud said something to the effect that he was surprised, DJ was a good coach, DJ was the best player's coach in the NFL, DJ never threw anybody under the bus, he was always positive with everybody, he was a coach that knew his stuff and would be coaching again.

Just yesterday on this very site, Dog123456789101112131415 told us that Jauron tried to backstab Trent to save his job. This makes me pretty sure that Stroud doesn't know nothing.

I have inside information on how a few of the players feel about perry fewell, and I can say it is not positive. At all.

Who cares how they feel about Fewell. Unless Fewell performs some sort of miracle (a winning record with no QB?), I would say Fewell's days are also numbered.

Perry expects them to play like hell, as opposed to taking practices off, taking Sundays off, and not worrying about the score as long as they all tried real hard. I wouldn't expect the playes to like him at all. In fact, several of them are probably crying right now at the thought of actually having to practice this week.

"Win a Championship in 4 years? LOL . Jauron has literally brought the Bills franchise to it's knees with his lack of emotion,lack of understanding of offense and his adherence to the outdated Tampa Bat cover 2 defense -which just doesn't cut it in Buffalo.

He takes cares of his players? Maybe he would make a good social worker then Matt because despite his Yale education he consistently showed a lack of smarts in his game day decision making.

The best coach you ever played for just coached last game as a head coach in the NFL.

Why? Because he's not a winner. Oh, but he's a nice guy. Phewy....." submitted as a response to the article by 'Dan'.

Any relation, DAN? :rolleyes: