Hardy in, Omon out

The_Philster

Everyone is making a big deal of this, but has Omon even played since the regular season started? All he was doing was taking up a seat on the bench anyway. He was one of the players the Bills get all the time, plays great in the preseason against backups and never does anything during the regular season. Kinda like Steve Johnson and a few others.

That is two failed late round RB draft picks in a row. HMMM... Where do you draft lineman to develop overtime???? HMMM Where would Ron Wolfe draft a QB everyyear to stumble upon the likes of Matt Hasselback and Kurt Warner.

I wouldn't exactly call Oman "failed". He never got much of a chance and looked fine when he was in there. Frankly, not cutting a receiver is ridiculous. Besides the obvious lack of depth it creates at the RB position, how is Hardy ever going to get reps if there are 6 other guys eating them up.

I wouldn't exactly call Oman "failed". He never got much of a chance and looked fine when he was in there. Frankly, not cutting a receiver is ridiculous. Besides the obvious lack of depth it creates at the RB position, how is Hardy ever going to get reps if there are 6 other guys eating them up.

Hardy is tall - he does not need reps to fine tune his only attribute

The sad part is all he needs is one decent game and he can catch both Evans and TO in # of TD catches. Even if he had been healthy this year and last we would not know any more than we do now on his abilities. Jerry Rice in his prime could not make a difference with this offense.

I wouldn't exactly call Oman "failed". He never got much of a chance and looked fine when he was in there.

Right. Got some time and looked very capable early on when Lynch was out.

Frankly, not cutting a receiver is ridiculous. Besides the obvious lack of depth it creates at the RB position, how is Hardy ever going to get reps if there are 6 other guys eating them up.

Right again...so obviously right. Just one more more head-scratching move from our clueless FO.

Everyone is making a big deal of this, but has Omon even played since the regular season started? All he was doing was taking up a seat on the bench anyway. He was one of the players the Bills get all the time, plays great in the preseason against backups and never does anything during the regular season. Kinda like Steve Johnson and a few others.

Omon has 8 carries on the year, all in the first 3 games (that Lynch missed). The issue is that RB is easily one of the most injury-prone positions in football. Over the course of the remaining 8 games, it's almost guaranteed that at least one of our backs misses significant time (i.e., at least a quarter or so) in a given game. The chances of both going down in the same game aren't very high, but they are significant. And if it happens with no 3rd RB on the roster, our offense will be royally screwed.

Of course, our offense is royally screwed no matter what, so I guess it doesn't really matter. But if we had a real offense, carrying 2 RBs could lead to a catastrophe. It's just another sign that the decision-makers are less than competent.

It's a little like firing Turk right before the season: Probably didn't wind up making a difference on the field, but it's not a move that a winning organization would make. This is less significant, but the same kind of thing.