Rosenhaus tells it like it is

I'm petty sure at least some players if not several, hear it right here.

No matter how they sugar coat it, everyone on the team knows how awful a coach DJ is there is just no escaping it.

:wallbash: Geez... I hope you're wrong. If any of the players read this tripe they would be on strong medicine for depression.

Speaking of depression, I need to get a new picture of Ralph. There are so many dart holes in the current one that I can no longer tell if it's him or not.

As far as the Rosenhaus comments, he is just doing his job (even though I think he is the scum of the earth). Any fan not in denial has known since T.O. was signed that his strategy is to clean up his act before signing with a pro team next year. Rosenhaus is trying to cover for his cash cow as much as possible. :thumbsup:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if his words are 100% true, players don't like to hear that from outsiders, and especially I'm guessing from a teammate's agent.

If they don't like to hear it, the o-line should open some holes and stop the opponents defensive line from beheading whoever is behind center.

If Trent does not like to hear it, he should grow a pair and learn how to throw the ball 20 yards without being wildly irratic.

If Dick doesn't like to hear it, he should find a way to start getting his team prepared to compete every week, and stand up to the sh*tty front office and tell them to get this team some f**king help.

At this point there should not be one Bills fan on the planet who gives a flying f*ck if they don't want to hear it. Because we sure as hell don't want to see it anyomore.

If they don't like to hear it, the o-line should open some holes and stop the opponents defensive line from beheading whoever is behind center.

If Trent does not like to hear it, he should grow a pair and learn how to throw the ball 20 yards without being wildly irratic.

If Dick doesn't like to hear it, he should find a way to start getting his team prepared to compete every week, and stand up to the sh*tty front office and tell them to get this team some f**king help.

At this point there should not be one Bills fan on the planet who gives a flying f*ck if they don't want to hear it. Because we sure as hell don't want to see it anyomore.

10-4. And some of this talk blaming the AVP are just BS. I am sure the guy didnt can the OC a week before wk 1 and to go from QB coach to OC is a big jump. I think he gets a pass, especially after the NE game wk 1.

I disagree 100%. I've watched the same games you have. We have both watched T.O. get seperation down the field countless times. I don't like the few he's dropped, but it seems that has always been a problem with him, despite his Hall of Fame numbers. But what I don't like much more then that, are the times neither Edwards nor Fitz has been able to get the ball down the field to him while he still had steps on the d-back! The man is in amazing physical shape, and he certainly had no trouble "seperating" himself from the Texans D on his TD reverse run, did he?

If Fat Van Pelt has even a pea sized brain, playing behind what I also agree is the worst line in the NFL today, and perhaps one of the very worst in NFL history, he should incorporate many two step drop and throws out to the sidelines or stand up and throw over the middles to both Evans and Owens, beginning with the very first offensive play from scrimmage at the Titans a week from Sunday! If both Rosenhaus and I are convinced Owens still has "seperation speed" and playmaking ability, then Van Pelt should just take a page out of that old Keyshawn Johnson book and "get T.O. the damn ball"! If Edwards is too scared to stand up and throw it, and Fitzy is too inaccurate to throw the ball near him, then Brandon should spend some of the money he saved by cutting Walker and sign Garcia for the second half of the season! Jeff could come in, shake hands with the diva, and they could make something special happen for 8 games - if I remember correctly that was all we got out of Drew Bledsoe's 3 years in Buffalo anyway!!

very well said. i couldn't agree more. i can think of at least once every game where T.O. has beaten his defender by at least a step or two....

You know Rosenhause wouldn't being saying such potentially inflammatory stuff (but it is the Buffalo Bills, will anyone outside of Bills "nation" even notice?), unless he had Terell Owens (his client) blessing. Eight weeks into this miserable season, and the Owens camp is trying to put their official spin on this horrid season... this is Owens way of letting other franchises' know, he is still out there, and willing to sign with the highest bidder next season. I don't say this out of animosity toward Owens (although I always hated this signing), but I don't think that cutting his playing time, at this point, to see what Hardy, and Johnson can do, would be out of line. He isn't freeing up Evans, he isn't making Trent Edwards a better QB, things ain't working. The Bills should start trying to see what they have next season. There is no reason to expect, or wish, Owens will be part of the 2010 squad.

