Something bad happened today :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the afternoon at the Carolina Panthers / Atlanta Falcons game. I watched the scoreboard for Bills updates and checked my phone. Towards the end of the game I looked up and saw 41-17. I just shook my head and my Dad chuckled and told me it was expected. I have the game Tivo'ed at home an haven't had the heart to watch the game. I've done that numerous times this year (Cleveland). My passion is gone because no matter how well they play, I always wait for the other shoe to drop...

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :thumbsup:

We just need Ralph Wilson to kick the bucket, new front office, new coaches, new players, a few wins. Then ull get that emotion back.

I have been thinking about this a lot......

Even though I have West Coast roots I have been a fan of this team since before the Super Bowl years.......even when they had their bad years right before the Super Bowl run I knew that good things were coming simply from the talent of the players and you could tell that the front office had its act together.........

Last year when they didn't fire DJ I nearly called it a year and just stayed away from football this year.....I didn't want to freely admit it but I knew this was going to be a down year. It was simply unbelievable to me that we would keep things as they were given what happened last year.

But this I know......if this front office does not go a different direction and actually at least ATTEMPT to right this ship in the front office down I am done.....I cant see myself rooting for another NFL team but I wont spend a cent or waste a second of my time on this abortion that Ralph Wilson and company has created........

I am tired....just so tired as a fan. This Kool Aid tastes like @hit....

I have been thinking about this a lot......

Even though I have West Coast roots I have been a fan of this team since before the Super Bowl years.......even when they had their bad years right before the Super Bowl run I knew that good things were coming simply from the talent of the players and you could tell that the front office had its act together.........

Last year when they didn't fire DJ I nearly called it a year and just stayed away from football this year.....I didn't want to freely admit it but I knew this was going to be a down year. It was simply unbelievable to me that we would keep things as they were given what happened last year.

But this I know......if this front office does not go a different direction and actually at least ATTEMPT to right this ship in the front office down I am done.....I cant see myself rooting for another NFL team but I wont spend a cent or waste a second of my time on this abortion that Ralph Wilson and company has created........

I am tired....just so tired as a fan. This Kool Aid tastes like @hit....

You need to suck it up & not get down. Things will get better. If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger.

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :thumbsup:

Incredible! I'm not the only one who wondered why I didn't care? or get excited? even when they were doing well early on..I didn't yell, cheer, swear, get upset, or anything! My wife asked me if I was okay....Normally the whole mood of the house goes bad when the Bills lose! I even cheered near the end and yelled go when the Titans ran back an interception for a TD "GO GO" I yelled! My wife asked why and I said maybe if it gets bad enough Jauron will get fired and will get a higher draft pick...Otherwise no emotion at all!! This team is just so lousy with that joke of a coach. We need a top to bottom purge of coaches, scouts, etc.... NFL Draft 2010 Baby! that's my next football fun day (until they screw it up that is)

I love this team, having followed them for almost 40 years, but your post hit the nail right on the head for me as well. I've become a disinterested observer the last few weeks. I'm not sure when that happened, but it has and it's really sad. I'll keep watching, but Jauron's ineptness and the team's just pitiful on-field performances have really sucked the life out of my fandom. I'll always love the Bills and will watch every game, but I just feel like my "fan soul" has been ripped from my body by the assclowns that run this team right now.....

Me as well.

The worst is having season tickets this year (my first ever) have always wanted them and finally had the cash and means to do it and i almost dont want to go anymore. Its just painfully numb now

I stopped posting, for a while, after TO signed, because I realized how truly horrible I thought this team was, and it was starting to make me feel bad, personally. There were a slew of posters, at that time (I will call them "Kool Aid drinkers") who were crusading, telling people like me to buzz off, and doubting our "fanship". I can honestly say, I thought expecting anything more out of this team, than six wins, was not dealing in reality. But, you know what? As disgusted as I am/was, I still drag myself down to the Tavern every Sunday to watch the ass kicking of the week. It isn't because I love to drink, but I think it is because I realized, if the Bills ever stopped being the Bills of Buffalo, the thing I would miss, is the comoradarie with other Bills fans, more than the team itself. There is something comforting in knowing that there are so a handful of people in nearly every city, who know exactly how I feel, without having to explain it.

