marty

bkc

The odds are long that the Bills are hiring a big name ,5 million per year coach. That being said Marty makes the most sense, only 6 years older than fassel ,a lot on this site, he can come in clean up this mess and start things on the right path . While I am not sure how I feel about the next thing I am going to write but we the Bills could bring in his brother to run the offense with and eye towards taking over when marty moves upstairs . At least this gives the bills a solid football man and more importantly a chance for some continuity. It would be nice to be able to have a game plan and run with it for awhile . Either way we are looking at two new systems which means new player , which means a few more lean years

i'd really be happy with that. imo marty is a great teacher of young players, he get's them going and playing with confidence in a hurry.

i really think we can go out and sign/draft 2 tackles, 3 lbs, a wr, and have a squad that can play some solid ball. yes we need a qb, but i'll take good before great and we might get a qb in the draft

i'd really be happy with that. imo marty is a great teacher of young players, he get's them going and playing with confidence in a hurry.

i really think we can go out and sign/draft 2 tackles, 3 lbs, a wr, and have a squad that can play some solid ball. yes we need a qb, but i'll take good before great and we might get a qb in the draft

My suggestion on here several weeks ago was hire Carl Peterson as GM and have him bring in Marty. You'd have a football guy at the top and it would make sense. Lamar and RW had a close relationship (I guess Bud Adams was a different bird altogether haha) so it would make sense on lots of levels, ensure stability at the top etc. etc.

I don't want Marty. He plays a boring conservative style of football that is not going to sell tickets. He will make the Bills competative but will not produce a winner in the playoffs. If you want more mediocrity hire him, but if you want to go to the Super Bowl, we need more out of a coach. Marty is not the answer. He has never brought a team to the Super Bowl ever. Why do you think he will do it now?

I don't want Marty. He plays a boring conservative style of football that is not going to sell tickets. He will make the Bills competative but will not produce a winner in the playoffs. If you want more mediocrity hire him, but if you want to go to the Super Bowl, we need more out of a coach. Marty is not the answer. He has never brought a team to the Super Bowl ever. Why do you think he will do it now?

super bowl? lets slow down here, 90% of people here would be happy with a wild-card spot and a loss in the first playoff game, since we haven't come close to playoffs in 10 years...

Considering his age, Marty Schottenheimer is not a long-term answer, anyway. If he can rebuild the Bills and return them to respectability in his 3-5 year tenure, I could live with a first round playoff loss or two. It beats the hell out of what they're doing now.

I assume you mean during the regular season? His 5-13 postseason record speaks volumes...

Unless you like not even making it to the playoffs in 10 years, over Marty. I'd take Marty and know that he will have a winning team on the field instead of the garbage we've seen this decade from the Bills.

Considering his age, Marty Schottenheimer is not a long-term answer, anyway. If he can rebuild the Bills and return them to respectability in his 3-5 year tenure, I could live with a first round playoff loss or two. It beats the hell out of what they're doing now.

I've been a bills fan for over 35 years. I don't want to just make the playoffs and be respectable. I want a Super Bowl victory before I'm to old to remember it. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round sucks. You get a lower first round pick and really have nothing to show for the season by losing in the first round which is what Marty did consistantly.

I'm sick of mediocrity. How can you people settle for this.

I've been a bills fan for over 35 years. I don't want to just make the playoffs and be respectable. I want a Super Bowl victory before I'm to old to remember it. Making the playoffs and losing in the first round sucks. You get a lower first round pick and really have nothing to show for the season by losing in the first round which is what Marty did consistantly.

Again, Schottenheimer is not a long-term answer. For the next 3-5 years, I think he'd be an ideal head coach to oversee the rebuilding of this team back into a contender. Its not going to happen overnight. If I thought they were even close to being capable of making a run deep into the playoffs right now, might choice would certainly be different.

Playoffs are a bit of a crapshot , who you play ,were you play, weather , ect. Lets get the roster playoff caliber and take it from there. At this point we need left tackle and a Quaterback just to get to 500

Was it Marty's fault that the idiot on SD didn't slide down after he intercepted the ball in the playoff game vs the Pats? They even showed video footage of Marty telling him to slide down if that situation were to happen.

Was it Marty's fault that the Browns let John Elway drive over 90 yards on his defense? Elway, Kelly & Marino were the 3 best QB's of their time and are Hall of Fame QB's.

IMO, Marty had the plug pulled on him way too soon. If he were to have to tenure on a team like Cowher did with the Steelers, Marty would have had a Super bowl victory. Luckily, Mr. Rooney was a patient guy and didn't fire Cowher for not being able to win the big game within a few years.

My suggestion on here several weeks ago was hire Carl Peterson as GM and have him bring in Marty. You'd have a football guy at the top and it would make sense. Lamar and RW had a close relationship (I guess Bud Adams was a different bird altogether haha) so it would make sense on lots of levels, ensure stability at the top etc. etc.

Not Carl Peterson, not now, not ever........

He's little more than a Donohoe clone......

can't stop laughing at your nonsense

Bills fans are complete lemmings

they bought season tickets in record numbers with the worst offense of all time -

and you are worried about turning down a coach that consistently wins and makes the playoffs.

Because there's no place like home and a thing called Poetic Justice.

I agree.

Marty is affordable, a good teacher, has enough contacts to assemble a respectable staff, and could mold this young offense with some solid draft picks and a few key signings. We need an offense that can make first downs and not turn the ball over. He is a coach that knows how to bring along a QB, and he knows how to get the tight ends involved in a game.

The fact that folks would talk about needing a coach who doesn't lose in the playoffs is ridiculous. How about we make it to the playoffs and see what happens? Like the saying goes, you have to be in it to win it. If Marty can get us there, I will be happy to roll the dice with him.

I do not think I have ever been sold on the 4-3 defense here in Buffalo. Although I like Perry I hope he does not stay on after the season - assuming that he doesn't pull off some miracle of a turn-around with this franchise.

We are still a dominant defensive tackle and big play-making linebacker away from being a solid defense. We have a lot of guys injured and the return of Michell would help, but I have not liked how our D-line holds up against the run for the last 5 years. It has been pathetic for so long I almost forget what it was like when we had Ted and Pat manning the middle... almost. If we shored up the run defense - who knows? Our secondary is very good. What of Maybin? Is he a project? A bust? I can tell you what he has been, he's been a non-factor.

Modrak and Guy should pack as well. Although they have found some late round gems thier wasted 1st round selections are killing us.

I agree, I too could live with a first round playoff loss or two. If you get to the playoffs, it means you've won a lot of games during the regular season. That's fun. As my Dad used to say, you've got to win big games to get in big games. To get in as wild card would mean some big wins in late December. Man, what would that be like? It'd be crazy!! And just because Marty hasn't been to the super bowl doesn't he never will. Other coaches who wore the mantle of "can't win the big one" have been Tom Landry, Bill Cowher, Dick Vermeil, and Tony Dungy.

I want the coach that get us to the playoffs the fastest. Marty very could be that man.