Losman still sucks

Chick Marmelade

Now that's a ridiculous statement.

I'll take bad over bad?

I think JP had a few more turnovers than Edwards, friend-o. He also tended to hold onto the ball wayyytoo long as he stared at his receiver, waiting for him (Evans) to get open.

Oh, and did I mention that he fumbled at the most inopportune times?

Ohhhh... and Mr. Edwards has proven to to be just sooo much better. PLEASE GET A CLUE! :(

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take bad over bad?

I think JP had a few more turnovers than Edwards, friend-o. He also tended to hold onto the ball wayyytoo long as he stared at his receiver, waiting for him (Evans) to get open.

Don't know if you've been watching Edwards lately, but it's not like he's been taking care of the ball in the last two yrs.

Losman's fault for holding onto the ball too long is the direct result iof his game - he waits to make a big play, while Edwards is content on checking down as soon as there's trouble. I think we've seen the downside of both players' faults. People got deluded by Edwards ability to avoid the big sack, until you walk away from the game and see that the O only scored two FGs.

Anyone who's watched UFL & Losman objectively would recognize that he's made big strides over the season. In his first game, it was classic Losman - taking big sacks, careless ball handling, erratic passes. But over time, his game markedly improved - he's much better at hitting outlet passes and is being judicious in taking what the D gives him and not forcing it into coverage for a big play. Right now, he's the 2nd best QB in the league. That's not saying much, but the bigger story is the improvement in his play, which should be evident to everyone but his biggest haters, who said that he couldn't change.

I don't doubt that he & Bollinger get another look in the NFL next year.

JP has a cannon arm and serious wheels. So many of us were hopeful that he would be the man. But he lacked "it." That ability to feel the pressure, to sense the blitz, the vision to see his receivers, an accurate delivery. That is the crucial ability for the QB--being able to fuse these things with an awareness of time and space and making a good decision to put the ball where it needs to go.

Brady, Brees, P. Manning and a few others playing today. All different but all of them were able to develop this football QB sense. Maybe JP never got the chance or maybe he doesn't have the innate talent...but he never displayed it. It's this intangible quality even pro scouts...those people who are the very best predictors of football talent...oftentimes are not able to judge a QB prospect in this area.

And you can't ignore the talent or lack of talent that surrounds you...the O-line...can make a mediocre guy look pretty good (the cheaters last year). Not sure how even Drew Brees would do if he was in Buffalo...

Don't know if you've been watching Edwards lately, but it's not like he's been taking care of the ball in the last two yrs.

Losman's fault for holding onto the ball too long is the direct result iof his game - he waits to make a big play, while Edwards is content on checking down as soon as there's trouble. I think we've seen the downside of both players' faults. People got deluded by Edwards ability to avoid the big sack, until you walk away from the game and see that the O only scored two FGs.

Anyone who's watched UFL & Losman objectively would recognize that he's made big strides over the season. In his first game, it was classic Losman - taking big sacks, careless ball handling, erratic passes. But over time, his game markedly improved - he's much better at hitting outlet passes and is being judicious in taking what the D gives him and not forcing it into coverage for a big play. Right now, he's the 2nd best QB in the league. That's not saying much, but the bigger story is the improvement in his play, which should be evident to everyone but his biggest haters, who said that he couldn't change.

I don't doubt that he & Bollinger get another look in the NFL next year.

The whole point of him going to the UFL was to get a chance to play and improve. And, yeah, that's pretty much what has happened. (But, it's understandably hard to quell the raw excitement of seeing yet another Bills 1st round pick fail. :( )

Just flipped through the channels and saw that Las Vegas and California of the UFL are playing. Lost-man just took a sack at his own 5. Bushh league football to be sure, but Losman belongs here. Almost spit out my beer when Paul McGuire said that JP will one day be back in the NFL... I hope he comes back and plays for Miami. :(

I bet he's on someones roster next year, as a backup of course but it surprised me nobody atleast brought him to camp this year. I believe with decent coaching he could be a very good backup and maybe even a solid starter one day.

I hear you to a certain point i.e. Edwards and Fitzpatrick aren't getting it done. Losman didn't get it done either. They are all QBs that are not starting material for the NFL. Time to bring in the next hope.

I agree with YOU to a certain point.

