Bring back Rusty Jones.

Two guys went down with groin injuries. We have more injuries every year than I remember us ever having in the past. What is the deal? Something is wrong when we lose guys like we're in Nam.

I hope when they clean house they move everybody out.

I completely agree with you. When Rusty was here, the defense could play 70% of the game without being winded or injured (Superbowl teams). Now, its like demolition derby and our guys are the wrecks left in the middle of the field. It's appauling to watch, and you have ask yourself is it the coaching or the team. I think its the coaching.

Most of the injuries are coming on the defensive side of the ball. That's what happens when your on the field for 50 out the 60 minutes of the game. If the offense could get a first down they might be able to catch their breath. The defense has come to play this year, but the offense is killing them.

Funny, a couple of weeks ago, I was watching a Bears game with a good friend of mine, who is a huge Bears fan. One of their guys went down, and he says "Jeezuz...what is it with this team? I have to really wonder what kind of conditioning they do. They can never stay healthy..." I just chuckled...

Yet our strength and conditioning coach is in advertisements as far as developing a conditioning program in health clubs

He cashed in his status as one of maybe 90 strength coaches (head and assistants) in the NFL. Don't equate that with being an innovator in the field or having a superior level of competence (though I am not questioning his competence). Get any S&C industry monthly and you'll see 'the luminaries of the trade' pimping any gizmo/system/supplement that has the jack.

Funny, a couple of weeks ago, I was watching a Bears game with a good friend of mine, who is a huge Bears fan. One of their guys went down, and he says "Jeezuz...what is it with this team? I have to really wonder what kind of conditioning they do. They can never stay healthy..." I just chuckled...

Exactly. Rusty's not exactly Florence Nightengale over there in the Windy City. They're the walking wounded ward.

Two guys went down with groin injuries. We have more injuries every year than I remember us ever having in the past. What is the deal? Something is wrong when we lose guys like we're in Nam.

Here's the latest "hit" list from CBS Sportsline (daily, practice, and PUP/IR):

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries

I see that the HOU TE Daniels got put on IR.

i made a post about this a few weeks back. not having him is a HUGE blow. i think he was "let go" when mularkey/donahoe were here, and he ended up with the Bears the year they went to the Super Bowl. Good luck sucking him back to Buffalo after living in Chi-town...

things we need that are feasible for RW to actually do (ie wouldn't be totally out of character for him)

1.) fire Jauron, Guy and Carpenter

2.) Keep Brandon as COO (marketing/business) and bring someone like Chris Polian in as "VP of Football operations" (his current role in Indy)

3.) Attempt to bring along with Polian, Pete Metzelars and Frank Reich as position coaches (jobs they currently hold with the colts) to help re-connect with the fan base

4.) allow polian to hire his own HC

i'm going to post some info i found on him in a different link

How about Owen Daniels going down early in the game with a torn ACL on a non-contact fall? That's a major injury for Houston. Do they still have that AstroPlay surface at RWS? i recall the company went bankrupt shortly after Donahoe had the field installed. i think the Bills were the only NFL team to use that specific product. To me it always looked blotchy and "slippery" compared to the FIeld Turf used by most teams. I wonder if groins and knee injuries are more common on that stuff?

i made a post about this a few weeks back. not having him is a HUGE blow. i think he was "let go" when mularkey/donahoe were here, and he ended up with the Bears the year they went to the Super Bowl. Good luck sucking him back to Buffalo after living in Chi-town...

things we need that are feasible for RW to actually do (ie wouldn't be totally out of character for him)

1.) fire Jauron, Guy and Carpenter

2.) Keep Brandon as COO (marketing/business) and bring someone like Chris Polian in as "VP of Football operations" (his current role in Indy)

3.) Attempt to bring along with Polian, Pete Metzelars and Frank Reich as position coaches (jobs they currently hold with the colts) to help re-connect with the fan base

4.) allow polian to hire his own HC

i'm going to post some info i found on him in a different link

I actually was saying the same thing to a friend of mine a week or two ago (minus the position coaches). I definitely agree that you keep Brandon and hire a "football" guy like Polian. I think one of the important things to look for in said "football" guy is you get him from another team that does well currently and has not had their front office picked over. It would have to be someone from a team like the Giants or Colts who haven't lost many FO people, so you have first pick from thier decision makers instead of third pick (or worse, depending on how many have already left for other jobs).

How about Owen Daniels going down early in the game with a torn ACL on a non-contact fall? That's a major injury for Houston. Do they still have that AstroPlay surface at RWS? i recall the company went bankrupt shortly after Donahoe had the field installed. i think the Bills were the only NFL team to use that specific product. To me it always looked blotchy and "slippery" compared to the FIeld Turf used by most teams. I wonder if groins and knee injuries are more common on that stuff?

Interesting point.

Wow - Pass-the-pipe had been calling for this since last year....Saying the same thing as you.

Exactly. Rusty's not exactly Florence Nightengale over there in the Windy City. They're the walking wounded ward.

We have horrible seasons for injuries, league-leading types of seasons for two out of three years. It's beyond the level of coincidence. There's a reason. And losing Rusty is probably the single main reason for us having such horrible results.

And is it really all on defense, or does it just seem that way? Think about this.

OFFENSIVE GUYS WHO HAVE LOST TIME THIS YEAR:

Trent.

Demetrius Bell.

Jamon Meredith.

Stupar.

Brad Butler.

Jonathan Scott.

Schoumann.

Hardy.

Corey McIntyre.

Shawn Nelson.

And that's not even counting Justise Hairston and Marvin Philip who are on IR from training camp.

This is insane. You don't want to judge too quickly, but after the last three years there can be no doubt that something is horribly wrong.

I'd like to see a breakdown of initial knee-ankle-groin injuries that occured at home vs. on the road. As i mentioned above, i think the surface at RWS is inferior. Head and upper body injuries are usually not specific turf related.

Interesting point I think if you are the Bills organization you have to look into the causes for these huge amounts of injuries (2007 was a nightmare season and this season isn't looking good either and even 2008 had a more then average amount of injuries). And the playing turf which according to you isn't what most teams use could be part of the reason for the injuries.

If you are Ralph Wilson you have to fire the strength and conditioning coaches those guys just aren't getting the job done the last 3 years.

I completely agree with you. When Rusty was here, the defense could play 70% of the game without being winded or injured (Superbowl teams). Now, its like demolition derby and our guys are the wrecks left in the middle of the field. It's appauling to watch, and you have ask yourself is it the coaching or the team. I think its the coaching.

I agree there is something there.