FU Marv

zazie

Marv Levy is a class act and was a pretty good football coach. One can question his choice of a head coach and his talent evaluation, but he has earned all of our respect and deserves to be thanked for trying to fix this team. He took a chance. It didn't work. Move on and have a little self respect.

Great post!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you people Kidding Me????

YOU ARE NOT BILLS FAN'S, I HAVE NOT POSTED ALOT, BUT I READ THIS BOARD EVERY DAY. ASK JIM KELLY WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT MARV, OR BRUCE OR THURMAN. F/U RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!!!!! THE JETS LOVE FAKERS LIKE YOU. YOU CALL YOUR SELF A BUFFALO BILLS FAN, SHAME ON YOU!!!!. PICK ANOTHER TEAM LOSER!!!!!!. WE MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST TEAM. HOWEVER YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY OUR PAST. F/U MOVE ON LOSER, JERSEY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU!!!

I agree that people shouldn't say FU to Marv. Marv, by far was the best coach we ever had (at least since I've been watching in the early 80's). I give credit to Marv for trying to turn the Bills around, but it failed. Marv should take some slack for his coaching and personnel decisions during his tenure as GM, but NO ONE should bash him and say FU, that's classless.

I think I could jump right in there and turn the franchise around with little problem. I already came up with a great idea: Kelly as Headcoach/OC, Thurman as RB coach, Reed as receivers coach, Talley as DC. It's so simple. I don't know why any of you guys haven't thought about this before......... O wait

Anyways, I think you bring back winners into this organizations from our glory days you will be able to change the current attitude of the entire organization.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He was an average coach who caught on with the best GM in the history of the NFL. Polian put together an unreal roster of talent including multiple pro bowlers and HOF'ers and Marv got the keys to the Ferarri. And somehow because he was the beneficiary of that he's immune to criticism? And those who criticize aren't Bills fans? He was a horrible GM, his first FA signees were Fowler, Price, Reyes, Tripplett, Royal and Nall. He followed that with two terribe drafts, YEAH TWO TERRIBLE DRAFTS! I'm sorry that you are the President of the Bills Fan Club but loyalty is the reason why the Bills are in this mess. I wouldn't say FU to Marv, but I'd tell him that he is THE main reason why the Bills are in a tailspin.

I admired Marv as a coach. He wasn't a good GM, and that's ok by me. My Bills loyalty runs deep, and I don't see loyalty as a problem. Today is a new day, but this day isn't for saying yuck foo to one of the Bills' best coaches. It's for beginning a selection process that prevents recent history from repeating itself.

There can't be anyone on here actually saying f*** you to Marv that actually went to a Bills game between 1986 and about 1996, can there be? If so, then f*** you.

Agreed 100%. What a bunch of dopes. But then again-are any of the rational people here surprised by this? As we all know-in the real world there are people we consider stupid !@#$s and make fun of when they are not around. Why should TBD be deprived of these types of !@#$s? Hopefully this chat ends soon bc it is truly retarded.

Go Marv! He did a lot for this city you dip *****.

Actually, he is almost 100% of the reason we suck, since he hired our horrible coach, drafted our horrible QB, horrible DT, sub par SS, overpaid for sub par DE's, overpaid for sub par G and T, drafted an injury prone sub par MLB.

That probably has more to do with Jim Overdorf, John Guy, and Tom Modrak. Seeing as the decade of futility has featured these guys, but hey, let's go with the guy that was here for two years.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He was an average coach who caught on with the best GM in the history of the NFL. Polian put together an unreal roster of talent including multiple pro bowlers and HOF'ers and Marv got the keys to the Ferarri. And somehow because he was the beneficiary of that he's immune to criticism? And those who criticize aren't Bills fans? He was a horrible GM, his first FA signees were Fowler, Price, Reyes, Tripplett, Royal and Nall. He followed that with two terribe drafts, YEAH TWO TERRIBLE DRAFTS! I'm sorry that you are the President of the Bills Fan Club but loyalty is the reason why the Bills are in this mess. I wouldn't say FU to Marv, but I'd tell him that he is THE main reason why the Bills are in a tailspin.

People so quickly forget the criticism(deserved) he received during the Super Bowl run. Although he is noted for his pre-game speeches, it was no secret that he had no influence on the emotion of the team which led to their uninspiring performances in the Super Bowls 2,3,4 and his atrocious clock management that cost them Super Bowl 1.

If you remember back to when it happened Marv wanted to come back as the head coach, not GM. He agreed to be GM on an interim basis as a favor to Ralph and I'm sure to scratch the itch to be involved in the game again. He made some mistakes but wasn't the worst GM around. His coaching record and all around class outweighs that negative. He's earned my respect.

Marv's terrible tenure as GM now well and truly behind us....

Bills fans have to be the biggest bunch of dopes on the planet. You had a coach, Wade Phillips, who went 29-19 but he isn't good enough. No, fans want Wade fired because he doesn't speak well. Have you ever listened to the people who call WGR? Most of them can't have much more than a 5th grade vocabulary and are as coherent as Carl Spackler and they're the ones saying fire Wade because he is a poor public speaker. Move over Williams, Mularkey and Jauron because here comes Mike Nolan.