It is clear MM is a major problem

ICE

Gee, how about the longest tenured coach with same exact systems (regardless of coordinator changes)?

How about the virtually unblockable Joey Porter instead of the woefully inadequate Jeff Posey?  The Steelers frustrated Brady all day by sending no more than zone blitzes and Porter all day.  Virtually everytime we blitzed, Brady ripped our safeties for huge gains.  Jerry Gray should have learned a VERY valuable lesson yesterday.

How about the emergence of Deshae Townsend in the Steelers backfield, while we're playing a virtual rookie and friggin' Ike Reese.  Aaargh.

How about the fact that Donahoe drafted 5 of the Steelers OLinemen?

How about the fact that no matter who was our coach in 2001 or 2002, we weren't going to contend because our salary cap situation was ridiculous?  The choice of Greg Williams cost us pretty much only last season, which probably would have been an 8-8 campaign, plus the learning curve of the new (and vastly improved) staff.  Whoopie.

There were a few of us who said the acquisition of Bledsoe was a mistake when it happened.  We were called idiots when the team got out of the gate 5-3 his first season.  Thanks for jumping on.

Everytime the BILLS lose a game, the naysayers come out and say we need to can everyone from the owner to the fuggin' waterboy.  Stability is the key to longterm success in the NFL.  I'll grant everyone the frustration we've earned as fans over the past few seasons, but tossing the baby out yet again is not going to result in the immediate turnaround so many people seek.

The hotpockets crowd shows their ugly impatient face, yet again.

119255[/snapback]

Stability? You have ripped on our talent that needs to be replaced, then preach stability? Which is it? New talent or keep the crap we have and wait 4 MORE fuggin years while it rots?

Bottom line Tom Donahoe has been the problem. Lose Donahoe the Steelers keep going. We get Donahoe and went backwards. This IS TD's team. It is ALL on him. Personel, Coaches, trainers etc. ALL Are his decisions including the 12:01 AM call to Houston Texas to get Posey.

Stability? Ok here is my suggestion...

1) Move Donahoe to President only. he handles day to day and sales stuff. Market the Bills etc.

2) Modrak is GM. Handles all personel decisions. Draft, Free agents etc.

3) MM and coaching staff stays.

4) Move Mike Williams to LG, Price to RT.

5) start losman the rest of the year. the 'couching of a QB' is pure bull stevestojan. He was on an EXPANSION Team. Many experts tonight on various shows have agreed Bledsoe is done. They have also said if you have a ROOKIE that you believe is your FRANCHISE QB...then you play him now. Ala Eli Manning and Rothlesburger.

6) trade henry for what you can get.

7) play vincent at Safety.

Address the OL first and formost this offseason. Get in as many camps as the NFL allows. Shore up the OLB, and CB positions via free agency.

Now what you have done is keep your continuity by keeping damn near everyone. The thing is you have now taken the one man that has screwed up personel out of the Equation. Modrak is on staff and has a good record at Talent e v a l and drafting. You are now getting reps for your 'franchise QB'. You have also kept most of your D in place while upgrading our greatest weaknesses.

seems like pretty damn easy solutions to me.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this stevestojan....

:D

Oh and TD answered the same old same old again this week. blah blah, blah blah I have my head up bledsoes ass blah blah blah, all is good in the land of makebelieve blah blah blah.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2932

119128[/snapback]

I couldn't even get through it. He didn't even attempt to answer any of those questions.

Just out of curiosity, do you think it's a bad idea to start JP now, or are you just replying to nonsense posts?

I have been on Bledsoe's side all along.  He has been our QB, and I have supported him.  I have blamed the OLine, which I still stand by, but I can't do that anymore.

Last night, Bledsoe had time to throw.  He had open recievers.  He couldn't get it done.  Now, our D played like crap, so we may have lost the game anyway, but you I cannot excuse Bledsoe's play.

Even in the past few games, when Bledsoe has played well enough, he still didn't play like a team leader needs to play.  I have come to realize (not just today, but for the past 5 or 6 games) that while Bledsoe MAY be able to not screw up a game for us, he will also NEVER be a guy that can carry the team to a win.

Is JP that guy?  Who the hell knows.  But I cannot find a reason not to put him in there and see what happens.  I really don't think, and this is of course just my opinion, that JP will turn into another Couch based on a few bad games.  He's too friggin cocky for that to happen.  Frankly, I don't care if we win another game this season, as long as JP is the one in there losing them.

Having him get in there and show some sort of spark will help this team dramatically.  It will give the current team members confidence, and depending on how well he and the Bills do for the rest of the year, it could even help with free agency. 

We need something here.  ANYTHING!  Even the biggest Bledsoe supporter (I was one) cannot deny that he is simply not the answer...now or ever.  Bring in the next generation.

BTW, for all those out there with the conspiracy theory that TD/Ralph are behind the decision to keep Drew in the game, I still think you are nuts.  Until MM comes out and says "Hey, JP would be in the game if my hands weren't tied", I will consider you all morons.  When that happens, I will admit I'm wrong.

Sorry for the length.

119287[/snapback]

I think it's a bad idea (NOW). In a few weeks, when he's had some snaps in practice - by all means.

He's not ready either physically or mentally. I don't care how cocky you are when you are getting hit by a freight train over and over again. Eventually it has an effect on EVERY quarterback. Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Steve Young. The hits add up.

I think it's a bad idea (NOW).  In a few weeks, when he's had some snaps in practice - by all means.

He's not ready either physically or mentally.  I don't care how cocky you are when you are getting hit by a freight train over and over again.  Eventually it has an effect on EVERY quarterback.  Joe Montana, Jim Kelly, Steve Young.  The hits add up.

119299[/snapback]

Darin go listen to the guy. He was not ready because 1) not given reps. 2) was on the sideline in sweats THEN they pop it on him that he goes in.

dude, honestly....he is as ready as he can be without getting a full week of reps and start.

Stability?  You have ripped on our talent that needs to be replaced, then preach stability?  Which is it?  New talent or keep the crap we have and wait 4 MORE fuggin years while it rots?

Bottom line Tom Donahoe has been the problem. Lose Donahoe the Steelers keep going. We get Donahoe and went backwards. This IS TD's team. It is ALL on him. Personel, Coaches, trainers etc.  ALL Are his decisions including the 12:01 AM call to Houston Texas to get Posey.

Stability?  Ok here is my suggestion...

1) Move Donahoe to President only. he handles day to day and sales stuff. Market the Bills etc.

3) MM and coaching staff stays.

4) Move Mike Williams to LG, Price to RT. 

5) start losman the rest of the year. the 'couching of a QB' is pure bull stevestojan. He was on an EXPANSION Team. Many experts tonight on various shows have agreed Bledsoe is done. They have also said if you have a ROOKIE that you believe is your FRANCHISE QB...then you play him now. Ala Eli Manning and Rothlesburger.

6) trade henry for what you can get.

7) play vincent at Safety.

Address the OL first and formost this offseason. Get in as many camps as the NFL allows.  Shore up the OLB, and CB positions via free agency. 

Now what you have done is keep your continuity by keeping damn near everyone. The thing is you have now taken the one man that has screwed up personel out of the Equation.  Modrak is on staff and has a good record at Talent e v a l and drafting.  You are now getting reps for your 'franchise QB'.  You have also kept most of your D in place while upgrading our greatest weaknesses.

seems like pretty damn easy solutions to me.

119292[/snapback]

Except I didn't rip our talent. I think we are three positions and a journeyman WR away from being as good as anyone in the NFL. You addressed TV at safety. There's one. Posey is another. I'm not sure I wouldn't be seeing what another OLBer on the roster would be doing rather than watching weight room Adonis get run over or take a bad angle on another play. The other is obviously QB.

I'm sorry, I'm just not willing to stick a kid in who's probably had 30 snaps in the last 3 weeks. Call me crazy. I don't care if the Browns were an expansion team - we're not exactly giving this kid the keys to a ferrari, either.

Except I didn't rip our talent.  I think we are three positions and a journeyman WR away from being as good as anyone in the NFL.  You addressed TV at safety.  There's one.  Posey is another.  I'm not sure I wouldn't be seeing what another OLBer on the roster would be doing rather than watching weight room Adonis get run over or take a bad angle on another play.  The other is obviously QB.

I'm sorry, I'm just not willing to stick a kid in who's probably had 30 snaps in the last 3 weeks.  Call me crazy.  I don't care if the Browns were an expansion team - we're not exactly giving this kid the keys to a ferrari, either.

119315[/snapback]

Granted. and please note I wasn't trying to rip on you, just saying in a way we both agree.

Posy is a joke. I replace him ASAP. I move MW to guard. Play Price at RT. I address CB and LT via Free agency. If we truely have our franchise QB then I pay though the nose for a LT of some type. Jennings when healthy is a good LT in my opinion. but the guy can NEVER stay healthy.

I still either give JP ALL the reps OR, have mathews and JP split them. By no later than Cleveland at home I start JP. But I don't wait beyond Cleveland.

Now what you have done is keep your continuity by keeping damn near everyone..........You have also kept most of your D in place while upgrading our greatest weaknesses.

The thing is you have now taken the one man that has screwed up personel out of the Equation

You lost me here. On the one hand you're saying that you can make this a good team by keeping damn near everyone, keeping most of your D in place, play your new franchise QB, etc.

But on the other hand you want to fire the guy who has "screwed up the personel". Which is kinda wierd since you want to actually keep all the personel he acquired.

I think you just don't like Donahoe personally and are allowing it to affect your judgement of how good a job he has done of acquiring talent. That's the only thing that could explain why you want to keep the players he acquired but then fire him for acquiring them.

Gee, how about the longest tenured coach with same exact systems (regardless of coordinator changes)?

How about the virtually unblockable Joey Porter instead of the woefully inadequate Jeff Posey? The Steelers frustrated Brady all day by sending no more than zone blitzes and Porter all day. Virtually everytime we blitzed, Brady ripped our safeties for huge gains. Jerry Gray should have learned a VERY valuable lesson yesterday.

How about the emergence of Deshae Townsend in the Steelers backfield, while we're playing a virtual rookie and friggin' Ike Reese. Aaargh.

How about the fact that no matter who was our coach in 2001 or 2002, we weren't going to contend because our salary cap situation was ridiculous? The choice of Greg Williams cost us pretty much only last season, which probably would have been an 8-8 campaign, plus the learning curve of the new (and vastly improved) staff. Whoopie.

There were a few of us who said the acquisition of Bledsoe was a mistake when it happened. We were called idiots when the team got out of the gate 5-3 his first season. Thanks for jumping on.

Everytime the BILLS lose a game, the naysayers come out and say we need to can everyone from the owner to the fuggin' waterboy. Stability is the key to longterm success in the NFL. I'll grant everyone the frustration we've earned as fans over the past few seasons, but tossing the baby out yet again is not going to result in the immediate turnaround so many people seek.

That's just spooky.

But thanx for saving me the typing.....

How about the virtually unblockable Joey Porter instead of the woefully inadequate Jeff Posey?  The Steelers frustrated Brady all day by sending no more than zone blitzes and Porter all day.  Virtually everytime we blitzed, Brady ripped our safeties for huge gains.  Jerry Gray should have learned a VERY valuable lesson yesterday.

How about the emergence of Deshae Townsend in the Steelers backfield, while we're playing a virtual rookie and friggin' Ike Reese.  Aaargh.

How about the fact that no matter who was our coach in 2001 or 2002, we weren't going to contend because our salary cap situation was ridiculous?  The choice of Greg Williams cost us pretty much only last season, which probably would have been an 8-8 campaign, plus the learning curve of the new (and vastly improved) staff.  Whoopie.

There were a few of us who said the acquisition of Bledsoe was a mistake when it happened.  We were called idiots when the team got out of the gate 5-3 his first season.  Thanks for jumping on.

Everytime the BILLS lose a game, the naysayers come out and say we need to can everyone from the owner to the fuggin' waterboy.  Stability is the key to longterm success in the NFL.  I'll grant everyone the frustration we've earned as fans over the past few seasons, but tossing the baby out yet again is not going to result in the immediate turnaround so many people seek.

The hotpockets crowd shows their ugly impatient face, yet again.

119255[/snapback]

I completely agree with Darin on this (!?!). Yes the Bills looked terrible Sunday, but reacting like your hair's on fire is stupid. TD is a fool when he drafts Mcgahee and he sits for a whole season, TD is a genius when McGahee gains 100 yards a game for three games in a row, and TD is a moron when the pats smoke the Bills in a Sunday night game.

Sheesh.

119292[/snapback]

Your not the only one who has written this over the last two months. So you replace the guy making the decision with the guy that advises the guy making the decisions. I don't get it. TD is not making choices in a vacuum, he relies on Modrak for input and I don't think TD is going against Modrak when TD makes a personnel decisions. I'm willing to bet they are in agreement on 90% of what goes on.

I completely agree with Darin on this (!?!).  Yes the Bills looked terrible Sunday, but reacting like your hair's on fire is stupid.  TD is a fool when he drafts Mcgahee and he sits for a whole season, TD is a genius when McGahee gains 100 yards a game for three games in a row, and TD is a moron when the pats smoke the Bills in a Sunday night game.

Sheesh.

119388[/snapback]

That had to be painful. :rolleyes:

Tim Petre (Buffalo, NY): Does the switch to Losman in the fourth quarter signal the "changing of the guard" in Buffalo? Will J.P. finish out the year as the starter getting his feet wet the rest of this season and next with some experience under his belt?

MM: Sunday's game was just an opportunity for J.P. Losman to get some experience in a game other than a preseason contest. We let him run some basic offensive plays, but I don't see his status going any further than that right now.

I see. So what that equates to is bledsoe will suck up the rest of the season while JP does nothing but hold a clipboard.  Real nice.  anyone notice how all of a sudden Pittsburgh is kicking ass now that MM and Clements are gone?  good thing for Pitt they changed their thinking when it comes to rookie QB's huh  :rolleyes:

Oh and TD answered the same old same old again this week. blah blah, blah blah I have my head up bledsoes ass blah blah blah, all is good in the land of makebelieve blah blah blah.

119128[/snapback]

So now its not TD who is the problem with this team its his rookie head coach? Maybe time for you to call your buddy TD and tell him what changes need to be made since you guys did have that nice long discussion at the game earlier in the season

Wow, you guys are outta control. It was a bad game, chill out. Maybe Buffalo will never have a team that can win Superbowls. Im sure everyone is trying. I guess its good there are only a few of you guys wanting to kill the whole team. By the way how did the cheerleaders do. Come on, rah rah rah, Go Bills!

i just think the Bills are a proud franchise and seeing the game last night makes me mad to be a bills fan. Mularkey didn't have the team fired up, he shows no emotion on the sidelines no get in your face coach. We need a coach who gets in the players face and yells at them hard. In the offseason we need a Defensive lineman, 2 to 3 offensive lineman. And 1 wide receiver. Get rid of Teague, Tucker, Bledsoe, Henry, Spikes(gets too much money for his play). Time to see Donahoe go to another organization or be unemployed.

i just think the Bills are a proud franchise and seeing the game last night makes me mad to be a bills fan.  Mularkey didn't have the team fired up, he shows no emotion on the sidelines no get in your face coach.  We need a coach who gets in the players face and yells at them hard.  In the offseason we need a Defensive lineman, 2 to 3 offensive lineman.  And 1 wide receiver.  Get rid of Teague, Tucker, Bledsoe, Henry, Spikes(gets too much money for his play).  Time to see Donahoe go to another organization or be unemployed.

119500[/snapback]

Hey Valle,

Give MM, TD and Losman a breaker (ouch, just watch for his leg would you?), it was only 5-6 plays, coming rusty after a big injury. However, what I don't get is why in the world our GM/HC/Staff chose this embarrasing game itself, to strip Drew from the starter job in front of the NewEngland crowd. That alone, my friends, could be more damaging of a jinx for our team, than it was benching Flutie and the ensuing Music City Miracle. Why not bench Drew at home next week?, if only to do poetic justice to a Buffalo crowd tired of being the target of every joke from every average fan, every Monday morning at the water cooler talk , I feel bad for those hardworkers that keep spending their money in tickets with hope. No way, instead our braintrust choses to do the QB change on National TV and let the cameras get several shots of that cinycal smile of Bellysick, presuming his theory of sending his QB to a divisional rival is paying off with 2 more games, I want to puke!!!

Tim Petre (Buffalo, NY): Does the switch to Losman in the fourth quarter signal the "changing of the guard" in Buffalo? Will J.P. finish out the year as the starter getting his feet wet the rest of this season and next with some experience under his belt?

MM: Sunday's game was just an opportunity for J.P. Losman to get some experience in a game other than a preseason contest. We let him run some basic offensive plays, but I don't see his status going any further than that right now.

I see. So what that equates to is bledsoe will suck up the rest of the season while JP does nothing but hold a clipboard.  Real nice.  anyone notice how all of a sudden Pittsburgh is kicking ass now that MM and Clements are gone?  good thing for Pitt they changed their thinking when it comes to rookie QB's huh  :rolleyes:

119128[/snapback]

Don't you remember? GW was the problem. I read it right here on this board. Oh and Gilbride too. So many people said "anyone but GW will be an upgrade".