Rooting for other teams

Bruuuuce

I'm so sick of watching these crappy Bills teams year in and year out, even my girlfriend can pick up on that the brand of football they play is no where near the other teams in the league. As a lifelong Bills fan, can we root for other teams during this spell, as long as it isn't a AFC East team? I might start pulling for the Packers, but I'm having a moral dillema and identity crisis here. Is anyone in the same boat as I am?

I'm so sick of watching these crappy Bills teams year in and year out, even my girlfriend can pick up on that the brand of football they play is no where near the other teams in the league. As a lifelong Bills fan, can we root for other teams during this spell, as long as it isn't a AFC East team? I might start pulling for the Packers, but I'm having a moral dillema and identity crisis here. Is anyone in the same boat as I am?

I'm going with the New Orleans Saints. The "ANTI" Buffalo Bills.

Don't hurt yourself falling off the bandwagon.

Since last year, I have been rooting for the Chargers as my second favorite team. I can't put all my chips on the Bills anymore. There's too much frustration in it. I also like the Colts (plus Polian is there) and I am a Purdue alum, so it's easy to root for the Saints.

This year, though, the Bills hit a new low for me...I stopped caring after that week 1 loss to New England. It was indicative of what this football team has become.

Always had a soft spot in my heart for the Bears and Broncos (when they too, were 4 time Super Bowl losers).... but I hate the new coach...the New England connection has made me root for them to fail. I do love a good game, like the one last night between the Colts and Patriots. That is what I hope for most, classic games, great performances...it makes me long for the days when the Bills were involved in great games like that.

For this season, my rooting interests lie in this order:

1- Bills (as much as I hate the state they are in, I think it is shameful to ever want them to lose)

2- Saints (I have a friend who is a die-hard Saints fan, has been for about 35 years...those fans deserve something...very likeable team, from an underdog city...what is not to like?)

3- Bengals- their improbable run makes me hold onto that notion, as the great Kevin Garnett awkwardly howled "anything is possible"!

4- Vikings- I am in the small minority, it seems, that really appreciates all of the amazing moments Brett Favre has given me as a lifelong fan of the NFL. I would love to see him go out on top...it won't shut up his increasingly vocal detractors, but revenge can be sweet!

5- Colts- like Favre, and Elway before him, I just grow to appreciate Peyton Manning more and more with the passing of time. When all is said and done, he might be the greatest QB I have ever seen... plus, he makes mostly great commercials!

6- Falcons- Their sudden heights of success only prove to me, as a Bills fan, that a franchise can re-create itself in an off season or two. Who remembers, just two seasons ago, this was one of the very worst franchises in the NFL. Big ups to Arthur Blank!

7- Eagles- I wouldn't mind seeing Donovan McNabb finally win something. I think he has developed a thin skin, but I loved him at Syracuse, and I think, he is underrated by as many as he is overrated by others. You have to respect the way the Eagles just keep re-tooling every year, and staying in the mix.

Teams I would hate to see win it all:

Dolphins, Patriots, Cowboys and Chargers. I think those are obvious choices to all here...except the Chargers. Don't know why, but I really hate that team. Rivers and Merriman are complete jerks, and Tomlinson underwhelms in big games.

I root for other teams on a game by game basis.

Whoever is playing against the Cowgirls, the Dolfags, the Cheatriots and the Jests.

:lol:

That's pretty much where I am every Sunday as well. It's amazing that most of us have so much hate for a team outside of our division and a team that we only meet every 4 years. I've always hated them and can't stand that they've been dubbed "America's Team".

As far as who I would like to see win the Super Bowl (since the Bills are obviously out of the conversation), Saints (b/c they have so many former Bills and they need something to further bring that city together after Katrina) and Vikings (the Bills of the NFC in a way - 4 Super Bowls, albeit different years, but no championship).

Colts, since Bill Polian is there.

True also the fact that even though Peyton Manning has won a Super Bowl he still defends guys like Jim Kelly and Dan Marino (Great QB's who haven't won the big one) even though guys like Elway (Guys who have won titles late in their careers) after they have won a Super Bowl have bashed the guys who didn't.

I also love the fact that they in recent years they have been the rivals to the Pats* who I have so much hate for. So yeah I like the Colts not only because of Peyton Manning and Polian but they just seem like a class organization (Tony Dungy and the new coaching staff also are very classy).

The Colts have it all, Polian running the show and his son as the heir apparent, Peyton Manning a classy top ten all time QB, and a hot chick as their future owner.