Something bad happened today :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :oops:

You are done.

A new Moen high neck with a pull out sprayer. Had a hard time getting the old one out.

yeah, me too. I had no idea (not having installed a kitchen faucet before) that you need a special wrench whos only purpose is taking off that one bolt...

I will always follow and support the Bills, but my interest is entirely clinical at this point. My feelings really cannot be hurt. I am not enthused or passionate about the games. Instead I problem solve. I know before the game begins that I will be looking at a thing that that is badly broken and underperforming. The challenge is to understand every aspect of a complicated problem: the continuing interest is in seeing if those in charge will or can do anything about it. I do believe that it is impossible for things to continue in this way and indeed they are so bad that they can only eventually get better. The end of tragedy is comedy and vice versa. It is an inevitable cycle.

I feel sorry for anyone associated with this team, players, coaches, fans, who has not managed to achieve stoic indifference.

I wasn't even sure if I wanted them to win, so I kept battling with myself over that. I started to get excited about the way they were playing in the first half, but then I'm like "do I want them to win"? I just don't want any chance of seeing Jauron back, I'm so fearful of it that I may not want them to win. It sucks I have to think about making sure our coach gets fired and getting a better draft pick in week 9. It's tough being a fan of this garbage year.

Same thing here. I end up laughing. It is a coping mechanism.

Seriously, how can the fans be smarter than the people who get paid to do this? It is actually funny how bad russ brandon is. He should go to hell. It makes me laugh, not cry, how bad this front office is. DJ's gametime decisions are actually funny! Really, how much more of a joke could it be?? So I laugh.

I found myself laughing often. The Bills are a comedy show to me now, not a football team.

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :oops:

I got there right after Jauron's first season. Jauron was obviously a bad coach, and Whitner was, even then, OBVIOUSLY a bad pick at #8 overall. But in Jauron's first season they actually played a lot better than in Mularkey's last. They had a foundation and an identity. They were a big play offense and defense. There was much to build on, even if it was obvious that Jauron was not the long term solution. Hey, at least they could build a stellar roster and that a good coach could then come in and win big with.

Then, they let Clements and Fletcher walk and dealt McGahee. After 7 years of second rate football we didn't deserve that. The moves for the most part were lauded by Bills fans who expected more from those players.

I however, now knew the season was in the tank and the organization headed for another era of failure right there. You don't take steps back at that point, not when you had to play ultra conservative football just to win 7 games. It was predestined that they would then try to replace those guys with high picks, and even if those high picks then succeeded they would only get the roster back to square 1. Knowing that Jauron was the coach, it was imperative that the roster be super stocked(like SD is for Norv Turner) and that was obviously not clear to management. They overvalued another head coach and undervalued their own players yet again. That took the air and optimism out of my fandom.

I've been chuckling at the sorry football ever since. Gone is any real anticipation of the game, it's just a ritual now. I laughed so hard I almost burst into tears at that Dallas game they blew on Monday night 2 years ago. I'd have been outraged years before. I laughed when I realized they were going to keep Jauron after the collapse last season, especially that horrible finish against NE at home. In a way, it's actually comforting to know that this team isn't going to demand any emotional involvement. Haven't had one of those Monday "Bills loss" hangovers in years.

And it's kinda' funny seeing so many other people reach that point of realization just now. There are a few people in this thread who are now turning on the organization who were very much defending it in years past. They were instead attacking people with a negative viewpoint on the organization.

Note to them: you were wrong. Very wrong.

Remember that the next time you are defending the organization for their perculiar ways with money, poor choices of management and coaches and silly reach draft picks, etc.. I support the team by buying tickets and merchandise, it's not just a matter of being negative. However, they ceased deserving the benefit of the doubt years ago.

We deserve good coaching, legitimate NFL systems in place and a truly competitive team as often as not(and no, winning 7 games by not taking chances and surviving despite being ragdolled by teams that are actually trying to get BETTER does not qualify as being competitive). I mean, compared to other fan bases we are very patient. No reason the Bills shouldn't have the same kind of modest success as the Sabres enjoy.

Even when we scored 1st, you just knew they'd still screw up the game and find a way to lose :oops:

It was nice to show my 2 year old son what is was like to have the Bills score. We played the shout song and everything. He has not experienced that much in his life.

and then........................

I can top that. I bought a Ukelele Friday night and was messing around with it while I was watching the game. I soon became engrossed in the fine art of diddling a Uke* to the point where I missed everything between 7-0 and 14-17.

The Ukelele was actually more interesting.

* This phrase was inserted to encourage as much sophomoric humor as possible. I can't throw a slower pitch than "diddling a Uke".