The Pirate of the West Texas Plains goes off on team

Beerball

The only two people in the world who think Leach is a better coach than Carroll, are Leach and the senator. The guy might be an intriguing college coach but his success can be measured equally to many of his peers. Pete Carroll is one of a few premiere college coachs of the decade and shows no signs of slowing down. Plenty of college powerhouses fall apart or are inconsistent, this is what makes Urban Meyer and Carroll unique. Mike Leach will be recycled a couple of times and have his ups and downs. His gimmicky offense will be the focal point to his success and his struggles. It would crash and burn in the NFL without a complete overhaul.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but very few - if any - National Titles - for the USC Trojans. At least, not while Pete Carroll is at the helm....

(Left to right, KD - try to read the entire sentence. I know, it's hard to read in the NFL...)

Er...um...2000, but who's counting - certainly not you. Not counting OR reading today, KD - what gives? :thumbdown:

Er...um....2004 was a reference to the last national championship under Carroll's coaching.

not understanding or comprehending in this lifetime, senator- what gives? :wallbash:

Er...um....2004 was a reference to the last national championship under Carroll's coaching.

not understanding or comprehending in this lifetime, senator- what gives? :thumbdown:

Er...um...read much, PilePusher?

Or having a few reading comprehension problems of your own?

And apparently you weren't even aware that he's been their coach since 2004! :wallbash:

Er...um...read much, PilePusher?

Or having a few reading comprehension problems of your own?

You are a discredit to grammar school comprehension, let alone Cornell.

KD made his statement about 2004 in response to you, making yet another asinine statement, about USC not winning many National Championships since Carroll's tenure. 2004 was the last championship USC won and it was under Carroll. It was his second of eight years with the team. Even a mental midget like yourself can put this together, right?

Watching you fumble around in arguments is brutal.

You are a discredit to grammar school comprehension, let alone Cornell.

KD made his statement about 2004 in response to you, making yet another asinine statement, about USC not winning many National Championships since Carroll's tenure. 2004 was the last championship USC won and it was under Carroll. It was his second of eight years with the team. Even a mental midget like yourself can put this together, right?

Watching you fumble around in arguments is brutal.

Um, OK - you go right on explaining what you thought KD meant, and then what I meant, then what he said, then what I said - - maybe even try to make a point of your own, if you care to. :thumbdown:

From 2002 to now, USC's failure to handle unranked Pacific 10 Conference opponents in the Carroll era has cost the Trojans possible national titles in 2006, 2007, 2008 and . . . 2009?

Yep, it's time to hit the rewind button.

In 2006, USC beat Arkansas and Nebraska, but lost to Oregon State and UCLA.

In 2007, the Trojans handled Nebraska at home but not Stanford.

Last year, Ohio State posed no problem at home in September but Oregon State posed a big one 12 days later in Corvallis.

Link - LA TIMES: Pete Carroll is the common denominator in USC debacles

Yeah, sorry, but I really do - one nat'l title 5 years ago and one disputed/split title 6 years ago is pretty much like the Patriettes* fans insisting that they're still champions because they won a Superbowl in '04. :thumbdown:

Yeah, it's just like that. :wallbash:

So winning two National Championships in seven years is nothing in your mind? Any idea how hard it is to win a National Championship let alone two. The funny thing is I really don't give two ***** about USC or Carroll I'm just amazed that you think their success is only because they're USC and has nothing to do with the coach. If that were the case they'd win the National Championship every year right?

Um, OK - you go right on explaining what you thought KD meant :thumbdown: , and then what I meant, then what he said, then what I said - - maybe even try to make a point of your own, if you care to. :lol:

From 2002 to now, USC's failure to handle unranked Pacific 10 Conference opponents in the Carroll era has cost the Trojans possible national titles in 2006, 2007, 2008 and . . . 2009?

Yep, it's time to hit the rewind button.

In 2006, USC beat Arkansas and Nebraska, but lost to Oregon State and UCLA.

In 2007, the Trojans handled Nebraska at home but not Stanford.

Last year, Ohio State posed no problem at home in September but Oregon State posed a big one 12 days later in Corvallis.

Link - LA TIMES: Pete Carroll is the common denominator in USC debacles

Somebody has to get you on track! :wallbash:

but very few - if any - National Titles - for the USC Trojans. At least, not while Pete Carroll is at the helm....

(Left to right, KD - try to read the entire sentence. I know, it's hard to read in the NFL...)

Er...um...2000, but who's counting - certainly not you. Not counting OR reading today, KD - what gives? :thumbdown:

Seriously dude, are you retarded? USC won a NC in 2004. With Carroll as their head coach. That means.....take a deep breath....that Pete Carroll won a NC. Understand yet?

