FU Marv

zazie

Actually, he is almost 100% of the reason we suck, since he hired our horrible coach, drafted our horrible QB, horrible DT, sub par SS, overpaid for sub par DE's, overpaid for sub par G and T, drafted an injury prone sub par MLB.

Thats 8 starters at one point or another that have proved that Marv is full of bad decisions, and the coach tops it all off with a sugary FU coating.

I wouldnt say FU to him personally, but he was the main reason for our suckiness. He set us back 5 years.

Marv was a figurehead ala Tommy Lasorda for the Dodgers.

As for QB I don't know Trent was 5-1 before he got the concussion and hasn't been the same since. It happens. Maybe I'm a naive little child but I think that set us back significantly.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you remember back to when it happened Marv wanted to come back as the head coach, not GM. He agreed to be GM on an interim basis as a favor to Ralph and I'm sure to scratch the itch to be involved in the game again. He made some mistakes but wasn't the worst GM around. His coaching record and all around class outweighs that negative. He's earned my respect.

Some mistakes?

-Jauron

-Awful drafts

-terrible FA signees

What else can a GM do to be the worst GM... oh wait, Matt Millen was one of his contemporaries. Okay, he was the 2nd worst GM.

I agree that people shouldn't say FU to Marv. Marv, by far was the best coach we ever had (at least since I've been watching in the early 80's). I give credit to Marv for trying to turn the Bills around, but it failed. Marv should take some slack for his coaching and personnel decisions during his tenure as GM, but NO ONE should bash him and say FU, that's classless.

Marv was a good coach, not great. As you only compare him to coaches we've had since you've been watching in the mid 80's it's not hard for him to be the best. Let's see, that would include Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, Phillips, Williams, Mularkey, and Jauron. I'd agree insofar as that goes, but for my money, Marv couldn't hold a candle to Lou Saban or Chuck Knox.

FU Marv.... Dude FU

Marv was the best thing that happened to the bills. Dont forget that

A lot of these dissers don't even remember the Marv era. It's depressing how a generation of Bills fans are coming up and saying "we were in the playoffs?" And it's not like they're young little people either. It's pretty depressing.

Marv was a good coach, not great. As you only compare him to coaches we've had since you've been watching in the mid 80's it's not hard for him to be the best. Let's see, that would include Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, Phillips, Williams, Mularkey, and Jauron. I'd agree insofar as that goes, but for my money, Marv couldn't hold a candle to Lou Saban or Chuck Knox.

you are right.....that statue in Ohio means nothing :rolleyes:

you are right.....that statue in Ohio means nothing :rolleyes:

Actually Adam he's exactly right, Marv joined the bills at the perfect time he was a sub 50 coach in the league before that, as much as i like him he was a solid coach who inherited a great team. Unfortunately for bills fans he was outoached big time in every super bowl otherwise we would definitely have one title and maybe two!

Bills fans have to be the biggest bunch of dopes on the planet....Most of them can't have much more than a 5th grade vocabulary and are as coherent as Carl Spackler and they're the ones saying fire Wade because he is a poor public speaker.

+1 on any Carl Spackler analogy

+1 on any Carl Spackler analogy

Carl: "He hauls off an whacks one, big hitter, the Llama... long... into a 10,000 foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Llama says?"

Caddy: "No."

Carl: "Goonga galoonga. Goonga goongagaloongala. So, we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And, I say "Hey! Llama! Hey!" How about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know. And he says "Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bead, you will receive total consciousness." So, I got that going for me, which is nice.

Jeez, enough with the Marv bashing for crips sake. Sure his tenure as GM pretty much sucked, but Marv is not even close to being the main reason why our team sucks so bad.

No where near enough with the Marv bashing. A-hole has the nerve to defend his crappy work instead of showing some accountability. Another FU Marv. Thanks for nothing.

There can't be anyone on here actually saying f*** you to Marv that actually went to a Bills game between 1986 and about 1996, can there be? If so, then f*** you.

You mean the same years that the Bills were so stacked with talent they were like a Jenga commercial? Because of Bill Polian and John Butler? The same team that dismantled every other weak ass team in the AFC four years in a row but lost to better coached, and even MORE stacked teams from the NFC in the big game because Marv, the ultimate player's coach, let them go out partying the night before the game every flipping year, and let Jim Kelly run the offense instead of taking over when they saw there was trouble brewing? The guy lucked out as a coach, much like Ralph Wilson lucked out as an owner, and the luck ran out the day Bill Polian was fired for calling Ralph's daughter, the "pro scout", exactly what she was.

So eat me, if you're going to tell me to f**k off. You were obviously not paying much ATTENTION back then.

Are you people Kidding Me????

YOU ARE NOT BILLS FAN'S, I HAVE NOT POSTED ALOT, BUT I READ THIS BOARD EVERY DAY. ASK JIM KELLY WHAT HE THINKS ABOUT MARV, OR BRUCE OR THURMAN. F/U RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!!!!! THE JETS LOVE FAKERS LIKE YOU. YOU CALL YOUR SELF A BUFFALO BILLS FAN, SHAME ON YOU!!!!. PICK ANOTHER TEAM LOSER!!!!!!. WE MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST TEAM. HOWEVER YOU CAN'T TAKE AWAY OUR PAST. F/U MOVE ON LOSER, JERSEY WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU!!!

How many Super Bowls did Marv win again? Kelly and co. loved Marv because it was Club Marv. Inmates prefer to run their own asylum. The Bills were so much more talented than any other AFC team during their SB run that it was ridiculous. They got beat by better teams in the first two, even though they had a lot more talent. Difference...clueless strategist HOF Marv vs. Parcells and Gibbs. Hate to say it, but it's a fact, Marv was not the reason those teams were good, he's the reason they were never great.

Anyone starting a thread entitled "FU Marv" should be banned for life. JMO

Today at 3:30 in the afternoon on AM1000 in Chicago, local radio guys were discussing their top 5 coaching candidates to replace Lovie Smith in Chicago. Lovie has no been fired yet. One of the guys had Marv as number 3 on his list of coaching candidates. True!