No Peters is a fat, overrated greedy MF who was just looking for a big payday and look at his stats he is no better than BEll...blah..blah.. BLAH! And Walker is a dough boy who doesn't look the part and is out of shape and couldn't keep up with the no-huddle offense we scrapped..blah blah BLAH!

Like I said in the offseason: for those who bashed J Peters unrelentlessly and over analysized every fricken mistake he made, you must have forgotten the revolving door type we had at the position for years! For those who says he wouldn't have been happy here... SO WHAT???? We had him under contract with 2,3 years left and he had no alternative but to show up and play! Peppers, Ocho Cinco,A Boldin, Brandon Marshall all were unhappy campers with their squadsand wanted to be paid or traded but guess what... they either played or sat at home...guess what they played! And after his contract is up franchise his @$s! The pass protection has not been that bad the past 2 years. The run blocking sucked but our QBs kept taking coverage sack after coverage sack because they couldn't get anybody open. Now they don't have the time to find anybody. Think about where this team would be if we had kept both JP and Walker at tackle and at a minimum resigned Big Pat and London Fletcher...we'd be contenders that's for sure!

Bell has given up 5 sacks, 5 QB hits and 17 pressures.

Peters has given up 2 sacks, 1 hit and 3 pressures.

Bell has 9 penalties, Peters has 2.

The Eagles offense is ranked 15th, ours is 29th.

The Eagles are 5-2, the Bills are 3-5

The Eagles are in first place in their division.

The Bills are dead last in theirs.

Sounds about right to me, except for the use of the word "potentially."

The real question will be how does the line get fixed this offseason. I have no hopes that it will. I don't know if there are any quality LTs or RTs availabe this offseason, I doubt that the Bills will spend the money necessary to sign one or two quality tackles. That leaves the draft, and if the Bills believe that they need a qb, then we are looking at using a second or third round pick on a tackle that needs to be a quality starter next year. The chances of that, particluarly for a rookie left tackle, are not promising.

Losing Peters, for whatever the reason, has been devastating for this team and will continue to be for at least the next couple of years.

You better hope that Jauron gets fired. If he somehow remains HC, he and the FO will say they have confidence in Bell and Butler and blah blah blah. No major free agent signings will occur and they will probably draft someone or some position that nobody likes.

number one, coaching.

Agreed there.

There are quite a few Bills players who are less than thrilled with their coach. Word gets around in a small town.

The bottom line is Jauron.

Who decided to cut Walker after moving him to LT? Who decided to retain Schonert this off-season, then can him a few days before the season opener? Who was hell-bent on running the no-huddle? Who wanted a "pop warner offense?"

It all comes back to the head man and his lack of knowledge when it comes to offense and overall leadership.

The truth of the matter is that Langston Walker was cut by the finance man (Jeff Littman) and not the HC or football staff. Littman was the person who decided that once the coaches favored Bell for the LT spot and Butler was going to start the season as the RT Walker was going to be a reserve. The decision to cut Walker was made by Littman for financial reasons and not football reasons.

Jason Peters departure had nothing to do with his talents. No one, even at OBD, would argue that he wasn't our best lineman. The issue was he had a contract. What wasn't emphasized by this loopy organization is that the contract was signed when he was a RT. The scale for LTs is much higher. It is not unreasonable for a LT to want LT money. The organization felt they had the leverage and he and his agent pushed back.

My main crticism with this inept organization is not the trading of Peters so much as not having a realistic fallback position after the trade. Believing that Langston Walker could do an adequate job at LT was ludicrous. When any organization makes a number of personnel decisions not all of them work out as expected. But their miscalculation was not only outrageous but it was reckless.

Changing the HC is the least of this laughable organizations problems. The incompetent and not always lucid owner has created an organizational structure which is incapable of succeeding. :wallbash:

No Peters is a fat, overrated greedy MF who was just looking for a big payday and look at his stats he is no better than BEll...blah..blah.. BLAH! And Walker is a dough boy who doesn't look the part and is out of shape and couldn't keep up with the no-huddle offense we scrapped..blah blah BLAH!

