Thurs Practice Injury Report - Headache?

Defensive end Chris Kelsay was added to the Bills' injury list after he didn't practice Thursday due to a sore back. He is expected to start Sunday.

Williams, safety Donte Whitner (ankle), right tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle), tight end Shawn Nelson (migraine headache) and fullback Corey McIntyre (sprained knee) did not practice for a second straight day.

Not to question the toughness of this team or the coaching staff, but could you imagine getting out of a Belechick practice with that excuse?

Defensive end Chris Kelsay was added to the Bills' injury list after he didn't practice Thursday due to a sore back. He is expected to start Sunday.

Williams, safety Donte Whitner (ankle), right tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle), tight end Shawn Nelson (migraine headache) and fullback Corey McIntyre (sprained knee) did not practice for a second straight day.

Not to question the toughness of this team or the coaching staff, but could you imagine getting out of a Belechick practice with that excuse?

He had a concussion in the Jets game. :lol:

Yes, with a migraine.

Post-concussion? Post-Ted Johnson? Absolutely.

ever had a migraine tough guy?

Nelson seems to be dinged up all the time. Even going back to the OTA's- he misses a lot of practices.

Many people cannot function when they get a migraine (myself included). I can't see for a half hour prior to the migraine due to the aura effect that is kind of like a big blob of tv static. It is extremely painfull and can cause hypersensitivity to light and sound. I've even had times when it caused my arm or leg to go numb. (thought I was having a stroke) You have obviously never had one.

Ever had a Migraine before? Seems doubtful, since you write it off as a headache. A migraine is a neurological reaction to some type of environmental trigger (MSG, for example) or event (concussion, or bright light) and is extremely debilitating. People who get migraines get something called an aura, which makes your eyesight freak out. Basically, you can hardly see.

So before you post, understand what you are posting about. There's no way ANYONE no matter how tough could play with a migraine.

Lori reminded me about his concussion which is a legitimate reason to stay out. Apparently, my topic has expanded to whether sitting out of practice or a game with a migraine is legitimate.

My brother and I have both suffered from migraines, but I still went to work. Not pleasant at all, but you suck it up.

He still gets them fairly regularly, but I somehow grew out of them.

Lori reminded me about his concussion which is a legitimate reason to stay out. Apparently, my topic has expanded to whether sitting out of practice or a game with a migraine is legitimate.

My brother and I have both suffered from migraines, but I still went to work. Not pleasant at all, but you suck it up.

He still gets them fairly regularly, but I somehow grew out of them.

Your "migraines" must not have been as bad as what most people experience. Questioning someone's toughness for not being able to work while suffering from a migraine makes you look like a real jackass. I gaurantee you would not "suck it up" and go to work if you had a migraine similair to the ones that I and some of the other posters have experienced.

I can't see for a half hour prior to the migraine due to the aura effect that is kind of like a big blob of tv static.

I have had that happen occasionally for many years now, but without any headache -- the only symptom is the impact on my vision. I get the blob, and that causes my balance to be off a bit, but that's it and it wears off in about 20 minutes. Very bizarre. I went through the whole battery of tests with the neurologist and they didn't find any other explanation.