Poslusny Exposed today

Stussy109

He looked like a 400lb pig out there chasing down Chris Johnson. In addition he repeatedly took bad angles to end up 5 yards behind the play chasing it down. How about when he blitzed and got through the line, he was so shocked, he decided to play pass defense instead of going for a sack, ended up giving up a 12 yard run to vince young.

This whole team is a joke.

props to Bryan Scott

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked like a 400lb pig out there chasing down Chris Johnson. In addition he repeatedly took bad angles to end up 5 yards behind the play chasing it down. How about when he blitzed and got through the line, he was so shocked, he decided to play pass defense instead of going for a sack, ended up giving up a 12 yard run to vince young.

This whole team is a joke.

props to Bryan Scott

dude everyone would look like a 400lb pig trying to catch Chris Johnson, who is probably one of the 5 fastest players in the NFL.

How can we focus on Poz when our other two LBs were Draft and Scott? Yea Poz is not great but Draft 100% blows, Scott is a safety, and if Dickie had his way, Ellison wouldnt leave the field. Ellison FYI is the worst starting LB in the NFL. Our D line is not much better and all of our DBs took terrible angles too. TO sucks on offense and we have the worst O line in the league. We have the worst coach IN NFL HISTORY. THAT IS A STATISTICAL FACT (for HCs with at least 100 games). F*ck my life

Many ILBs will look ridiculous isolated one on one vs Johnson or VY. Young just happens to have monster game vs Bills because they have the prototypical D that can't stop him. You cannot defeat VY out of the pocket and have to force him into making throws. Bills didn't do enough of that.

How can we focus on Poz when our other two LBs were Draft and Scott? Yea Poz is not great but Draft 100% blows, Scott is a safety, and if Dickie had his way, Ellison wouldnt leave the field. Ellison FYI is the worst starting LB in the NFL. Our D line is not much better and all of our DBs took terrible angles too. TO sucks on offense and we have the worst O line in the league. We have the worst coach IN NFL HISTORY. THAT IS A STATISTICAL FACT (for HCs with at least 100 games). F*ck my life

I am expecting Wilson to play OLB with Scott on other side next week in oredr to get more DBs on the field and be undersized.

When the game was tied in the fourth quarter - Titans third and goal from the two yard line - Johnson runs into the line and Poz (and Scott) fails to wrap him up. Johnson scores and the game falls apart from there. Apart from the lack of speed, your middle linebacker has to wrap up a guy at the two yard line on third and two in a tie game.

When the game was tied in the fourth quarter - Titans third and goal from the two yard line - Johnson runs into the line and Poz (and Scott) fails to wrap him up. Johnson scores and the game falls apart from there. Apart from the lack of speed, your middle linebacker has to wrap up a guy at the two yard line on third and two in a tie game.

Scott made a weak play but you can't give Paul Posluszny grief on that series. He sold out just to get penetration and make it to the spot; you can't expect him to be under enough control to break down and wrap up as well. He laid a nice pop on him to knock him back but where the hell are the other 10 guys?

Busting on the only guy who actually got across the LOS is crazy, imo.

Scott made a weak play but you can't give Paul Posluszny grief on that series. He sold out just to get penetration and make it to the spot; you can't expect him to be under enough control to break down and wrap up as well. He laid a nice pop on him to knock him back but where the hell are the other 10 guys?

Busting on the only guy who actually got across the LOS is crazy, imo.

Ever heard of the expression "make a play"?

Making excuses for a player who misses a tackle behind the LOS on third and goal in a tie game in the fourth quarter is crazy, imo.

dude everyone would look like a 400lb pig trying to catch Chris Johnson, who is probably one of the 5 fastest players in the NFL.

Is Thomas Jones one of the 5 fastest in the NFL too? Because I watched Poz play an absolute stinker in the Meadow Lands this year, a big reason Thomas Jones had 2 career long runs that game.

Is Chris Johnson fast and a great back? Yes

Has Posluszny played terrible all year? Yes

We need a new MLB next year, for sure. He is way too slow in covwerage and also can not make tackles at the line of scrimmage. Watch Chris Johnson's last TD run. Scott just about had Johnson corraled then Poz comes in gets a piece of Chris Johnson, but more importantly a good piece of Scott enabling Johnson to get away from Scott and get the TD.

Watch some film of Winfield Poz, taking out their legs is a lot more effective then trying to take them down chest high.

The guy may run for 2000 yards this year.....Poz is hardly the only one exposed. EVERY MLB has been exposed by this guy. He is a GREAT player

I agree with others who have said we have way more problems, particularly at linebacker, than Poz, but to say Poz is a great player is laughable. He is mediocre. Unfortunately because he is surrounded by guys who are not even mediocre, he is exposed. We need good players covering for his mediocrity. And as we all agree on...we don't have many of them.

I honestly feel bad for Poz right now...Whitner is on the pine, Maybin hardly plays, Poz is the only whipping boy for you guys right now. I thought Scott made Poz look like Dick Butkus out there. But that shouldn't be all that surprising seeing as to the fact that Scott is a safety.

I wonder if he'll help influence (as was rumored) the team in to using another high draft choice on one of the great Nittany Lions. I think we can all admit that this team would not be in the position it is today without the contributions made by POZ and Aaron Maybin. Hats off to the scouting department. :wallbash:

Ever heard of the expression "make a play"?

He did make a play. He got penetration (for the 2nd time in 3 plays) and popped the ballcarrier.

There's no way he can gather himself and wrap a guy up when he's attacked a gap that hard just to get there. The rest of the troops need to take advantage of him stuffing the play and get in on the tackle.

He did make a play. He got penetration (for the 2nd time in 3 plays) and popped the ballcarrier.

There's no way he can gather himself and wrap a guy up when he's attacked a gap that hard just to get there. The rest of the troops need to take advantage of him stuffing the play and get in on the tackle.

Fine. That play isn't impossible. I guarantee Ray Lewis takes him down. That play probably is a good indicator for defining what a solid middle linebacker is. Making a hard, clutch play is something we thought Poz was capable of when we drafted him.