Like I said in the offseason: for those who bashed J Peters unrelentlessly and over analysized every fricken mistake he made, you must have forgotten the revolving door type we had at the position for years! For those who says he wouldn't have been happy here... SO WHAT???? We had him under contract with 2,3 years left and he had no alternative but to show up and play! Peppers, Ocho Cinco,A Boldin, Brandon Marshall all were unhappy campers with their squadsand wanted to be paid or traded but guess what... they either played or sat at home...guess what they played! And after his contract is up franchise his @$s! The pass protection has not been that bad the past 2 years. The run blocking sucked but our QBs kept taking coverage sack after coverage sack because they couldn't get anybody open. Now they don't have the time to find anybody. Think about where this team would be if we had kept both JP and Walker at tackle and at a minimum resigned Big Pat and London Fletcher...we'd be contenders that's for sure!

i was with you right up until the london fletcher part. that guy has to be th most overrated defensive playerin franchise history. i suppose with williams in front of him he would not look terrible, but that guy got dragged 2 yards on ever single tackle. other than that, i could not agree more with your post. another sam cowart would look real good in the middle of this defense...

Losing Peters, for whatever the reason, has been devastating for this team and will continue to be for at least the next couple of years.

What teh hell are you talking about? We won 6 games with Peters last year? We are pace to win that many this year? What a silly statement.

As for Drew, he is kinda right. But the funny part is that he doesn't call out his own client's performance. He doesn't mention key 3rd down drops that may have led to points or 2 possible touchdowns he has dropped.

I respect him for the job he does for his clients. But he still is a short sighted snake. :wallbash:

What teh hell are you talking about? We won 6 games with Peters last year? We are pace to win that many this year? What a silly statement.

As for Drew, he is kinda right. But the funny part is that he doesn't call out his own client's performance. He doesn't mention key 3rd down drops that may have led to points or 2 possible touchdowns he has dropped.

I respect him for the job he does for his clients. But he still is a short sighted snake. <_<

Actually what the first guy said is true. Losing Peters has a very long term negative impact. The exact same thing can be said for Mike Williams not working out. I hate looking in the rear view mirror but had we kept Peters and if Williams played to potential (or if we had not been afraid to draft McKinnie because of his agent) we would have two premier bookend tackles. All we would have had to do was draft or buy a good center.....you can grow guards on a tree. This line could have / should have been set for for the last few years and in great shape for another 8 to ten years. But we never had football people making the decisions. It wasn't who was better it was who is easier to sign Mckinnie or Williams. It wasn't locking up your emerging tackle it was signing Dockery and Walker and ignoring the linch pin of the line. Hindsight is 20-20 but a lack of common sense and football smarts has plagued this team for years. We could offer to trade our entire O-line to Philliy for Peters right now but I bet Philly wouldn't take that trade.

Actually what the first guy said is true. Losing Peters has a very long term negative impact. The exact same thing can be said for Mike Williams not working out. I hate looking in the rear view mirror but had we kept Peters and if Williams played to potential (or if we had not been afraid to draft McKinnie because of his agent) we would have two premier bookend tackles. All we would have had to do was draft or buy a good center.....you can grow guards on a tree. This line could have / should have been set for for the last few years and in great shape for another 8 to ten years. But we never had football people making the decisions. It wasn't who was better it was who is easier to sign Mckinnie or Williams. It wasn't locking up your emerging tackle it was signing Dockery and Walker and ignoring the linch pin of the line. Hindsight is 20-20 but a lack of common sense and football smarts has plagued this team for years. We could offer to trade our entire O-line to Philliy for Peters right now but I bet Philly wouldn't take that trade.

The Eagles best tackle right now is Winston Justice and Peters is giving up sacks at about the same rate Bell is. Our record would be the exact same and Peters isn't an elite LT. Accept it.

The Eagles best tackle right now is Winston Justice and Peters is giving up sacks at about the same rate Bell is. Our record would be the exact same and Peters isn't an elite LT. Accept it.

<_<

"Bell has given up 5 sacks, 5 QB hits and 17 pressures.

Peters has given up 2 sacks, 1 hit and 3 pressures."

Um ... those numbers are not even close. And the Iggles and Bills have played a pretty similar schedule thus far (Philly has played KC, NYG and Wash compared to the Bills playing Tex, NE, Clev) -- if anything, Philly has had a more difficult schedule as far as defenses faced and Peters is performing far and away better than Bell.

