Something bad happened today :(

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a great day- i intentionally did not watch or listen or check for one single score from start to finish. did you guys know it was absolutely gorgeous out? just beautiful beautiful great day to be alive.

i saw the final score 45 minutes ago for the first time and had a great big belly laugh.

i was very productive and i threw ZERO f-bombs.

good for you, ralph: you're killing the team! happy? :oops: i didn't watch, so i was.

i fully intend to skip next week's game too...it's awesome, you guys should try it!

I have been a Bills fan since I was a kid the 60's, and my dad has had season tickets since 1961. I now live in LA and [unfortunately] made my 12 year old into a Bills Fan (whuch means he has not seen a playoff game since he has been out of diapers].

Not only have I lost all emotion for the Bills (Last night I took the Bills magnets off of our fridge) I actually root for them to lose - because that is the only way that Ralph will make any changes. I feel no obligation of loyalty to a team that feels no loyalty to its fans.

As one person so aptly commented [paraphrased]: "How can a bunch of no-nothing fans no MORE than so-called experts at OBD!

I hear you...

The Bills will be 200 miles from me next Sunday. I can get tickets for next to nothing, have a free place to crash, etc. Furthermore, my college team has a bye week, so no other football games to hold my interest. I'm not going...I just don't care. Only reason I logged on here was to see what the final score was, as I haven't paid attention to the NFL in the last several weeks.

Yeah, im glad im not the only one who felt this way. Usually on Sunday my household is loud because im yelling at the t.v. Today I just didnt care. Hopefully this changes soon. I mean I still watch them because they're my Bills but I cant say I really cared about the game. No emotion for the good plays because the bad would soon follow...

i had a great day- i intentionally did not watch or listen or check for one single score from start to finish. did you guys know it was absolutely gorgeous out? just beautiful beautiful great day to be alive.

i saw the final score 45 minutes ago for the first time and had a great big belly laugh.

i was very productive and i threw ZERO f-bombs.

good for you, ralph: you're killing the team! happy? :oops: i didn't watch, so i was.

i fully intend to skip next week's game too...it's awesome, you guys should try it!

I skipped the Miami game and have never seen even a single play from it. Also tailgated for Cleveland and then skipped the game and went home because I felt it would be unwatchable. Days well spent. I watched today because I didn't feel like staying home but didn't want to do any yard work. It was comforting to see Trent back. Checking down every other drop back. His checkdowns actually lead to some first downs today. You missed it!

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :oops:

i felt the EXACT same way!

Leaving Sam's Club last night, the guy at the door that checks your receipt saw my Bills sweatshirt and said something about the Bills winning today. I said probably not. He replied that I can't quit on the team, I replied that I hadn't quit, just didn't care anymore.

So I turn on the game today, cozy up to the TV with some wings and pizza and a nice tall Blue Moon. Watch the first half and realized something. My emotion was gone. I didn't react to a single good play or bad play. I watched as if I was viewing a documentary on atomic theory.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :thumbsup:

I had to run a basketball practice for my 10 year old daughter's team. Had to leave at 1:30 and did not get home until 3:30. Normally would have driven me batty--I did not even check the score -- even though it would have been easy to.

During the water breaks from practice, I threw the football with the other coach's son--who is one of the better sophomore high school football players in our area. He is a 6'1" wide receiver with great hands and speed. My 49 year old arm still has a little life -- it was fun.

The older I get I realize that being a fan is supposed to bring joy. When it doesn't -- its a chore -- I have enough chores already in my life -- don't need any more. Buffalo Bills....I had a great day without you. When things change -- and it brings joy to be a fan -- I'll be back, but until then--sorry--I have more joyful things to do.

The older I get I realize that being a fan is supposed to bring joy. When it doesn't -- its a chore -- I have enough chores already in my life -- don't need any more. Buffalo Bills....I had a great day without you. When things change -- and it brings joy to be a fan -- I'll be back, but until then--sorry--I have more joyful things to do.

That is about as well put as I have ever read. Sums it up perfectly.

In 20+ years of being a Bills fan I've never felt nothing. Today I felt nothing. I'm afraid they may have killed my very last cell of caring. :thumbsup:

At least you made the effort to order the pizza and wings and cozy up to the couch...I didn't even bother to get out of bed until the game was over and I, still to this minute, have not seen as much as a highlight from that game...

...happy to say, its not that bad a night.

Had the same experience today too, man. I remember how upset I was week 1 when we blew the lead on the Pats. I couldn't even speak to anyone for the rest of the night because I was so pissed off. Contrast that with today, and it's like I did an emotional 180. I wasn't really "in position" at 1pm, but I eventually got around to finding the game on JTV. At some point durign the first half, I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the 4pm games had gotten well underway. I saw the final score of the Bills game appear at the bottom of the screen and it didn't really stir up anything inside of me. They gave up 41 pts? Eh, who cares.

I'll never love another team more than I do the Bills until the day I die. That's just how it is and that's how it will always be. But there is just nothing about this team right now that is of any concern whatsoever.