Roy Williams sounding off on Romo

Althought I have no respect for what Roy has to say, and most people would say that TO was being a bit crazy last year. This does raise eyebrows about Romo (who I've never understood the fascination as to why everyone thinks he is so great)
He gets the ball thrown correctly his way," Williams said. "I'm stretching and falling and doing everything. Everybody [else] who's been here's balls are there.

If everyone else is in sync with the QB as Williams says...doesn't that mean Williams is the problem?

If everyone else is in sync with the QB as Williams says...doesn't that mean Williams is the problem?

Like I said, I dont exactly back Roy Williams, but TO seemed to have the same issues. It just might mean that Romo is a bit of a drama magnet.

Roy Williams put up some pretty good #'s on some pretty bad teams in Detroit. I don't think he's fallen that far in one year. I think the injuries have hurt his timing with Romo and his game overall this year, but RW is far from being another "UT underachiever". He does need to shut his mouth though and just play football, especially when your team is WINNING.

Roy Williams is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He is slow and awkward in and out of his routes. Miles Austin is a much better WR, it's not even close. The Cowboys got taken to the cleaners on that trade. Roy put up decent numbers on bad Detroit teams that were always playing catch up. He also played under the also vastly overrated Mike Martz. Detroit knew what they had and Williams spent most of his time there, on the trading block. A panicked Jerry Jones took the hook.

Roy should shut up and enjoy the checks he's stealing. It's pretty freaking sad that a player is stirring up trouble on a team that's coming into it's own and winning, especially because he's unhappy with his own stats. Good luck selling that to a fanbase that already thinks your a bum.

Althought I have no respect for what Roy has to say, and most people would say that TO was being a bit crazy last year. This does raise eyebrows about Romo (who I've never understood the fascination as to why everyone thinks he is so great)

Remember a few years ago when the entire football-world insisted Hines Ward was underrated which made him not underrated anymore? Romo is the anti-Ward now.

I've never understood the consensus obsession with calling him overrated when he's been ripped by everyone under the sun ad nauseum and nobody has said he's any good in about three years. And yet he is good. Not great but good. It is possible to be the QB for Dallas and neither be a HOFer or suck. Give me him on the Bills any day.

Remember a few years ago when the entire football-world insisted Hines Ward was underrated which made him not underrated anymore? Romo is the anti-Ward now.

I've never understood the consensus obsession with calling him overrated when he's been ripped by everyone under the sun ad nauseum and nobody has said he's any good in about three years. And yet he is good. Not great but good. It is possible to be the QB for Dallas and neither be a HOFer or suck. Give me him on the Bills any day.

With the underwhelming QB play in today's NFL, Romo is certainly one of the better ones. If he was better as a holder on FG's, he'd actually have that elusive postseason win. It's just the nature of ESPN life today to immediately crown someone the greatest or throw him to the lions.

Part of Romo's success/failure drama is simply a result of playing for the Cowboys. Some of it, like dating starlets and posing for papparazzi and taking Mexican vacations in-season, Romo has brought on himself. They will love you and eat it up when you're winning, and criticize you for the same stuff you're losing.

Like you said, he's a good QB. Same as Jimmy Clausen is a good QB for Notre Dame. But when you play for a lightning rod team like that, emotion takes over some people and they have to declare "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE'S GREAT" or "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE SUCKS" every Monday.

With the underwhelming QB play in today's NFL, Romo is certainly one of the better ones. If he was better as a holder on FG's, he'd actually have that elusive postseason win. It's just the nature of ESPN life today to immediately crown someone the greatest or throw him to the lions.

Part of Romo's success/failure drama is simply a result of playing for the Cowboys. Some of it, like dating starlets and posing for papparazzi and taking Mexican vacations in-season, Romo has brought on himself. They will love you and eat it up when you're winning, and criticize you for the same stuff you're losing.

Like you said, he's a good QB. Same as Jimmy Clausen is a good QB for Notre Dame. But when you play for a lightning rod team like that, emotion takes over some people and they have to declare "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE'S GREAT" or "SEE, I TOLD YOU HE SUCKS" every Monday.

Excellent post! This kind of scrutiny is such a commonplace today. It's really a testament to how shortsighted we have all become. Every celebrity, athlete, politician, poster, or brand name either sucks or is the greatest ever.

Which is a little strange to say because I just crushed Roy Williams. I am the worst.

Yah, exactly. He'd also have the postseason win if Patrick Crayton wasn't horrible vs. the Giants (not surprising since Crayton is horrible in general). He wasn't bad in either game.

Like I said, I dont exactly back Roy Williams, but TO seemed to have the same issues. It just might mean that Romo is a bit of a drama magnet.

Really???

Romo doesn't seem to have trouble finding Miles Austin, does he?

And Romo didn't have much trouble padding TOs career stats last year, did he?

And TO is now playing the role of 6.5 million dollar diamond earring on the $50 hooker that is the Buffalo Bills.

Doesn't look like Romo was/is the problem after all, chief.

Really???

Romo doesn't seem to have trouble finding Miles Austin, does he?

And Romo didn't have much trouble padding TOs career stats last year, did he?

And TO is now playing the role of 6.5 million dollar diamond earring on the $50 hooker that is the Buffalo Bills.

Doesn't look like Romo was/is the problem after all, chief.

Romo cracks under pressure.