None of the three have gotten it done in this system. But it has begun to seem very likely at this point that it is the system handicapping the QBs and not the other way around. 3 QBs (and more before that), one system, no results.

Sure, it could be the QBs, I guess ... seems just as likely, though, if not more so, that it's the system.

If JP's glorious 2006 season with 19 TD passes (that's 1.1875 TD per game) is the benchmark, then we have truly lowered our standards :(

For a guy who had played as little as he had, a guy as young as he was at the time, a guy with a truly wretched offensive line, and a guy with recievers that made our current guys look very good indeed, 19 TD passes was indeed very very good.

But our OC saw that he played much better late in the year with the playbook opened up and, with fiendish cleverness, closed it up again. JP was never even close to the same.

I'll take bad over bad?

He sure did that last year or two after he regressed. But in 2006, with an playbook, he was good.

I'll take bad over bad?

and did you mention that even though he had more turnover, couldn't read a defense, held on to the ball too long, that he was STILL a more feared qb than Trent on his best day. That's pathetic. Can't wait til we get 2 new qbs next year. We need 2, I'm sure the starter will be knocked out in the first 3 games if the year.

Guest dog14787

JP Losman has thrown for almost 1200 yards in 4 games with 9 TD, 2 interceptions and a 62.6 completion percentage.

A win next Saturday may clinch a match up with the Florida Tuskers for the UFL championship.

Why the hate toward JP? He is not a bad guy but he did have poor coaching. If he does not make the grade to be an NFL QB why slam him for trying? Wish him the best, hope he gets another shot and hope he makes it. Get off his @ss. He has tried harder at his job than most guys on this board try at theirs. Also he is not quitting so give him kudos for that. He also took more interest in the city of Buffalo than any QB since Kelly.

Guest dog14787
Why the hate toward JP? He is not a bad guy but he did have poor coaching. If he does not make the grade to be an NFL QB why slam him for trying? Wish him the best, hope he gets another shot and hope he makes it. Get off his @ss. He has tried harder at his job than most guys on this board try at theirs. Also he is not quitting so give him kudos for that. He also took more interest in the city of Buffalo than any QB since Kelly.

Jim Fassel has helped Losman make some adjustments in his leg work and body positioning when releasing the ball and has had real good results in my opinion, just goes to show what some good coaching can do for an athlete, especially at the QB position.

I seriously don't get these laugh at Losman posts. Edwards has been here three years has hasn't come close to the 19 touchdown passes Losman threw in ''06. Not saying JP is NFL starting material, but don't act like our team's QBs woes are way behind us. The sad truth of the matter is I'd rather have Losman starting today than Edwards or Fitzy. This is how far things have fallen. But go ahead and yuck it up boys.
It's not about Edwards & it's really not about JP, it's about JP's fans, they were the biggest pinheads on this board, and they need to be reminded how wrong they were. Hope this helps. :(

It's not about Edwards & it's really not about JP, it's about JP's fans, they were the biggest pinheads on this board, and they need to be reminded how wrong they were. Hope this helps. :(

No, but it certainly helps us to remember what buttheads we were up against. Thanks for that.

I watched that game. The sack you are talking about was due to the RB not picking up his block. JP was hit from his blind side...not his fault. Love how people love to sling crap without sharing all the facts. I hope JP all the best...glad he is still playing the game he loves.

It's not about Edwards & it's really not about JP, it's about JP's fans, they were the biggest pinheads on this board, and they need to be reminded how wrong they were. Hope this helps. :censored:

If someone wants to look like a jackass by creating a thread mocking JP while the Bills QB situation has worsen then by all means have at it. I personally think that's like a guy who's living in a run down trailer, laughing at a guy living in a flea bag motel.

:(

Ever hear the term "people in glass houses..." you freaking moron? Considering who our starter is, threads about how much Losman sucks are stupid. Have I cleared things up for you jackass? Now go back to sniffing glue.

LOL ok bonehead. You started the Losman vs Edwards bull ****....when Losman isn't even on the team. The thread simply states "Losman still sucks". If you think "Losman still sucks" discussion is "stupid" DON'T READ IT BONEHEAD! Maybe you are JP himself...LOL, or maybe his stool pusher.

I think you are the one smoking something...JP's pud perhaps?

Get a life loser.