Now why don't you post

At least, not while Pete Carroll is at the helm....

in an even bigger font so that you can look like an even bigger fool.

Like I said....scary.

Yeah, it's just like that. :thumbdown:

So winning two National Championships in seven years is nothing in your mind? Any idea how hard it is to win a National Championship let alone two. The funny thing is I really don't give two ***** about USC or Carroll I'm just amazed that you think their success is only because they're USC and has nothing to do with the coach. If that were the case they'd win the National Championship every year right?

Maybe they would. Actually, I'm slowly 'coming around' Chef - coaching just may be the key to why they can't win more titles...

Link - Pete Carroll is the common denominator in USC debacles

:wallbash:

:thumbdown: Cracked me up when I heard this on Sportcenter.My high school coach told my dad almost the exact same thing at our banquet one year. That was in the '70's. Except he left the "fat" part out,so it wasn't nearly as funny.

Leach is a beat writer's dream - you never know what's gonna come out of his mouth, but it'll usually be entertaining.

"When I first met him," allows former quarterback Graham Harrell, "I thought, 'Is this guy really the head coach? This can't be real.'"

Funny thing is, here's 6 pages of TTU gals, and I really don't see any fatties...

Pete Carrol is a great college coach. He was, however a joke at the pro level. The other USC coach at the pro level..john McKay...was one of the lousiest coaches at the NFL in history. I think we have to recognize the difference. I for one think Leach is a possible NFL coach. The Pete Carrol babying of top recruits and "everything is sunny" does work for a team like USC, and he is an excellent coach for the college level.

Leach on the other hand?

Texas Tech 66, Kansas State 14.

Kansas State 62, Texas A&M 14.

Texas A&M 52, Texas Tech 30.

What?

"We talked about not listening to our fat, little girlfriends. We said we're not going to compare [Kansas State] scores," Tech football coach Mike Leach fumed to the Austin American-Statesman after his team — a 21 ½-point favorite — somehow got throttled by A&M on Saturday. "Well, ha, ha, ha. Hee, hee, hee.

"I'd like to have a dollar for every time somebody said how many points we're going to score. It's all a bunch of crap. We got what we deserved ... If it was easy, I'd be coaching the Swedish bikini team."

Now THAT sounds more like Vince Lombardi or Bill Parcels. I for one would like to see leach in the NFL at least as an offensive co-ordinator. We'd be doing a lot more passing and he would find ways to compensate for a weak offensive line. Given a choice between Carrol for offensive co-ordinator of the Bills and Leach...I think Leach would be the better choice.

STILL the best. thread. ever.

:wallbash:

Not even close!

and now a bit of seriousness...

Leach has done a tremendous job at TT. Lubock is the perfect place for him...out of the way (a six hour drive from where I live through nothing), not a ton of national coverage etc. He's a unique guy in a unique place. He's taken a program that was not even an afterthought and made them relevant (we're talking about them on a Bills board :thumbdown: ). His style of play allows his team to be in most games. If being copied is a form of flattery then Leach should be flattered. His offense has been copied by other colleges and it is THE offense to play around here at the HS level. Why? Because it gives an undermanned team a chance. If you have 1 RB, 1 WR and a decent QB then this offense might just be for you.

Would Leach work at the NFL level? Not if he pulled an Ol' Ball Coach and tried to install the same offense at the pro level. If he were stupid enough to try that then his success would equal Spurier's. Could he adapt? Maybe...no way of knowing.

Will any NFL owner give him a shot? Highly doubtful. I find him colorful. They would see him as controversial. Would I like to see him get a shot? Absolu!@#$inlutely! What a fun ride that would be!

OK...now back to the regularly scheduled bashing...

Would Leach work at the NFL level? Not if he pulled an Ol' Ball Coach and tried to install the same offense at the pro level. If he were stupid enough to try that then his success would equal Spurier's. Could he adapt? Maybe...no way of knowing.

Will any NFL owner give him a shot? Highly doubtful. I find him colorful. They would see him as controversial. Would I like to see him get a shot? Absolu!@#$inlutely! What a fun ride that would be!

OK...now back to the regularly scheduled bashing...

But first, a brief word from our sponsor...

I'd go so far as to say that if they 'swapped programs' - that is, put Carroll in Lubbock TX to build a program from scratch with TT's budget, and put Leach at USC with their tradition, $$$, and recruiting power - and you'd soon reconsider that statement.

(BTW - Carroll was fired after one season as the Jets HC (6-10), and fired again by Bob Kraft in NE*)

So what you are saying Sen is that Leach is a renegade like me!

:w00t::unsure::lol: