My New Thought on QB 2010

He's matured quite a bit, and he's older. He's always had great potential and has looked good as a QB now that he's older and more mature. Now we should get a rookie with a high upside but needs development. That's why I like Pike from Cinci.

We keep TE and see if his brain and unfreeze from down-field-initis and keep Fitz. Hamdan can go at this point. I could be happy with that for next year...

And oh yeah, get rid of the head coach unless he is willing to be demoted to DC with a paycut. The guy cannot lead an offense.

I literally just read another thread talking about Jeff Fischer from the Titans and thought that was the most retarded thing I would read today.

NOPE! :lol:B-)

Im kinda torn on veteran QB's...the names that could be available/cut after 2009-2010 season are:

Alex Smith

David Carr

Mike Vick

Mark Brunell

Mark Bulger

Jake Delhomme

Jeff Garcia

Brady Quinn

Derek Anderson

Kerry Collins

Vince Young

Sage Rosenfels

Tavaris Jackson

Chris Simms

Chad Pennington

John Beck

Billy Volek

Byron Letwich

Tyler Thigpen

Charlie Batch

AJ Feely

list can go on, but everyone gets the picture...

I wouldn't mind trying out Simms & Volek if they become available, as a back-up role!

About the only name on that list that I would like to see them pickup is Brady Quinn. Maybe Alex Smith because he is somewhat still young, but the other ones are washed up backups, or draft busts (so far Alex Smith fits this too) for the most part.

You gotta stick with trent one more year i think. Lets sure up the O-Line, change out the offensive coordinator, re-group our WR core, and lets try again with Trent before dumping him...

Also, we need to sure up the defense a bit. Especially the run game. Need to sign or draft a big DT, and figure out a way to get Maybin to rush the passer.

Then Draft a CB in the first round, that should help us out alot in the passing game.

Fixing the defense will go along way towards helping the offense in my opinion. Trent needs one more year before I'll give up on him.

(By the way....before you flame away...one of the items above was a joke...)

I hope the whole thing about starting Trent w/o competition was a joke also.

I never said I wanted Carr to start for us. I just don't see the great rookie or FA that starts. I think having him for a back-up wouldn't be a bad idea and would be better competition for a starter between Fitz and TE. It would be TE, Fitz, Carr.

Yes, I know Carr has sucked, but he looks far more mature in his 2 years with the Giants. Whoever thinks I said I want Carr as the undisputed starter is a retard.

I never realized Smith was a FA this year as well... knowing that I would take Smith over Carr, although he might play well enough to make it a tagging thing with the 49ers if he continues to play at this level.

He's matured quite a bit, and he's older. He's always had great potential and has looked good as a QB now that he's older and more mature. Now we should get a rookie with a high upside but needs development. That's why I like Pike from Cinci.

We keep TE and see if his brain and unfreeze from down-field-initis and keep Fitz. Hamdan can go at this point. I could be happy with that for next year...

And oh yeah, get rid of the head coach unless he is willing to be demoted to DC with a paycut. The guy cannot lead an offense.

David Carr? Why dont you just bring in Jp Loserman too. I rather shoot myself than watch david carr play qb. You bring in a winner, not a guy that knows how to get sacked or lose games. Bringing in Carr is stupid. Now, I agree with bring in a rookie, but you have to use Bill Parcels theory. Bring in a 3 year starter (in college) who knows how to win

NOT DAVID CARR (that may be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard) Who does he even play for this year?

David Carr? Why dont you just bring in Jp Loserman too. I rather shoot myself than watch david carr play qb. You bring in a winner, not a guy that knows how to get sacked or lose games. Bringing in Carr is stupid. Now, I agree with bring in a rookie, but you have to use Bill Parcels theory. Bring in a 3 year starter (in college) who knows how to win

NOT DAVID CARR (that may be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard) Who does he even play for this year?

Have you seen him play this year or last? He plays smoother with the game. He played for the Giants and has looked decent.

I would read what I just posted, right above what you said and you will understand I wanted him for depth, not as a starter.

I must say Im don't like any of those names with the exception of Alex Smith, he is starting to look pretty good. It would be interesting to see if Trent had a line to protect what he would do. Then again who knows. First thing is first though get some good lineman in here to protect whoever the QB is going to be and open up the holes for Lynch and Jackson. I don't think I can take another Browns type game!

If Trent had a better O-line, all that would mean is he would have more time to decide to either check down or take a sack. The guy is just not a good quarterback.

One of the worst things this team could do is draft a QB with our first round choice just for the sake of drafting a QB out of need. If the FO isn't fully convinced that there is a QB that merits our early first round choice, then lets just beef up the lines on both sides.

Personally, I don't see any QB that excites me, now of course I'm sure that will change as we're approaching the combines, as we all know that every year some QB emerges, but in my view I'd like to pick up some Offensive and Defensive tackles in this years draft.

Good free agent Qbs are next to impossible to find. Especially if you are looking for starter material. Unfortunately, this team needs to bring in a couple of free agents or rookies to compete. Obviously, TE is not a safe bet anymore. The list is void of any appeal but the keys can't just be handed over anymore.

A scarier situation is what is going on in Oakland. At least we aren't paying our underachieving Qb a king's ransom. The Bills would be wise to learn from their mistake. You don't draft a QB early unless you are close to sure about it. Some teams just draft according to need and that is a brutal mistake. The current Qb situation is bad but it could be worse, if they just start firing from the hip.

Im kinda torn on veteran QB's...the names that could be available/cut after 2009-2010 season are:

Alex Smith

David Carr

Mike Vick

Mark Brunell

Mark Bulger

Jake Delhomme

Jeff Garcia

Brady Quinn

Derek Anderson

Kerry Collins

Vince Young

Sage Rosenfels

Tavaris Jackson

Chris Simms

Chad Pennington

John Beck

Billy Volek

Byron Letwich

Tyler Thigpen

Charlie Batch

AJ Feely

I wouldn't mind trying out Simms & Volek if they become available, as a back-up role!

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Bleeeech.

Draft Locker. Or Clausen.

Alex Smith

David Carr

Mike Vick

Mark Brunell

Mark Bulger

Jake Delhomme

Jeff Garcia

Brady Quinn

Derek Anderson

Kerry Collins

Vince Young

Sage Rosenfels

Tavaris Jackson

Chris Simms

Chad Pennington

John Beck

Billy Volek

Byron Letwich

Tyler Thigpen

Charlie Batch

AJ Feely

Pennington picked up to start the season

Thigpen picked up to compete with Pennington

Young Rookie drafted to learn and win the spot outright by year 2

Pennington picked up to start the season

Thigpen picked up to compete with Pennington

Young Rookie drafted to learn and win the spot outright by year 2

2nd thought. The Bills will not pick up a QB in the draft (at least not in the first 2 rounds) as they will not pay rediculous prices for an early QB. They will most likely try for someone in FA to complete with Trent and Fitz for the starting job. Draft OL or DL/OLB(depending on how the Tackles progress throught the year) and sure up the front lines of both offense and defense. They would most likely take a QB early in the 2011 Draft when there is a rookie salary cap, and give Trent/Fitz/? one more year to progress with better protection/talent.

I hate to say it, but if that is all the available FA QB's in 2010 and we can't trade for a proven leader starting QB, then I think I take my chances with Captian Checkdown and try to get the best quarterback available in the draft....At this point in his career, Edwards is a better option than anyone on that list, with the possible exception of Quinn, who has shown less than Edwards has at this point in his career.