Anyone got tonight's Syracuse hoops score?

Lori

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'CUUUUUUSE!

I don't really care about being #1. It's just sweet to win the BE reg. season and get a 1seed in the ncaa's, which doesn't happen very often. Kansas at least has a comparable body of work so I could live with them maintaining the top spot. Kentucky otoh doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same class with their garbage schedule/conference. They're now 1-1 against tournament teams on the road - that's great, congratulations.

'CUUUUUUSE!

I don't really care about being #1. It's just sweet to win the BE reg. season and get a 1seed in the ncaa's, which doesn't happen very often. Kansas at least has a comparable body of work so I could live with them maintaining the top spot. Kentucky otoh doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same class with their garbage schedule/conference. They're now 1-1 against tournament teams on the road - that's great, congratulations.

1) Completely agree on KY.

2) I will say that Purdue head-to-head against Syracuse is the one team that I think could smoke us; they're like Pitt/Louisville defensively, only better, and much better offensively. But with Hummel out, they've taken a huge step down. Still, I think cuse leapfrogs them based on the quality of the Villanova win.

3) On the game, Wes was off--yet we still dominated. I thought the bigs killed it inside, Scoop was key early, and Rautins probably had his best "passing game" of the year.

For anyone that knows about how such things tend to work.....

What are the chances that Syracuse will be playing its first round game in Buffalo in a couple of weeks?

It seems to me that the NCAA tends to put the bigger teams kind of close to home when they make up the brackets and you would think that would makes sense for them because I imagine they would sell a lot more tickets for it being only 2 hours from Syracuse.

For anyone that knows about how such things tend to work.....

What are the chances that Syracuse will be playing its first round game in Buffalo in a couple of weeks?

It seems to me that the NCAA tends to put the bigger teams kind of close to home when they make up the brackets and you would think that would makes sense for them because I imagine they would sell a lot more tickets for it being only 2 hours from Syracuse.

Very, very good -- especially since SU is hosting the regionals and is barred from playing at home.

so they officially are number 1....one AP writer voted Kansas #1 and SU #3....not surprisingly the voter is a 'journalist' and 'sports editor' for the Lawrence Journal World and News. Now I do not profess to know the rules or obligations that are involved in being a voting member of the AP poll, but I would imagine it has to involve removing personal feelings when voting...as much as that is possible. The polling is already very subjective, but I would think a journalist with the responsibility of ranking teams would try to be a bit balanced. One may be able to argue Kansas staying at number 1 and not vaulting a #4 into the spot...i get that(kind of)....but to have 3 teams ahead of you lose and only get voted to move up one spot...especially when defeating a top ten team...i hope someone in authority to do so calls this guy out...i think he diminishes the importance of the rankings, and to a lot of people it is important. If anyone cares to contact this person and let him know(respectfully and professionally of course) what you think of his vote...

Tom Keegan can be reached through this link

Lori, I want to thank you for starting this thread for all of SU Bball fans. The initial dagger that it was has turned into a rather nice way of tracking how AWESOME this team is! They are good, really good.

Lori, I want to thank you for starting this thread for all of SU Bball fans. The initial dagger that it was has turned into a rather nice way of tracking how AWESOME this team is! They are good, really good.

Great point; it's hilarious to go back and read our panic-stricken statements after the LeMoyne exhibition loss.