Peters is a top 5 LT talent who plays more like a top 15 -- and is easily capable of reaching his full potential as a dominant force at LT in this league. Despite his lazy play at times, he's still far and away better than anyone on the Bills roster. While the Bills would still have the same record had they kept Peters (because the bulk of this crap-tastic season rests at the feet of the worst coach in the league), they wouldn't be forced to address the LT position in the first round (again) in 2010. Instead, they could have been building some much needed chemistry with Peters, Levitre, Hangarter and Wood that would serve them well in the next season and beyond.

The Bills offensive line is a joke. Their entire coaching staff is a joke. And their personnel decisions this past off season have been crippling to the team's immediate future. It's going to take a massive rebuilding project to fix it and as a result Bills fans are looking at 2 or 3 more years of playoff drought.

<_<

"Bell has given up 5 sacks, 5 QB hits and 17 pressures.

Peters has given up 2 sacks, 1 hit and 3 pressures."

Um ... those numbers are not even close. And the Iggles and Bills have played a pretty similar schedule thus far (Philly has played KC, NYG and Wash compared to the Bills playing Tex, NE, Clev) -- if anything, Philly has had a more difficult schedule as far as defenses faced and Peters is performing far and away better than Bell.

Peters is a top 5 LT talent who plays more like a top 15 -- and is easily capable of reaching his full potential as a dominant force at LT in this league. Despite his lazy play at times, he's still far and away better than anyone on the Bills roster. While the Bills would still have the same record had they kept Peters (because the bulk of this crap-tastic season rests at the feet of the worst coach in the league), they wouldn't be forced to address the LT position in the first round (again) in 2010. Instead, they could have been building some much needed chemistry with Peters, Levitre, Hangarter and Wood that would serve them well in the next season and beyond.

The Bills offensive line is a joke. Their entire coaching staff is a joke. And their personnel decisions this past off season have been crippling to the team's immediate future. It's going to take a massive rebuilding project to fix it and as a result Bills fans are looking at 2 or 3 more years of playoff drought.

The Bills drafted Wood with the pick they got from Philly for Peters.

The Bills drafted Wood with the pick they got from Philly for Peters.

I'll play C. Biscuit for a moment here. What if the Bills hadn't gotten Wood with that pick? Would they be as bad? Probably, but what if the Bills didn't have Donte Whitner? They'd probably be just as bad too.

The point is, among all of this is it's not individual players, aside from perhaps the play of this QB that affects the team. It's the management structure, from owner down to HC and assistants. Rosenhaus knew when TO went to Buffalo that the franchise was crappy, but his client had nowhere else to go. Frankly, agent and player had run out of options for the money they wanted, reluctantly agreeing to terms with a bottom of the basement franchise.

Nothing changes in Buffalo until there is a competent GM, good HC, and everyone named Modrak, Guy, and Overdorf are fired. That and Brandon reverts back to being lead ticket salesman.

I'll play C. Biscuit for a moment here. What if the Bills hadn't gotten Wood with that pick? Would they be as bad? Probably, but what if the Bills didn't have Donte Whitner? They'd probably be just as bad too.

The point is, among all of this is it's not individual players, aside from perhaps the play of this QB that affects the team. It's the management structure, from owner down to HC and assistants. Rosenhaus knew when TO went to Buffalo that the franchise was crappy, but his client had nowhere else to go. Frankly, agent and player had run out of options for the money they wanted, reluctantly agreeing to terms with a bottom of the basement franchise.

Nothing changes in Buffalo until there is a competent GM, good HC, and everyone named Modrak, Guy, and Overdorf are fired. That and Brandon reverts back to being lead ticket salesman.

When TO was on the market no other team in the league was interested in this toxic and fading player. So what does this goofball organization do? The Bills jumped in and gave him a $6 million + contract when he couldn't even get a sniff from any other team. Of course Rosenhaus and TO quickly made the deal. There were no other choices for them. While the Bills lose quality players because they play hard ball negotiating contracts with contributing players already on their roster, they, for marketing reasons, jump on a player who was ill suited for this team for a number of reasons. As Forest Gump has said: Stupid is as stupid does.