I reached the "no-emotion" state, with this team last season, when JP Losman fumbled a certain victory away, in the final minutes at the Medowlands. In previous weeks, I likely would have pounded on the table, slamed my glass down on the bar, and let out an f-bomb...but on that Sunday, I just looked at the guy sitting next to me...looked him in the eye, and we both started to laugh hysterically... that is the day the feelings died for me...

I feel the same way.

I think its because there is nothing at stake.

IF they win, big deal, they're 4-5 and still a joke of a team going nowhere. Worse yet, keeping Jauron might become possible.

IF they lose, they already suck so it doesn't matter.

So as a fan, its a miserable place to be in.

I love this team, having followed them for almost 40 years, but your post hit the nail right on the head for me as well. I've become a disinterested observer the last few weeks. I'm not sure when that happened, but it has and it's really sad. I'll keep watching, but Jauron's ineptness and the team's just pitiful on-field performances have really sucked the life out of my fandom. I'll always love the Bills and will watch every game, but I just feel like my "fan soul" has been ripped from my body by the assclowns that run this team right now.....

Damn I feel ya partner...

Im 45 and have been watching since the OJ years.

I have to watch the games but I don't expect much anymore. 10 yrs of not even having a sniff at the playoffs except for 1 year can do something to a fan.

The Real question is why is the stadium filled up every weekend? And the sad thing is Ralph KNOWS what it takes to field a great team but refuses to do it. He knows he has to have a great GM with Football background like Polian but refuses to pay for it.

That is what burns me the most. I blame Ralph for this.

The Fans who go to the games are getting ripped off royally. I feel sorry for us :thumbsup:

I have been a fan since my family moved to Buffalo when I was 10 in 1976. I have not lived in Buffalo in many years. However, I have not missed a game since my honeymoon in 1994 either watching in sports bars or on my dish. I have raised three kids to be huge Bills fans. My wife is from Dallas, and became a big Bills fan as well. Part of the deterioration of my marriage had probably a lot to do with the misery I have felt over all the losses and horrible performances this decade. (A fight usually ensued a bad loss at some point on a Sunday nite.) However, I have always believed that we would turn it around at some point. But this year the team has just been abysmal to the point of almost being unwatchable. The second half of the Saints game, Dolphins game, Browns game, even the wins against the Jets and Panthers, and the Texans game, and today's second half. Just disgusting football. Has anyone seen worse starting quarterbacking week in and week out than we have gotten? How about a worse O line man for man than ours currently in the NFL? What about our front seven? Is their a less physical group in the league?

Think about it, we probably have as bad a quarterbacking situation, O line and front seven in the NFL all on the same team. Is that combination possible? It really is remarkable how badly put together this team is. I am as big a fan of the team as anyone on this board, and the situation makes me sick. However, I am over the losses in much quicker fashion than ever before, because they are pretty much expected.

We all can only hope that there is a major housecleaning from TOP to BOTTOM after the season ends. We need to turn over close to half the roster if that is possible. I wore a Bills jersey EVERY Sunday from 1996 until this season. The last few games I have not worn anything that says Bills. They just don't deserve me wearing anything at this point. And that is really sad for me.

It is interesting to see how individuals react to non stop losing. I don't like it myself, but obviously those who are die hard Bills fans like us have knowledge of what that is like and it stinks. All I can tell you Mike and others is don't give up hope for the future of the Buffalo Bills. We'll be a better team next year, I hope.

I find the games to be comical. We have some of the worst players in the league. I laughed my tail off when kelsay tripped over his own feet trying to tackle Vince Young in the backfield. Schobel made a nice play to block off the screen and Kelsay just fell over himself as Vince Young walked around him. I too am sick of the Bills and just want this season to be over with. A new coach could spark my love for this team again

that happened to me 3 years ago. I'm used to it now. no more gut wrenching losses or subtle hope. reality is this team has no hope without a new coach and pro personnel guy, and without Ralph coughing up some dough to acquire both of those persons.